Crisps...

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Yes I know, old ground, apologies... but on the recipe thread i cant see the pictures.

How much water do i need to make the crisps? All it says is add enough to make it look like this: then there is a small square with a red x in it. gah!

Please help! I need something savoury and dont want soup, want something to munch (even though my tonsils are massive and painful!)

I use 50-65 mls.

Take them out of the microwave when you can peel them off the greaseproof paper and they don't bend. :)

Mine always stick to greaseproof paper and end up ruined. Baking paper is best.

I have no idea what it is I use, it might be baking parchment upon thinking about it.

Make sure it's non-stick!

Thanks. I have baking parchment - finally found some. How long in the microwave? 800w

Mine were about 30-60 seconds.

Do just 1 or 2 as a trial run first, so you know whether to put them in longer or shorter :)

I can't remember, sorry. It's been so long since I had them. really want some now, though, lol.

They should be fine if you keep checking them.

Ok wish me luck - terrified!!! so far I have managed to mess up a muffin (dont ask, just dont ask), mousse and jelly so I dont hold out alot of hope!!!

Did you actually mess up the muffin? I only ask because they don't turn out like real muffins anyway.

Hahah.
Just make sure the paste is about the consistency of double cream before they go in, and I made mine about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick.

And when they bubble, open the microwave door once or twice for a few seconds to let them settle.

Good luck! :p

Did you actually mess up the muffin? I only ask because they don't turn out like real muffins anyway.

Seriously. Concrete in a ramekin. maybe more like dried window putty? whichever. It was inedible and was not coming out of that ramekin for love nor money!

I mix mine to a thick paste, imagine baby food! then spread about 1 teaspoon onto baking paper and cook on full for 1 1/2 mins. they start to go a little bit brown and are lovely! Good luck, wish i hadn't had ice cream for tea now!!!!

Sorry, that made me laugh. A touch overcooked then??? I had three goes at the crisps before they came out right and my muffins vary for no apparent reason.

My crisps went well the first time, but then I'm a naturally good cook (I get it from my mum! :p).

How did they go? :)

Sorry, that made me laugh. A touch overcooked then??? I had three goes at the crisps before they came out right and my muffins vary for no apparent reason.

So what is your tip for the perfect muffin? Not sure I can face the crisps after all that - I have raging tonsillitis so very sore throat!

I don't measure. I make my muffin with a pack, 2 sweeteners (crushed) and three heaped teaspoons of Psyllium Husks (definitely optional) then add enough water so it looks like a cake mix and microwave for three minues (I have a Tesco Value micro).

Wooohoooo!!!!!!! Success!!!!!!!!
crisps.jpg

Oriental Chilli Crisps...to die for!!!!!

Don't you think muffins have the texture of carpet underlay? Not that I have ever eaten underlay.

Never made crisps, do they taste nice?

One hell of alot nicer than I expected them to!!! I was a little apprehensive...

Have only tried the chilli ones so far but I will be making them again!!!

Well done Bish Bosh! :D
My vegetable crisps looked alot like that too, except I'm a perfectionist so mine were all perfectly round :p

Imlosingit:
It's all personal preference, but if you have two of a pack you don't like, then have the second as crisps.

In my first week I got two vegetable soup packs, had the first as soup and hated it, had the second as crisps - I can't say I liked them so much I'd do it again, but much much better than vegetable soup as is.

Back