Crime Novels

Love crime novels, Kathy Reichs, Karin Slaughter, some Tess Gerritsen, Cody MacFadyen, Richard Montanari, old Patricia Cornwell (anything before The Last Precinct is amazing).

Have you read Scarpetta Factor yet? I keep imagining some kind of Forensic Investigator crime-off, identifying the most gruesome and unusual murders before being put to the public vote!

It's the latest Patricia Cornwell book, I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback cos I know it will be a waste of money lol.

Yes!
Harlan Coben is a big cuddly crime/thriller genius.
And he's lovely too. I emailed to say how much I enjoyed his books and he replied and we chatted over emails for a short time.
I can't get into his Myron Bolitair series though.

Mark Billingham is fairly good as well, although I lost interest after his third book.

My fella recommends Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston, Lee Child and Jeff Lindsay.

I love Harlen Coben too and he does seem to really appreciate his fans, I would recommend the Myron Bolitar books, - as you read them you really get to know and understand his characters, and the banter between them is brilliant.

Robert Crais - The Elvis Cole Series and a couple of stand alone books about Joe Pike (Elvis's sidekick)
Michael Connelly - The Harry Bosch Series.
P.J. Tracy - The Monkeewrench Series.
I could go on and on and on but a lot of my favourite authors have already been mentioned.

Im a crime novel fanatic. Although just starting out.
My all time fave is James Patterson and the Alex Cross mysteries :heartpump:

I have just read through all the pages in this thread and have a list aslong as my arm of authors for me to dig out at the library when i've finished Patterson (im on book 6 of the womens murder club mysteries at the mo) :) xxx

The "Frost" books by R.D Wingfield are a great read (and sadly there won't be anymore as the author has passed away) - much grittier than the TV series too!

Going to have a good look through this thread to get some ideas of what books to buy - I love crime novels. I really like Val McDermid, Harlan Coben, Lisa Gardner and Linwood Barclay (although he's only released three books so far). I really want to read the Alex Cross series by James Patterson, I loved the film versions and I've heard loads of good things about it.

kathy reich is great, i only started to read hers after i started watching bones on sky, which is sort of based on kathy reich, i think she was involved in some of the episodes :)

Has anyone read Lynda La Plante's DCI Langton & Travis series: Above Suspicion, The Red Dahlia, Clean Cut, Deadly Intent, Silent Scream & Blind Fury. ITV have dramatised the first 2 and are about to dramatise the third. The books though are so much better. They're brilliant!

Back