Cruise phase disappointment!

Hi, I started the Dukan diet on 4/08/2011 and did five days on attack. I was so happy with my five pound weight loss. I've been on the cruise phase for five days now and my scale shows a one pound increase :sigh:. Is this normal, and will I start losing again soon? If this carries on I'm afraid I'll fall off the wagon and eat something I shouldn't.

Did you weigh after a PV day?
Did you eat salty foods the day before weigh in?
TOTM?
All these you need to factor in.
Stick with it and it will come off.
Also, on PV days are you eating 2/3 protein and 1/3 veg? Limiting dairy too? (it's only unlimited on Attack)

Thanks for the reply. I weigh every morning and I don't eat salty foods at all, only when I'm not dieting and usually have a bag of crisps every day. I must admit that I did have loads of veg!!! what does TOTM mean? Iwas wondering if it's because I work nights and have to try and limit what I eat in the day as I can't go all night without food but Dr Dukan says eat as much of the allowed foods as you like!!!

Sorry, TOTM = time of the month.
I find if I weigh myself the morning after I've eaten salmon or mackerel or after a PV day then I have a small gain. I only record my weight weekly as find it works for me and always after a PP day! :D
You can eat as much of the allowed food as you need but if hungry it is better to fill up with protein than veg as it keeps hunger at bay for longer.
It IS hard to get your head around your plate being predominately protein with a bit of veg as it goes against everything we've been told before, but it does work!
Good luck!

Thanks I'll carry on and see how it goes. Sorry for TOTM haha, I realised as soon as I sent the thread. I'm on the change which is supposed to make it harder to lose the weight. Well done on your weight loss. It's fantastic. You must be feeling so proud of yourself. Oh well, going for a walk in the woods with the dog now. Thanks

Hi welshlass and welcome, (from another welsh lass!)
I'm experiencing the same at the moment - lost 6.5lbs in attack then had a gain of nearly a pound in my first few days of cruise - as have a few others, so stick with it!

BTW you have posted in the diaries section - you may get more responses if you post in the main Dukan bit. They are a very friendly and helpful bunch!

Don't know if this will help, but here is a thread I started way back when I started Cruise...
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/218874-1st-cruise-day-pv-small-weight-gain.html

As you can see, it worried me too but it all righted itself by my weekly weigh in and I've not looked back since...! :D

If you are unsure about what you are eating, post on the Daily Menu thread and if there is anything wrong another member will soon advise you. Good luck!

Back