Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

:D thats fantastic very well done :clap:

Almost halfway there now, Lausanne - well done! I remember what a great feeling it is to reach that stage. :)

Thanks hun, and lovely to see you in here:)

It's a great feeling and the 25lbs lost has made an incredible difference to my figure and mental wellness. Swimming every weekday is toning me up nicely and i love it despite the 5.30am start. The hour at the pool is the only time of the day that I have to clear my head and work through my thoughts and feelings. Totally invigorating.

Have been pondering my ideal weight of 122lbs/8 stone 10. It may be too low but am going to plough on until I get to 130lbs/ 9 stone 4 and will re-evaluate then. So another 20lbs at least, which realistically will take 3 months.....so here's to a New Year and a new me! and already I have plenty of reasons to be getting dressed up and photographed!

In 2012
January - Father in law's 85th birthday
July - wedding in Sweden
August - my 35th birthday
September - my baby brother is getting married
December - another wedding

On Dukan 11 weeks now so that's an average of just over 2 lbs per week and I never felt like giving up! Here's to waving goodbye to the rest of these unwanted pounds! :)Xx

I saw on the menus thread you do fish chowder, which sounds yummy! Can I have the recipe, pretty please!

Thanks for the recipe Lausanne, think it's one the whole family will enjoy. I have beginner's Scots Gaelic and three of my children are at the Gaelic School here in Glasgow and are bi-lingual - yes there are differences between Irish and Scots gaelic but I find there's also huge differences in dialect just from one village to another twenty miles away! Is it spoken much in Ireland now? My father was from Kerry and I keep meaning to come over - when my wee one is a bit older though I think!

your doing great :D

Hey lovely, those lbs are melting away! Well done on the swimming, I wish I had a bit of that dedication, could do with the toning! ;)

Thanks for the recipe Lausanne, think it's one the whole family will enjoy. I have beginner's Scots Gaelic and three of my children are at the Gaelic School here in Glasgow and are bi-lingual - yes there are differences between Irish and Scots gaelic but I find there's also huge differences in dialect just from one village to another twenty miles away! Is it spoken much in Ireland now? My father was from Kerry and I keep meaning to come over - when my wee one is a bit older though I think!

There's a fair bit spoken all along the west coast still but as a language it's facing difficulties - sense of apathy amongst a lot of non speakers sadly.

You should most definitely come to the Emerald Isle although pick a year
when Kerry wins the football......which shouldn't be too difficult given their current form!:)Xx

Hey lovely, those lbs are melting away! Well done on the swimming, I wish I had a bit of that dedication, could do with the toning! ;)

Thanks chica. The swimming is great for toning - my bingo wings and thighs are diminishing nicely. My size 12 trousers feel much looser - soon to be resigned to the "fat pile" I hope. No need to shop however I have tighter fitting size 12s, looser and tighter size 10s, and looser and tighter size 8s all in the wardrobe already! :rolleyes:

This time I'm going to dispatch clothes to the charity shop as I lose weight so I won't be able to allow the pounds to creep up without the pain of spending £££s in the shops. Hopefully knowing I would have to go buy new clothes will make me cop on before too much damage is done. :)Xx

I shirked it this morning so must go this eve. There were 5 Irish people on my Swimtrek hol! More than English as others were from US, Wales.....

Sounds like your thing. Warm sea is soooooo much easier than cold, you don't get nearly so tired.

I shirked it this morning so must go this eve. There were 5 Irish people on my Swimtrek hol! More than English as others were from US, Wales.....

Sounds like your thing. Warm sea is soooooo much easier than cold, you don't get nearly so tired.

Sounds heavenly! Must check it out - google 'swim trek' I presume?

Good day today but after two busy evenings with work events am more than a bit zonked! Must go......5.30am alarm set to get up and go to the pool. Have a fab day, amigos and think of me - have a root canal scheduled for 4pm :cry:

Sounds heavenly! Must check it out - google 'swim trek' I presume?

Good day today but after two busy evenings with work events am more than a bit zonked! Must go......5.30am alarm set to get up and go to the pool. Have a fab day, amigos and think of me - have a root canal scheduled for 4pm :cry:

SwimTrek | Swimming Adventure Holidays Is the address. They are just starting to put up next year's ones, not all there yet. See also Swim Smooth for great technical help on line.
Oh poor you re root canal it's horrid.
Huge admiration at the 530 start for going to the pool. And the regularity too. I mostly do 3 times a week until just before a trip, and don't go earlier than 6.30!

Very envious as I adore swimming and miss it (always have the kids now as DH working away), the walking I'm doing now is nothing compared to a long swim. Swim trek sounds interesting. Keep up with the hard work. x

Hope all ok there xx thinking of you!

Thanks for the shout out, lassies!

Work gone chaotic - loads of meetings & uber heavy load at the mo. Parent teacher conferences next week, so completely flat out! Mostly working 14 - 16 hr days! :cry: Won't be back posting on here properly till mid term in 2 weeks but still dukaning away. Hope all well. Be back asap! :)Xx

PS have a great mid-term, ChrisR
Hope all goes well for starting back to work, Couteaux.
Missing you, guys!

Back