Extra Easy Crisps are my downfall

i didnt know you were able to still get the prawncocktail wotsits i thought they stopped doing them!!

Wotsits, Skips, Quavers and Doritos are my thing.

My desire for them has subsided quite a bit though and I look at calorie values as well to help me get things into perspective, especially when I exercise. Makes me think about how much I would need to do just to work them off and that steers me away these days! LOL!

Can I ask if you sliced potatoe or root veg an roasted them in frylight with a bit of salt that's now classed as tweaking?

Can I ask if you sliced potatoe or root veg an roasted them in frylight with a bit of salt that's now classed as tweaking?

Unfortunately yes as you are likely to eat more of the foods in question.

Think about it this way. If your food was boiled or served in the traditional way it is prepared, how much would you eat?
Then think about slicing the same ingredients for crisps and how much you would eat, is it more?

Generally the answer to this question is yes therefore it is classified as a tweak.

While they are not "banned" they are actively discouraged. Tweaking may work for you but generally, they have been found to harm members' weight-losses and are therefore not endorsed by Slimming World.

I'm glad I never carried my thought out lol it's changed from the good old red an green when I first joined ( many years ago).
Aldi cheese curls are nice an only 3 an half syns

Someone in group last night mentioned that spraying fry light on kale and putting it in the oven can make it nice and crispy and a wee bit like seaweed for some crunch but im not sure if this would be classed as tweaking or not?

That sounds fine, it's speed food and would make for a nice healthy snack. There's nothing wrong with snacking, it's when your tweaking a food to almost replicate something else. Another example is people roasting chickpeas as a replacement for nuts.

Do you have your consultant's mobile number or have a group Facebook page? Those might help for if you need your consultant's advice quickly :)

My crisp substitute is a couple of Ryvita dark rye (HexB) with Marmite (free). Gives me the savoury/salty hit! Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but does it for me.

oo i might give that a try ive got marmite in my cupboard and i only usually have it on toast so ill give that a try, yeah i have my consultant on fb and their mobile number as well matt9210 she is always great at helping out

I'm exactly the same with crisps! Thinking of having some now, but I have the hula hoop puff things and syns left today so it's all good.

Can I just ask what 'tweaking' is exactly? Would liking world chips be tweaking? X

there's a homemade crisps recipe using potatoes and frylight, syn free arguably as officially it's a 'tweak' but perhaps better than a crisp binge? If you google it you should find it

This is the best I think, if you don't mind tweaks. You can add whatever flavour you want and, providing you slice the potato extremely thinly, they're just as good as normal crisps.

Also, one medium sized potato makes a hell of a lot of homemade crisps, so I personally don't agree that you would overeat if you made these. Tweaks are very controversial, so that's all I'm going to say on the subject haha.

Back