Total Solution Cruising along with it now

angel-missy

Hmmm - only just worked out this would be the best place to put my diary. Duh
About 2 years ago I did CD and went from 15st 5 to 12st 7 in 3 months. I've kept it off with low carb diet then decided this new year to get another 3st or so so went back on CD.
Started 6th Feb at 12st 6 and lost 15lb in 3 weeks :)
Had stopped having aspartame a year ago so started looking for a vlcd without it and discovered on here that Exante doesn't use it :D
Swapped over last week and this morning weighed in at 11st2 so another 3lb off. I prefer the Exante products as they aren't as sweet as CD. Don't like the choc shake on it's own but it's fine with coffee in. Loving the porridge and vanilla shakes and enjoy the bars though so think I'll just order a box of each of those next time which should see me through to my goal.
I do think it's essential to have a positive mental attitude to do any vlcd. I guess the main downside for me is that it can be boring but any desire to eat is quickly overcome by seeing the quick results. Having done it before helps as I know it works and I can't wait to be wearing those size 10 clothes this summer :)

Now tried the veg and thai chicken soups and they were tasty once I pimped them up with pepper, chilli and ginger etc. That's pretty good going as I really hated the CD ones. So I still like Exante better and glad I made the swap. Favourites are still vanilla shake and porridge so I will definitely be ordering more of those :)
For some reason I'm having a bit of a hungry day, happens occasionally but I do wonder if having a bar for breakfast seems to bring it on... So trying to glug extra water and will have my last shake hot as that always seems to help.

I managed to stay 100% despite feeling hungry today. I'm going back to only having bars a couple of times a week and then just at night as I really felt hungry for the first time in ages from about 2 hours after I had it :( Hope I wake up without a rumbly tumbly...

Not had any bars for a few days now and the hunger has disappeared thank goodness. Slightly disappointed on the scales at WI this morning -2.2lbs. My clothes are looser though so I'll try not to become too focused on the weight. I was very good all weekend - had a 1 hour walk to a nice pub then I had 3 waters and a cup of tea before walking home :) OH ordered Dominoes and I wasn't even fussed!
So all ready for another week on the path to a slim summer....

Hmmm - been sticking with it really well but not seeming to shift the scales much at the moment :( I'm gonna give it another week or so on the exante but may go back to CD if it doesn't pick up soon ....

Well done on keeping the weight off after your initial stint on CD. Did you find it easy and how restrictive did you have to be? Keep plugging away with Exante - sometimes those scales just don't want to budge inspite of the fact that it is impossible that you are not losing weight on such a low calorie intake! It can be really disappointing but the losses will show up eventually. I look forward to reading about your progress!

Thank you for the encouragement Lara - I'm definitely keeping at it till I get to where I want, either with Exante or CD :)
I found it easy to keep the weight off as long as I kept off the carbs :) I haven't had any calorie restriction and ate plenty of protein and fat and a good amount of low carb veg. Only fruit I had was berries a couple of times a week and a couple of apples a week. So plenty to eat - I reckon a good 2500 cals a day but only ate bread or pizza etc about once a month and potato in tiny quantities (like 1 roaster) 1 day a week. So no more carb than on Exante really. It is restrictive by a lot of people's standards but I got totally used to it and it has meant I can eat as much as I want without gaining any weight. There are a couple of good books you can read which go into the theory behind it (one by Gary Taubes is fab) and I must say it seems to have worked. Can't wait to get down to my goal and get back to it actually :)

Hmmm - I ordered a sample pack of S&S which arrived yesterday. Don't think much of the soup and the choc shake which I had for breakfast was too sweet and a bit watery for me and wasn't keen on the soup either, my dinner of cottage pie was okay though - not something I'd normally eat but edible and quite filling. But the truffa bar, yum yum yum! Quite a lot like those choc covered marzipan bars which I do like. It was small anyway but I cut it in half and had 1 bit as afternoon snack and 1 just a few minutes ago as a bedtime treat. Don't think I'd be happy just having S&S even though it's 4 products a day as Exante is much nicer and more filling but reckon I'll order some of their bars and a few of the meals just for a change now and then :)

How funny - I just ordered the Slimandsave sample pack too. I need the variety provided by occasionally supplementing Exante with various other plans.
Your low carb diet sounds fab - I will definitely check out that book when I get a bit closer to BMI 25!
When do you next weigh in?

Hi angel-missy

Sorry that I've only just found your diary! I just wanted to say that you are doing brilliantly, and it's so great to hear that you've done a vlcd before and maintained....you always hear so many horror stories don't you:p

I'm so glad you've discovered exante and are enjoying it, I've also done CD and I much prefer the exante products (with the odd slim and save product thrown in;)) not to mention the cost difference:D

I hope you have a smooth speedy journey to goal, sounds like your a pro at this so I'm sure you'll do it:D I was wondering though if the lower (but still great) losses might be down to you having less to lose than the first time you did it?

I will be keeping up with your diary for a bit of inspiration:D

Thank you both. I had a bacon and egg breakfast today then a lovely lunch cooked by my daughter, garlic chicken and broccoli, yum :) I didn't have any problem resisting dessert and had my exante shake tonight. Still in ketosis so am happy with that and hope it doesn't affect my WI too much. I weigh in tomorrow morning so that helped me stay on track...
I haven't drank enough water today so trying to get some down now in the hope it'll help with the WI. The loss has probably slowed a bit due to the fact I don't have as much to lose but my clothes are much looser which I'm very happy with.

So todays WI was 2.8 lbs down. Very happy with that as TOM due in a couple of days and I always bloat for a few days before.
Am really happy I just had meat and veg yesterday as I'm still in the zone and feel fine. Think I may start stripping the paper in the hallway today as I've had the paint in the cupboard for a couple of months now...

Fantastic loss - well done! It is so inspiring to see you so in control - able to eat a lovely meal and then get straight back on track. I certainly wouldn't trust myself at the moment - I had a exante thai chicken soup for mother's day!

Yes, you were probably wise to avoid food until you've broken the habits and that was very restrained of you:) I did the same when I first did CD and not a morsel passed my lips other than my shakes for well over a month. It is nice now to be able to have an occasional low carb meal without it upsetting the apple cart. I limit it to 1 a week though as I want the weight off asap ;)

Well today I had a dinner booked with my mum to celebrate Mother's day. She wanted to go to Jimmy Spices buffet. I wasn't looking forward to it as I would rather just stick to my shakes but I just had a bit of chicken and salad which was quite tasty. Tomorrow I have a meal out booked as well :( will be glad when all these social things are over and I can just do ts properly. Tomorrow is tapas and my son is coming too so I will be able to pick some leaves and he'll consume the rest lol, so that will be an almost 100% day.

Hi angel, how's it going? Sounds like you're making great choices, I know what you mean about liking the simplicity of just having the packs! Hope you have a nice night out xx

I managed to postpone the tapas till next week which was good as I didn't much fancy it. Feeling a bit bloated this week due to TOM so not very hopeful about weigh in but still sticking with it. Trying to get plenty of water down as that usually helps.

Well this week's weigh in STS :(
I feel very bloated so maybe that's the problem... I had the couple of meals but stuck to meat and veg so that shouldn't have been too much of a problem. I will be super strict with water this week as I didn't get as much down this week. I also discovered that Tesco own brand diet cream soda and ginger beer had sucralose instead of aspartame in so downed 10 cans over the weekend so maybe that didn't help. No calories but I've heard stuff like that stalls some people.
I'm trying to take comfort from the knowledge that my body must be burning fat with this calorie intake and I'm probably retaining water but it's still a bit demotivating to get on the scales and have a big zero loss :( Hopefully it'll catch up next week...
Anyway, must give myself a kick up the a**e and just get on with it, down the water and NO meals out this week! I will get there and don't want to take forever doing it!!!
If anyone else wants to help with keeping me on the straight and narrow I'd be grateful :D

Thanks for popping in to my diary and for your support too. It's not so much about the weight now, although I need to see the 11's but I want to be in the 14's size so bad and like you said, that feeling and dancing around the changing room will be sooo good lol

Sending motivating vibes your way :D

Here's hoping that totm played havoc with your losses this week and you will see them next week. I do believe water is the key and the more you can neck the better. Keep strong chick as you are doign amazing x

Back