Creamy Curry :) (Super speedy!)

I made a chicken and veg curry the day after as plenty left. Cooked a bag of steam fresh veggies, added chicken and sauce oh it was delicious. Didn't have rice as on a red day but didn't need it anyway. Really recommend making this sauce.

ForumRunner_20120405_092356.jpg

have just read the whole 13 pages!!! Am making a detour into Sainsburys on the way home from work tonight as I want chicken curry for tea.

Ohh how bizzarr does this sound yet im deffo going to try it as me and my partner love a chicken curry but with me being on slimming world havnt been able to eat it. How spucey is this recipe. I can only eat korma as hate things too spicey lol xx

Gonna have this for dinner tomorrow, have some in the freezer from last time so hope its still as good!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

My version of Cauliflower Curry........
Cauliflower Curry (Small).JPG

Thanks for this great post. Had the cauliflower curry with chicken leek and mushrooms surrounded by "cauliflower Rice" (bit of soft cheese added) it was really really nice and got to be too good to be true.. is it possible to overdose on cauliflower? :)

I made this & it wasn't bad but I usually eat Korma which is a lot creamier so I may need to play around with it. It still tasted good for a change of dinner though :)

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

This is simmering on the hob right now and I can't wait to try it. I'm trying it out on the kids too, so that'll be the real test!!

I bought some fat free Greek yoghurt to add to this to make it creamier.

Question...how should I add the yoghurt so it doesn't curdle or anything? Slowly, off the heat?

I wait until the chicken is cooked then reduce the heat, add yoghurt and cornflower 1tbsp mixed with water, this helps to stop it splitting, then take it off the heat and mix together.

I love this, just got another portion out of the freezer for tea tonight :)

Tried this curry this evening and it was lovely!! Yummy. We made loads of extra sauce so we can have a curry chip tomorrow evening for tea :)

I made the mushy pea curry sauce yesterday and it was okay but had a funny acrid taste to it. My favourite curry sauce is from the Chinese so, even though I detest cauliflower, I will attempt to make this over the weekend. I really want to like it! Superspeed curry sauce would just about make my day!

Can it be frozen if it has yogurt in it?

You're better off separating out the portion you want to freeze first and only adding the yoghurt at the end before you're going to eat it. Its not the freezing thats the problem but the fact you've got to heat it up again to eat it, at which point the yoghurt will split - so always best to freeze the base before the yoghurt is added.

Always add yoghurt at the end or it will split, (although some yoghurts are better than others I find).

Back