Credenhill's Diary

Aren't autistic kids quite intelligent but in a somewhat focused way? I remember that autistic artist who was incredible and seem to remember there was a lad who was a math genius too.

Wii Fit for me - going to do some step. I do four lots of the "advanced" step. The free step gets so so boring! Otherwise, got to study - am doing an OU science course to keep my fingers out of the fridge.

Yeah he is pretty bright and he's quite imaginative too. His main problem is a speech and language delay so he sounds quite immature for his age (but then again he's only six, seven in march!). He's fairly high on the autistic spectrum in that he doesn't have very severe behavioural problems but is very particular about having a precise routine and things in school, gets very nervous and can act up if unexpected things happen or an unfamiliar person is about etc. Also is a bit OCD about how he does things and whatnot but on the whole he is a good boy for me 'cause he knows what to expect from me at home and stuff :)

He sounds like a real darling :) I can understand the liking for strict routine - it is no doubt reassuring :)

Wow, just realised - you are half-way to goal :D

Oh yeah so I am lol d'oh! I might adjust the goal down when I get closer to it as never been slim so dunno what'll suit lol Just going for the edge of 'healthy' BMIwise for now.

Just did 45 mins on the bike and waiting for the home visitor woman now, she was suppose to send me a letter to confirm but nothing turned up so she better arrive :mad: Due between now and half past I think, having lunch once she's gone so hope it doesn't take forever lol

Shep and Mrs (as collywobbles) are on board now in group 7 :D

Excellent - it will keep us on the straight and narrow :D

Fingers crossed the lady turns up.

I'm going to do my Wii once I've finished all my work. I really need to start thinking seriously about exercise as working from home means I do nothing but sit on my bum!

Me too for homeworking - I'm just part-time though so wed-fri one week and just thur-fri the next. It's much better moneywise and everything being able to work at home but it's awful for getting the munchies with noone around to see me lol

I am really slow, after listing the limited places I've been to in the UK I only just noticed whereabouts you are - manchester lol. Are you in the city or in the greater area? I'm in east manchester, wishing I lived in the south instead lol

Haha, also in the "nasty" east haha! I came from the south of the city, Cheshire actually to be posh, but love the practicality of East Manchester - not to mention the rather handy nearby Tesco :D

I kind of wish I live in somewhere warm - Tenerife would be great, sigh! But hey, sunny Manchester will do. Did live in London for a while but got fed up - couldn't afford a house and didn't want to mortgage over our heads!

Home working is great - I do full-time. Wouldn't want to go back to an office environment again, all that "doggie talk" really does my head in. I like to be able to work and get paid for what I do - no carrying the lazy bods.

But I've gained three stones since working at home - I used to walk miles into Manchester in the morning and now I walk down the stairs, to the kitchen, etc.

Eek, that is spooky... I'm going to -that- tesco this afternoon... Are you a gortonite?!

My mum's parents live in Timperley, I don't know why she left there to come here, surely the houses weren't that expensive back in the day lol! My team (which I still have to go in to see for meetings once or twice a month) was mostly blokes so it was all sports talk (bleh!) so not very titillating!

The woman's not turned up, waiting until 3 to heat m'soup just to be sure she won't turn up while I'm slurping. Bet she'll come tomorrow now so I'll be stuck in again and will have to tidy up after the menfolk of the house -again- gargh!

Yep, a Gortonite indeed :D I live not far from Tesco - so you also a Gortonite then? Hmm, maybe we can exchange details and help each other resist the temptations of Tesco and all the takeaways around the area - I live in a healthy eater's nightmare location :)

I'm not big on housework - only work I do in the house is my business. I have cats to do the dusting haha! I think my hubby despairs at my lack of womanly cleaning skills! Or I'm just plain lazy!

Timperley - been ages since I've been there - used to be a member of the astronomy club which meets near the field where they do the athletics - not far from the village centre.

Yes, I'm within walking distance of the tesco too lol Have never lived outside of the bloody place I've stayed within a 10 minute walk of my mums! That is so bizarre :D

Can private message or email details stuff later hehe. I'm not too bad with the takeaway places around here I'm sort of out the way of the main road and I chuck the thousand menus that come through the door every week straight in the bin - laziness comes in handy, I can't be bothered walking to the chippy :8855:

lol Yes laziness has it's advantages. I sit here moaning about wanting chocolate sometimes when I'm like 5 mins away from the newsagents.

My pepsi max addiction would make me get up and go to the newsagents but that's about it and I'm trying to cut down on that lol

Just about to set off for tesco then fetching my son from m'mothers, catch up with you all later x

Just got back from Tesco myself. Needed more milk and decided I fancied those McCain Sweet Potato with Rosemary and Garlic chunks with my casserole instead of another pitta - only 101 cals per 100g weighed when frozen :D And well, I love sweet potato hehe

Mm they sound good - and would of just hit the spot with the pork meatball and butterbean casserole I just had for tea, oooh it was nice lol That and the sausages are my two favs now. I found the chilli con carne in the tesco and it was £1.39 so got a couple though haven't tried it yet lol They don't seem to have the soups but they do three of them in the denton sainsburys.

Lol we can talk about the Local Shops for Local People :8855:

Decided not to waste another day in tomorrow waiting for the home visitor since I'm pretty sure it was today - got a lunchdate with my boyfriend in town going to Wagamama with a walk in for exercise. Will just have to say to the woman I was sure it was on Monday and I didn't receive a letter from her to confirm the date, sure it can be rearranged.

I love a bit of pasta with those meatball - may have that tonight actually - yummy :D

The Gorton Tesco doesn't seem to be big on stock - unlike the one at Stockport! Suppose we could let them off as they are starting out and short of staff.

Don't blame you for not waiting in again. Ooh I adore the Ramen soup at Wagas. Enjoy your day out. Hope it doesn't rain too much hehe!

Struggling today. I'm tired and tired = cravings, cravings and more cravings. Even cravings things I don't even like. Trying lots of distraction.

I was reading that if you distract yourself long enough the craving goes away - me wonders who writes these things hehe! It will go away once I have dinner and a good night's sleep.

Having the meatballs with some wholewheat pasta tonight and a big bag of veg.

Aw, early night for me too I think - shattered feeling. The home visitor rang me saying she couldn't come today and was it possible we could rearrange. I was in the middle of town at the time so I was like oh sure that's no problem for me lol

Got a bit annoyed, my phone battery died so I went to where I told my boyfriend I'd meet him to walk to wagamama together, got there ten minutes early. Because I didn't txt him he decided rather than come check if I was there to stay in his office leaving me waiting outside the town hall for 40 mins - I was not amused!

So we missed the wagamamas as no time and went to starbucks for a coffee instead with a wallaby bar (yoghurt, fruit and nut thing). Just scoffed my chilli con carne early to compensate, was starving after walking in from home!

Oh dear :( Sounds like you had a not too good a day. But at least tomorrow's a new one :D

40 mins outside the Town Hall - exciting hehe! And it is cold too.

Mmn, least I had my iPod with me I spose, but I was leaning against a metal safety fence thing for the first 15 minutes when I realised it was all wet and had soaked the back of my coat d'oh!

It's a working day tom'ow but at least I'll be in the warm and dry at home within 15 feet of the kettle at all times :D

Oh dear! A couple of not-so-good days ....... sorry guys. As you say tomorrow is another day and how great to have this place to come to for a bit of support!!

My day's been a bit better - funny how these things go .... mind you I've seen 2 of my children and 4 of my 5 grandchildren - that always cheers me up and makes me realise what's important.

Here's to a good day tomorrow!

Back