Cruising for Eternity

Hot chocolate: Thanks for sharing that recipe :) I had been making my hot chocolate with milk, instead of the milk powder, I'm avoiding the cocoa powder at the moment though, since restarting; up until a couple of months ago I had been having it fairly regularly with the oatbran.

Ah: it's a spoon of milk powder PLUS the mug full of normal skimmed milk for extra 'creaminess' but leave it out if not needed! In fact as you say leave out the cocoa all together if you can. I just recon a 'diet' hot choc is better than a triple choc-chunk cookie in times of need... I must say I've only been having these hot chocs since I was well into Conso.

What cocoa powder do you use?

I had fairly regularly used Tesco Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, it was recommended on the DD facebook page and several of the many misleading DD recipe sites.
The friends I started the diet with used it too and lost all their weight no problem - for me along with the dairy it must have been one of the big contributors to the stalling.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2-egg omelette
Lunch: Chicken Drumstick, Spinach and Cauliflower Salad
Dinner: Vegetable Soup, Roast Chicken with Celeriac and Asparagus
Snack: Galette

Exercise: Half run, half walk through the local woods in the rain - just like school cross country :p

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2-egg omelette
Snack: Prawns & Salad
Dinner: Grilled Chicken and King Prawns with Stir Fry Vegetables - a little soy saice, been avoiding that for a while.
Snack: Galette with Muller Light

Exercise: Decent walk/run combined.

If I have cocoa I use the elusive Tesco reduced fat one.

That is the one I used - the big superstores tend to be the only branches that stock it.

Yesterday: PP

Breakfast: Galette
Snack: Steak Burger
Dinner: Half Roast Chicken with Broth
Snack: Prawns
Snack: Galette with Meringue

Exercise: Running

Quick question - and I am aware that my diary has gone through a patch of tumbleweed this past week, so I know that this may not garner much of a response, but I don't want to start a whole new thread for one question!

Can anyone tell me the daily recommended wheatbran maximum? Is it one tablespoon? Just wondered, haven't had any for months now.

Brownie, it's 1 tbs per day, well remembered!

Thank you for the response! I had some earlier as a kind of porridge - nasty! I like the oatbran but the wheatbran just tastes awful unless it's baked into something.

Yesterday:

Lunch: 2 Mini Chicken Fillets
Dinner: Grilled Salmon Steaks and Chicken with Broth
Snack: Grilled Turkey I had cooked and forgotten about!
Snack: Galette and Meringue

Exercise: None :mad: I worked extra, came home, ate, and somehow fell asleep at 8pm...

I weighed myself today as it's the start of two PV days, so I'd prefer a weigh in before I eat a ton of vegetables!
Officially down by another 1lb - so I guess it really is just one more pound to go!

Thanks everyone :D

Still feel nervous about the conso, I want to make sure I time it right. I am definitely wanting to get that last pound right off and keep it off before I move onto conso - and by that I mean get to the weight and make sure that I can stay at it even after a heavy PV day or when I reintroduce a regular dairy intake. I don't want to see that if I weigh myself after eating something 'regular' that I am suddenly weighing in heavier (if that makes sense!).

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2-egg Omelette
Lunch: Wheatbran Porridge :(
Dinner: Grilled Chicken with Swede, Leek, Onion and Courgette
Snack: Galette with Muller Light

Exercise: Err... walked to the shops? Plus a good yoga session.

I ended up overdoing the dairy yesterday and I feel so sluggish, I am going on to PP today.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2-Egg Omelette
Lunch: Part Cold Roast Chicken
Dinner: Grilled Salmon and Chicken with Broth
Snack: Galette with Meringue

Exercise: Fair Walk/Run, yoga.

Managed to track down some Goji berries yesterday - really nice, especially after re-hydrating them.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 Egg Omelette
Lunch: Chicken (and Prawns)
Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Turkey with broth
Snack: Goji Galette and Meringue

Exercise: Running, mini yoga session.

Note: Never buy Tesco Basic Value Prawns! I usually avoid the value range when it comes to meat and fish etc. but last week tried Sainsbury's Value prawns which were just as good as the more expensive variety. Yesterday I tried the Tesco equivalent and they were so salty they were totally inedible - avoid!

Feel way stodgy today - kind of like the human equivalent of a dumpling. Can't believe the weekend is over already :mad:

1lb to go eh !!! not bad

Pleased about the 1lb but somehow don't think it's going to be going anywhere soon!

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 Egg Omelette
Lunch: Grilled Chicken and Stewed Vegetables
Dinner: Cauliflower Soup, Slow Cooked Beef and Vegetables
Snack: Goji Galette

Exercise: Long long walk.

Had quite a bit of dairy yesterday (in the soup) so I am expecting to stall today :(

I haven't updated for a while because I've been stalling for the past week - not that anyone noticed because I'm not very popular anyway :D

I have completely cut out all dairy, for the past week as it seemed to me that it was responsible for a big stall last weekend.

Since I weighed in on Friday I have been officially at 9st and 1/2lb - or in pounds, 126.4.

I'm wondering any this last little bit won't shift. Is it possible to eat too much protein, too much meat?

As I haven't had any dairy, I've not had any yoghurts and have been missing sweet things a lot. I have been compensating by having Coke Zero more often, but not in lieu of water, a little extra oatbran, maybe a dessertspoon, and probably just eating more protein.

I am pleased the scales are actually reading 9 stone zero, but I want the last half pound to go and be gone before I move on! I wanted to join in on Mother's Day this weekend but don't feel ready to chance it yet.

Yesterday:
Snack: Chicken & Salad
Dinner: Steak Burgers, Leeks, Cauliflower and Spinach

Snack: Leftover Roast Chicken
Snack: Galette

Back