Credenhill's Diary

Ok so now we are both better we should make a promise to ourselves to get back on track :D

I would love to lose all the weight and then see if I can bump into some of my old work colleagues muahahaha! Ah to walk straight past them and not be recognised - one day, definitely one day :D

You're on luv, lets kick this weight once and for all.

On for tomorrow will let you know how it goes. Good luck too..

I wonder what it is??? I don't have your cold/flu thing but I'm finding it soooooo difficult to get back on track!!

I've been out of my comfort zone all day - on a training day at work .... mandatory sessions - hundreds of people and everyone seeming to know half a dozen people there - except me ..... felt like a right 'billy' all day - lunching on my own etc ........ weeeeeeeeeel if you're sitting alone you can't not have any food as well can you!!!! I had a gingsters BLT - which actually wasn't very nice - but being me I wasn't totally sure that I hadn't liked it much till it was all gone!! :(

**big sigh**

.... another morning of it tomorrow but no opportunity to eat as not over lunchtime and am taking a soup to Mum's where I'm going afterwards to help her shower and do her hair......

good luck with it kiddos!!! xxxx

good luck with it Jan, I hate training courses when you don't know anyone.

i think I am getting my head back in, the weigh n for me has been cancelled tomorrow as friend really bad with flu in bed and not moving. I'm going round later to give her lunch, some company and a bit of tidying up. So hopefully no chance to pick and this will help me get back on track.

Keep smiling :D:D

Ah Jan - nothing worse than a break in the routine and a training course with a load of people you don't know to boot! Hopefully it will be better today.

I feel sorry for your friend, Shep - that flu is a right pain in the backside and real horrible. Hope you don't catch it.

Right, today is the day we get ourselves sorted.

I didn't have a bad day yesterday - ate more than planned but less than I had been eating.

Today I've taken the plunge back into the Go Lower regime. If I'm going to reach my current 8 week goal and the Blackpool goal, I need to stick to the plan. I can still do it :D

I was going to do some Wii Fit last night - switched on the Wii, batteries dead in the controller, batteries dead in the balance board - wow, has it been that long I asked myself. Er, yep! Plan to do 10 minutes a night this week and work up to 30 minutes by adding an extra 10 minutes a week. I just wish they had a more enjoyable longer instructional step programme.

Nice sunny day here :D Figure if we get this much sunlight in spring and summer, I should get a bumper crop of tomatoes from the grow bags I plan to put out - last year's crop was a complete failure, but then that's what happens when you don't have a greenhouse hehe!

I tried a hanging tomato plant was okay didn't hang much but got a good 30 toms out of it, I am gonna plant the toms, and cucumber got to get his plants out first, they are in the greenhouse for winter and time to start coming out, but with the snow was put on hold for a vouple of wks.

I am like you if I am to do this 8 week challenge I need to get back in to it seriously, I said to my hubby I have spent this money on it and I might as well do it properly or not at all, he said he will not tempt off the track and when I say i want something not on the plan he will kick my bum for me literally (i think!!lol) he even sat down and read the booklet so I have no excuses except myself now.

Good luck heres to day 1 of many :)

Oh great - you're both sounding really positive!! Hopefully that will inspire me too!!!

Training wasn't too bad this morning though none of the plastic dummies came back to life despite 19 of us jumping up and down on their chests and puffing loads of air into them ...... ah well - we tried :) .... Carrying the dummy babies around by the leg probably didn't help. AND FYI it's virtually impossibly to do the heimlich manoeuvre on a plastic model with no legs!!!!! ;)

Oh well - all over for another year .. thank goodness.

Been bad again - writing this week off, will face the music tomorrow which I guarantee will be worse than last week and then back to work tomorrow night, back in the 'zone' I sincerely hope!!

Keep the positivity going kids - you're my inspiration!!!

Glad today has gone better for you :D lol I had a bit of a chuckle at the vision of you trying to grapple with a dummy. Hope tomorrow's WI isn't too bad. Getting back to the usual routine, I would think, should help.

Shep - I grew tumblers a couple of years back. Put them in growbags and hung them up - was a big mistake. They grow so so big! Live and learn hehe!

So far so good today. I am struggling with the mental thing that it's not even 7 and I have eaten all my food for the day - got a cup of Marigold planned for later though. Stupid habits :p

Nice hot bath and an early night for me I think.

Jan - have set the box to record Dr and Nurses at War. Will watch it at the weekend :D

Great - let me know what you think of the prog! I'm sort of looking forward to it :( :( ........ He's so desperate for everyone to watch it.

Even one of his facebook friends has told him to pack in the nagging to watch it on his status ...... ;)

I'm used to grappling with dummies - but don't tell OH I said that ;);)

I know what you mean about the mental struggling - if only we were automatons!!!! I'm feeling surprisingly upbeat for having had such a bad week. WI will probably fix that! :)

xx

Last edited:
Thank yoooo! :):)

*waves* heys am still alive but am also still not back on track with things, bobbing along at the same point lol

Just having a lot of crap, mostly money issues atm which is putting me in a rather 'stuff it' frame of mind, but not going mental either so that's a sort of blessing. I know I will start putting on if I don't get off the plateau point soon though, just finding the right attitude...

Have got the haircut, having technical difficulties with my laptop atm though so can't put a picture on. It looked good yesterday but it's the first time straightners have been used on my hair ever... I bought some but am no good with them yet so my hair looks a lot different today, the word being PUFFY :( But with a side fringe which looks kinda cool hehe.

Keep up the good work, hangers-on, I'm sorry I can't be one of you at the moment x

Hi friends!!
Come on we can do this together!!! :grouphugg:
Just had my week 4 weigh in today and I am another 2 lbs down which I am quite pleased with !!

I talked to my friend tonight who is on Cambridge and 650 cals and NO food - she is losing 1/2 stone each week - but I need food too much to go down that route!! but it works for her which is fab!!

It appears I may have won a holiday ????????? I had an email today - I need to follow it up with a call tomorrow - it does seem too good to be true but I do remember doing the competition ( there was a time when I was a regular comper !!! - have less time now....) and it all looks like it could be real - I am very very excited !! Will let you know.... I know there are so many spoof type 'you've won a prize' emails/junk mail etc... So will wait and see with fingers crossed!! :cross:

Jan I hate the annual mandatory training - I need to book mine in but have been avoiding it!!

Shep glad to hear your DH is being so supportive - my DH put the bread maker on last night so we awoke to the smell of hot fresh bread - OMG that was hard to resist !!

Caroline I hope you had a GOOD day and are back on track !

and Lochan sorry to hear about your woes, but I hope the haircut cheered you up! - can't wait to see it !!

WOW!!! Well done on your loss!!!! You're doing sooooo well!! "Quite pleased???" You should be thrilled!!

As for the holiday win...... if you remember entering the contest then it probably is genuine and if so HOORAY!!!! GREAT STUFF!!!
It could be one of those that you have to go along to a presentation and either buy a timeshare/points/join a club OR have the free holiday ..... if it turns out to be that please let me know because we've been through all this lately and i can tell you what to expect.

It's not all bad - we had 3 nights in the Lakes in a cabin for £60something for 3 of us and £30 off a meal and we're going to Scotland for 4 nights in March for £50 (which will be taken off bar/restaurant bills) - for both we have to sit through a 2 hr presentation but that's okay - in the lakes we sat through it and then said 'no thank you' and that was fine..... Anyway - I'm rambling now - sorry.

Never mind half a stone a week - that's just not natural or sustainable. I'm not knocking your friend but it's not retraining appetites or anything is it?? And the way they talk about 'refeeding' when you finish the main loss ...... it just doesn't sound human ....

... I can't talk - I was looking for cambridge on the net when i came across diet chef .... maybe I will still need to do it at some point but it still isn't natural not to eat.

The mandatory training is all very well if it's relevant - that's what bugs me ... okay CPR, fire, health & safety ... infection control to a degree apply/can help in REAL life but a lecture about medicines, when you're not allowed to administer them and transfusion safety, when you're not allowed anywhere near them is just a total waste of time!!!
I also don't think they should be annual ...... how quickly does a year go????? You don't have time to forget anything for goodness' sake!! Every 3 would be so much more sensible and realistic....... ah well ... moan over ...

Well done again - keep it up!!! xxx

It was a comp in the travel section in the Daily Mail - I don't even buy the paper but my motherinlaw does and I always read it on a sat night ! (I am a creature of habit!!) my lap top was to hand and I entered on line. DH very pessimistic and dubious about it all - also saying he doesn't want to leave the children !! We haven't ever left them overnight to go away - and I happily would but he is a real worrier!!

It was a comp in the travel section in the Daily Mail - I don't even buy the paper but my motherinlaw does and I always read it on a sat night ! (I am a creature of habit!!) my lap top was to hand and I entered on line. DH very pessimistic and dubious about it all - also saying he doesn't want to leave the children !! We haven't ever left them overnight to go away - and I happily would but he is a real worrier!!

sounds good to me, and the children wouldn't mind if you went away i'm sure, Deanna loves going to her nans as she get away with alot more there then she does hear.

Well done on your loss...

*hugs* to all :D

Ah LoChan :( - hope things get better for you. Money worries are always a pain.

Jan - chin up! Good luck today. Got my fingers crossed it isn't as bad as you think it will be.

Laura - go you, another great loss :D And a holiday too. I won a holiday once - was Club la Costa, which is a holiday club with points - told them to take a long running hike cos I didn't like the way they "sold" it. Probably the type of holiday that Jan went on - supposed to not be too bad as long as you hold to your "no" during the two hours. Hopefully, if in the Daily Mail, it will be a proper holiday though :D

So, one day down in the 100% stakes - woohoo! Didn't sleep so well last night as my body decided to rid itself of excess fluid - up down up down. Then the weirdest hail storm ever - thought someone was mowing the lawn in the middle of the night. Well, you never know - there are a lot of nutters about hehe!

Here's to another good day :D

It WAS ClublaCosta Caroline as it happens :)

Funny you should mention the up/down/up/down in the night thing ;) that's how I know I will have gained a goodly amount today - I haven't been getting up in the night. A sure sign with me that I've been eating too many carbs which, in turn hold on to a lot more water. At least I'll know that a good half of whatever the gain is will be excess fluid which will go when I'm 100% again ..... **big sigh** .... why do we do it?????

Hope you get another 100% today!!

Laura - that holiday sounds like a good win! If OH really won't leave the kids take someone else!! That'll probably change his mind ;)

LoChan - hope things look up for you soon!

Will report in later! :(:(

lol Jan, that is excellent advice - yep, Laura, take one of your mates with you - a nice girlie holiday hehe! ;)

Club la Costa is tempting - we signed up to the three year trial when out in Tenerife. Cancelled it on return home mind you, but I liked the idea of the three year trial and wanted to mull it over - alas, they don't like you to do that so we ended up getting two bottles of really nice cava and lunch on them without giving anything in return - the fella was very nice too and I did feel a bit sorry for him, but hey, he wanted us to sign there and then knowing we had 14 days to say bye bye. Kind of wasted the guy's day really but hey! Life sucks huh!

Carbs are a pain in the backside for water retention, but at least it shifts quickly. I seem to remember there was a programme on Channel 4 once where they looked at how much fat and water people lost on diets during a 14 day period - one lady lost 14 lbs of which about 12 lbs was water!!! Blimey! That's a lot of ups and downs!

So far the day is going great :D If I can keep it up until Friday, I'm hoping I can get back to the 19 stone again - the 18s would be nice but not promising myself that - better to have a pleasant surprise then a kick in the teeth!

We never actually signed up to anything so we've just had a couple of short breaks in this country out of it. Well worth it if you know you're strong enough not to be talked into anything - just a bit boring through the presentations when you know you're not interested.
We usually take the line that the accommodation etc is way too luxurious for us. We're track suits and muddy boots types - all that's wasted on us. We were showed a newly refurbished chalet in the Lakes which they were soooo proud of. I walked in and went 'eeeeewwwww I hate laminate flooring I'd rather have carpet' 'eeeeewwww I'd much rather have material than leather sofas' 'Ooo I much prefer the one we're staying in' (unrefurbished obviously) ..... they DO take the hint and we can go 'Ah what a shame - just not out kind of thing, too modern - we're so old - hahahaha'

It's easier when you know that they only expect 1 out of every 3 couples to be tempted.

Glad you're having another good day .... keep it up!! xx

Hi there everyone - well the holiday is real and almost too good to be true!!:rolleyes:
Wait for it, it is.............

Mauritius.......... :bliss:

and is 1 week for 2, 1/2 board in a 5 star resort value £4000 I cannot believe it and I haven't stopped smiling :) all day! I spoke to the travel editor for the mail this morning and the holiday company this afternoon. We just need to decide when to go!! DH still so, not keen on leaving the children - to the point he wants me to ring up and see how much extra it would cost to go en famille - there is NO way we can afford it having looked at the web site - but I will ask !
It feels almost unreal and unbelievable...

I have never won a prize in an online comp!

Diet wise - was so busy at work that no time for my soup and ended up working 2 hrs late and ate my main meal eventually at 7 30 pm too late - I was so hungry!! so I have also had 2 nakd bars again - that's turning into a habit....:p

Back