Cringe moment, crying myself to sleep

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Ok most horrible moment happened earlier.
I often get blister type things on inside of my legs, I thought this new one was just the same. But no, it was a boil! I went to the gym which was so painful! :-( then had sauna and swim. Came home I was in so much pain. My friend was with me' and she looked at it. She said it looked infected as it was black!!! :-( she's a nurse so I trust her judgement. It took me' half hour to find the guts to let her pop it with a sterilised needle and I cried so much as it hurt but then I carried on crying for about an hour after realising it was my obesity that got me' to this situation and how on earth did I let myself get like this! :-(
Major depressed right now, I'm so so upset!

U poor thing , I never had s boil but in the past my legs have rubbed together so much till they were bleeding,

Thank u for ur replies. It has made me' definately stay on track now it's like a painful incentive. :-( so I will definately not be thinking I'm missing out on office chips today! I'll be happy with my soup! Oh the joys of being morbidly obese. :-(

I used to get these all the time, also under my arms. I now have really bad scarring from it........ BUT as you lose weight they do go. I don't get them now at all. If u feel them come up, before they get too far try a bit of savlon cream.... Sometimes pop it on a cotton wool pad so it sticks there for a little while and can be absorbed, they arent always in the easiest places to apply cream to stay there!

At least you got it chick, and you are in the right place to get is sorted now :)

I get these around the tops of my thighs, where your underwear line would be. Owwww. Also have gotten them in the crease under my belly.
The joys.

Hi. Just an update on the boil. I changed the plaster earlier and my top of my leg where it is has swollen loads. Is this normal?? :-s really worried!

May be worth a visit to your go to get it checked out and give you peace of mind.

Hi just to reassure you, I get boils to an so does my skinny mummy! Yes I'm slightly over weight but my wee mum isn't at all. We get them with stress, particularly if Im working lots an have lots on at Uni! Don't be too disheartened and blame it all on ur weight, check what's going on in ur life also ?

Elmo01 said:
Hi just to reassure you, I get boils to an so does my skinny mummy! Yes I'm slightly over weight but my wee mum isn't at all. We get them with stress, particularly if Im working lots an have lots on at Uni! Don't be too disheartened and blame it all on ur weight, check what's going on in ur life also ?

Thank u. I do have stress in my life at the mo yeah. My dad left few months back & is divorcing my mum. Were having to sell house to down grade and got money worries. :-(
Just scared about this swelling that's occurring now. It's red and warm and is tender and hurts again now. :-(

That's prob the reason too then! I'm sure you are well stressed! The doctor was able to give me tablets to take for six wks an thankfully I haven't had anymore, though things have been pretty calm at the min. I'd say there is more pus inside it if it is still really red an swollen. Try putting a hot compress on it for ten mins see if u can draw anymore out. Another thing is I never cover mine after lancing them as its best to let the air heal it.

Elmo01 said:
That's prob the reason too then! I'm sure you are well stressed! The doctor was able to give me tablets to take for six wks an thankfully I haven't had anymore, though things have been pretty calm at the min. I'd say there is more pus inside it if it is still really red an swollen. Try putting a hot compress on it for ten mins see if u can draw anymore out. Another thing is I never cover mine after lancing them as its best to let the air heal it.

Aww brilliant thank you for the advice will try that and hopefully it'll go away! :)
Thanks again x

Safia said:
It could b infected and you might need antibiotics so best to see doc x i tend to get them on my thighs or armpits and had them 3 times at the beginning of my pregnancy!

Yeah I'm going to see how it goes over the weekend and if It doesn't reduce I will go to the doctors. Best make sure I wear nice big pants as it's at the very top of thigh on the inside. Lol don't want to shock them by showing anything else too! Haha x

Hi. Just an update on the boil. I changed the plaster earlier and my top of my leg where it is has swollen loads. Is this normal?? :-s really worried!

Thank u. I do have stress in my life at the mo yeah. My dad left few months back & is divorcing my mum. Were having to sell house to down grade and got money worries. :-(
Just scared about this swelling that's occurring now. It's red and warm and is tender and hurts again now. :-(

Please go and see your doctor or your practice nurse.

I do not want to frighten you but septicemia is very unforgiving and so unpleasant.

Do not wait until Monday if it is still red, hard and swollen go to A&E. They would rather see you as an outpatient than see you admitted with something that has been allowed to develop beyond what is normal.

I am not trying to panic you or over-reacting on your part, just being concerned of Spain.com

hugs xxx

fillymum said:
Please go and see your doctor or your practice nurse.

I do not want to frighten you but septicemia is very unforgiving and so unpleasant.

Do not wait until Monday if it is still red, hard and swollen go to A&E. They would rather see you as an outpatient than see you admitted with something that has been allowed to develop beyond what is normal.

I am not trying to panic you or over-reacting on your part, just being concerned of Spain.com

hugs xxx

Thank you for the support Hun. I'm still monitoring it at the moment and it seems bit better but I will definately get an appt for Monday. What is septicaemia ? Xx

i had a similar experience a few years ago now. A boil/cyst where a bloke doesn't particular want a boil/cyst. Being a brave (read foolish) man, I didn't want to bother the doctor.

Eventually, I had to. I was in agony and it could not merely be "popped". There was complications as I was diabetic.

Long story short, I went it thinking it would be lanced (I was due to go away that weekend) 2 major abdominal operations, 8 days in high-risk isolation ward and 10 days later I was was released. Not only that but had to have the whole thing drained and was rated 40-60 (against!!) survival at one point. I had to have the dressing changed and wounds cleaned every day at home until cleared (couldn't be stitched).

3 months after this I was able to return to work. I was insulin-dependent, and thought it was only a bloody little boil!

That scared the life out of me and I changed my entire lifestyle.

Anyone with any lumps or bumps, boils or cysts get them checked out - especially if you're diabetic!!!

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]It is bloodd poisoning caused by an infection often something as simple as a boil.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

fillymum said:
It is bloodd poisoning caused by an infection often something as simple as a boil.

Ah ok thank you for that! Going doctors tomorrow with it and hopefully it'll be ok! X

Back