crosstrainer vs treadmill

Hi

has anyone any ideas which aerobic exercise is better for loosing fat, cross trainer or treadmill. I am going to the gym and am trying to do 30 minutes of cardio but want the best results.
thanks
j

I'm a tread mill girl, I find it easier! But they work different parts of your body-which ones, I'm not sure. I do believe tread mills are better for an overall weight loss.

Hm, that's not incredibly helpful. Sorry! Perhaps post this in the fitness & exercise thread? They might know :)

They say it takes 20 mins before you start burning fat on cardio equipment.
My personal trainer said if i use the tredmill walk on it up hill and keep an eye on your pulse. It depends what weight/age you are as to what your pulse rate should be.
You can do the same thing on a cross trainer but they work out different parts of the body.
Personally I like the cross trainer but was advised by my personal trainer at the gym the 30mins on a tredmill would be more of a benefit and achieve quicker results.

im a cross trainer lover, i find that i tend to burn calories quicker and dont give up as easily as if i was running, and simply walking bores me, but i guess its personal choice, personally i feel that my muffin top has more of a workout on the crosstrainer haha

The cross trainer is a far better all-over body workout. However, if you can manage 30 minutes on it you're better than me!

It's treadmill and versa climber ( Versaclimber ) for me I love it, it takes some getting used to and the first time I went on it I could only manage 1 minute, but it doesn't take long to build up the time and I could go all day now.

Back