Crispy Shakes

donjon

Have any of you made yours without the milk? If so how did they turn out. To me skimmed milk is just white water so if they can be made without it then that would be ideal

Last edited:
I've never used milk in any of the shakes or porrage so can't compare but I think they are fine. Mind you I do tend to only put a little bit of water in the crispy ones as not very keen on shakes! I eat it with a spoon. I think I am in no way helpful, sorry!

Thanks mini i like your idea of eating it with a spoon, gets it to last longer.

I made it with just water last time and to be honest I didn't notice the difference as I topped up the one I made with milk the time before with water anyway.

It's cheaper without milk too!

TBH, my problem with food is portion control rather than needing a complete break from food. I did post a muffin recipe a while back- I mixed the shake powder with about 3tsp of water, formed into a cookie shape and microwaved for 15-30 secs. The response was mixed, some people felt it was too 'moreish' and created cravings that having the shake itself didn't. I've since found that I prefer mixing the powder with 3-4tbs boiling water and not zapping, so it is just mush not a 'muffin' I can pick up. This works for me, something sweet and I really don't like any of the shakes as shakes except choc!

Doing it this way is the only way I can have the other flavours but be warned- seems some people don't take to it!

I've still not tried mine yet lol keep putting it off lol

Got some coming with my order tomorrow as well lol

I love the crispy shakes, its like having a bowl of cereal but would not buy skimmed milk just for the shakes so wondered what they were like without, might try just water tomorrow but not heaps so make it more like a pudding type thing

I just had a crispy choc shake made with a bit of boiling water. Yummy and warming, I just make sure I drink the amount of water I should have put in it at the same time- so my tummy contains the exact same thing! I worry about the concentration of nutrients etc. Oh it's so nice, am currently ordering 12 million more of them (that may be a slight exageration!)

I ordered quite a few of the choc crispy shakes because of the amount of ppl on here who said they were lovely lol.

I fully intend to use water to make them as am saving my milk for tea/coffee.

Has anyone tried the vanilla one? I ordered some of these also as i thought if the choc is nice surely the vanilla is hehe

Can't wait to try them have always loved the choc type shakes.

I've had the vanilla one. To be honest I didn't like the chocolate one very much with the amount of liquid they suggest - I found it far too rich and felt sick afterwards. It was ok with the same amount of water added. The vanilla didn't seem as bad as the chocolate one! Having said that - I liked the crispy bits and I don't have a sweet tooth so that's probably my problem! My dad loves them.

I like both the choc crispy and the vanilla crisp but made up with just water and a lot more than it says otherwise it's too thick (for me). I only have them at weekends usually as I'm addicted to hot coffee shakes at work on these cold mornings :)

Back