Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato 0 Point Soup

tuppers

Just made my first ever successful 0 point soup. Mega yummy.

You'll need:
- Tomato Passata (Tesco's come with basil)
- 3 Red Peppers
- 2 Red Onions
- 2 Teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- Couple of pinches of Salt
- Tablespoon of Extra Light Philadelphia (This spreads out across all the portions and still make the soup 0 point, just a tad creamier)
- 0 Cal Spray (I used extra virgin olive oil one)

Stick the oven on 160'c (fan), pre-heating is important, slice peppers in half and destork them, slice onions in half. Place skin side up, spray with 0 cal spray. Put in the oven for half hour. Turn them over, break up the onion and spread across the tray. Back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

Take out, leave them to cool for 5/10 mins, and you should be able to peel off the skin of the peppers. Place onions with some water in the blender, and then add the de-skinned peppers half by half. Once full blended tip into a big saucepan on a medium heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes for all the flavours to combine!

Hope someone enjoys it!

This sounds yummy :D I'll be making this even though I'm on ProPoints. It shouldn't be too high for me :D Ooh, thanks :)

Mmmm does sound yummy

Thanks ladies! I've frozen the portions into tupperware, makes it easier to transport to work for lunches - Microwave from frozen! Pair with a warburtons sandwich thin (toasted if you can) sliced up to dip for 1.5 discover points in total!

I made this (slight variation though- damn not having quite the right ingredients!); it's yummy! I couldn't help picking at the roasted vegetables though- I discovered a love for roasted onion. Yum. Thanks for sharing this recipe :D

Back