Crisp seasoning

nettie

Gold Member
Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can buy crisp seasoning? My OH has just got a recipe from the internet for home made crisps which are syn free (obviously they are made from potatoes and I am aware that it's not sensible to over indulge) but he has just made some and they were amazing. They taste like real crisps. It says on line to buy crisp seasoning but I wouldn't know where to look for it.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can buy crisp seasoning? My OH has just got a recipe from the internet for home made crisps which are syn free (obviously they are made from potatoes and I am aware that it's not sensible to over indulge) but he has just made some and they were amazing. They taste like real crisps. It says on line to buy crisp seasoning but I wouldn't know where to look for it.
Thanks in advance :)

Paprika is really nice with seasoning. Make them part of a meal to avoid 'food abuse' but I'll sometimes have them as a snack because its still a better choice than a bag of peanuts.

I've never heard of crisp seasoning that you can buy.

yeah I was thinking about taking some to work and having them with my lunch.

Nandos chip sprinkle? Certainly livens up chips and it does suggest using it on crisps/popcorn on the packaging...

Where was the recipe from?

Hi there,
they are just microwaved. My OH found it so I dunno where it was from but basically you...

peel potatoes and cut them really really thin, as thin as you can get them
put them in a bowl of salted water for 5 minutes
lay them on kitchen paper and dab them to get all the excess water off them
put a few sprays of fry light onto grease proof paper and lay the potatoes on the paper, making sure none of them over lap (he ripped the paper so it was the same shape and size as the microwave plate)
put them in the microwave for 4-5 minutes and hey presto.... perfect crisps
he then sprinkled a bit of sea salt over them and they taste just like those smiths crisps that you get the little blue sachet of salt in :)

They do a salt and malt sprinkle in Morrison just like salt but with a vinegar taste

oh yeah they do... i forgot about that! thanks

I think everyone is concerned it may affect your weightloss, enjoy just be wary how many you have . Sounds good though

Back