Creamy pasta

Scarlett Desire

Made some of this yesterday and it is gorgeous! will definitely make again. No quantities as I just chucked it all in a pan, but this is what I did:

Cooked loads of pasta, drained it and mixed this in the hot saucepan (taken off the heat) with HEA of extra light Philadelphia. Once that had melted and coated all the pasta, I added a small bag of baby spinach leaves and some halved baby plum tomatoes. Stirred it all until the spinach just started to wilt (no need to put it on the heat as the warmth of the pasta starts to cook it).

It made 2 huge portions and i had them both!

sounds amazing! what about adding sum chopped bacon for a carbonara'ish' meal?! also scarlett what is the amount of philly allowed on slimming world?

I often make creamy pasta - I put a veg oxo cube in with the pasta and mix up a tub of quark and some egg yolks. I use the veg pasta water to add to the quark until its of a creamy runny consistency - I then add a hea choice of parmesan and mixed it into the drained pasta. My fave is with chopped bacon and mushrooms - really delicious x

You could add bacon but I'm veggie so I wouldn't! I think heb of philly light is 85g but would need to check.

I would never have thought of egg yolks but clearly there's a few recipes out there. Thanks for the additions!

Yummy!!!

I made a carbonara kind thing with Philly, baby leeks, mushrooms and bacon.... Gotta love the Philly!!

Will be trying this one too! Thanks!

Depends if you like cream cheese and spinach really!

I had something similar today, pasta with philly mixed with tuna, onions, peppers, cucumber, sweetcorn and tomato. Topped with a light garlic and herb sauce by kraft! it was lush!!

sounds amazing! what about adding sum chopped bacon for a carbonara'ish' meal?! also scarlett what is the amount of philly allowed on slimming world?

EE - A Choice 75g medium fat philly (the light philly not extra light - you can't have more of the lower fat one as it's not enough calcium to qualify as an A)
Red - As above
Green - As above or B choice of 45g full fat, 110g low fat or 75g medium fat

Back