Cruising for Eternity

I've not missed you because every time I see your name I think of chocolate brownies!

Only joking!!!! :flowers:That last pound of yours is being a right old stubborn b*****r!

If I were you I would go onto conso anyway and enjoy it and your half will probably drop right off anyway.

Well TY for visiting me! I did think afterwards maybe this wasn't the best choice of name or avatar, is that why I'm all alone here now?! :eek:

Thought of trying to move on to include some more conso-type things, but it bothers me that I don't even adapt well after a heavy PV day.

I cut out the dairy because I started to think about the possibilities of being lactose intolerant but haven't braved the soya milk yet.

Even so, goal weight or not, I have finally booked a meal out with friends for a couple of weeks time.
We planned this about 9 months but have resisted and called it off due to my goal weight; however, since we first discussed it my friend is now pregnant and if we don't go now, she'll have had her baby and I will still be rattling on about my diet!

I just sulk when people I like disappear! (So if I sulk with you, you know I like ya!)

As for a pound, a kilo, or whatever, in either direction - I don't think one's stabilisable weight can be defined as precisely as one might like. Your body is perhaps telling you something... just that your eyes have to catch up with your scales and realise how you are looking.

Care to share a photo? Your BMI is low, and I know you want it to be so, but...

As for a pound, a kilo, or whatever, in either direction - I don't think one's stabilisable weight can be defined as precisely as one might like. Your body is perhaps telling you something... just that your eyes have to catch up with your scales and realise how you are looking.

Yup, you might have reached your ideal weight already from the sound of it! :)

Come onto Conso. You know you want to! ;):D

sounds like you're ready for conso to me - you will probably find that the last lb comes off when you're a week or so in anyway. go for it -and enjoy this weekend and your night out!

Ah look I had so many responses to read, ty all :D

For me, I don't really pay attention to BMI and I am not a weight-watcher either, for me, I am interested in size and how comfortable I feel. I pay attention to my weight to keep track of how well (or not) I am doing, I relate my weight just to size, which is why I set that as my goal - and as for the last 4 oz it was just bothering me that it wouldn't budge!

I don't think I would really be able to lose a signficant amount more even if I wanted to, but I think my issue is not being as in shape as I would like to be. Maybe I ought to take a picture, I have avoided the camera since last summer!

So, aside from all that, I did my weekly-weigh in today, expected the same and instead saw on the scales: 8st13lbs! So I am actually now 1lb under my goal weight!

Where should I go from here? I feel tentative about moving on, how gradual should I be?

Our planned meal is not for a couple of weeks yet, and Mother's Day is going to be a feast for everyone else but I plan to keep it very safe - but maybe I can start to introduce something else then?

Thanks again everyone :D

And yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: 2-Egg Omelette
Lunch: Grilled Chicken
Dinner: Grilled Salmon Steaks
Snack: Galette - and a first attempt at sugar-free jelly.

Last edited:
Well done BE... excellent! (Time you posted a photo methinks!!)

How about you have a look at Conso... He says to allow 5 days per pound lost (or 10 per kilo if you're a modern girl ;)), and the first half of that time to only have one starch per week and one gala meal.

Time for some more reading perhaps?

Thank you both! I am sure I would not have got there if it wasn't for the help from this forum :)

I'll have to refresh myself with the conso section.

As far as I have regarded it was basically the same as PV days but with extra additions, to the best of my memory including 2-slices wholemeal bread, tiny amount of cheese, fruit - and the starch portion and the celebration meal as well as the extra strict PP day.

I know there's more to it so I'll have to get onto re-reading!

I wonder if I could add a starch into the big meal this weekend as a start?

Thank you both! I am sure I would not have got there if it wasn't for the help from this forum :)

I'll have to refresh myself with the conso section.

As far as I have regarded it was basically the same as PV days but with extra additions, to the best of my memory including 2-slices wholemeal bread, tiny amount of cheese, fruit - and the starch portion and the celebration meal as well as the extra strict PP day.

I know there's more to it so I'll have to get onto re-reading!

I wonder if I could add a starch into the big meal this weekend as a start?

I know that it all seems very scary, moving from what feels safe into the unchartered territory of Conso, but please don't be afraid to dive right on in. You really don't need to carefully ease yourself into it. In fact, Anja, Laura and I all continued to lose weight when we went onto Conso!

For the first half of Conso, you have 1 gala meal per week (consisting of, if you wish, starter, main course, dessert and a glass of wine - or similar).

You also have 1 portion of carb per week (certain types are preferred, eg, wholemeal pasta, brown rice) and up to a recommended weight, which is specified in the book.

You need to add 1 piece of fruit per day (not on PP days) from those specified in the book. (I substitute this with the equivalent in fruit juice since I'm not a fan of fruit).

You also need to add some 100% wholemeal (no seeds) bread equalling around 40g in weight for each non-PP day. (Since I found that I was still losing weight in Conso, I upped this to 50-60g).

Another non-PP daily addition is 40g of cheese (avoiding certain types, as specified in the book).

The other good news is that 6 days of the week are now PV, with only one day of PP.

well done BE, that's fantastic news! Dukan suggests in the book that people can be tempted to stay in cruise once they reach their goal, but you shouldn't. I'd read up on the book and then dive straight in and get some carbs down you! Don't forget if you're hungrier than normal whilst out of keto then you're still allowed unrestricted amounts of the 100 allowed foods from cruise to fall back on.

Thanks again for the replies :)

I re-read the conso section of the book, for which I guess I was along the right lines. Some of it is confusing, because the recap section specifies two starches and two celebrations, but earlier in the chapter is specifies one, as previously confirmed in this thread.

I think I will add a piece of fruit to start with - I am not a big bread or cheese fan and never have been, so it seems a little unnatural to imagine adding those in as a daily item! I do have Wholemeal Tortillas, which I think are acceptable.

I may add a starch in on Sunday (although I figure goose-fat roast potatoes are still on the banned list :D)

Last edited:
Friday:

Breakfast: 2 Egg Omelette
Snack: SF Jelly
Lunch: Small Salad
Dinner: Chicken Arabbiata - haven't cooked that in ages and would definitely recommend it to anyone stuck in a meal idea rut! Noone would believe it was diet-friendly food!
Snack: Galette

Exercise: Full yoga plus running

Yesterday: First day of conso-ish.

Breakfast: Cinnamon Galette and half apple
Lunch: Not exactly, just snacking on gojis.
Dinner: Mexican Steak Chilli - jalapenos and a heap of vegetables; nearly added cheese to this but opted not to at the last second :eek: Again, would recommend this to anyone stuck for meal ideas!
Snack: Rest of Galette with the rest of the apple

Exercise: A little yoga, super long walk.

Is it OK to halve the fruit portion like that and split between the two meals? I kept to one apple, just halved it. Or does it work along the lines of carrot and beetroot - only once a day?

Good luck, BE:D.

You can have your goose fat roasties as part of your gala meal but obviously not as a carb portion!

Don't worry about the swap-over, it's just cruise with extras - you'll be fine.

PS - can't see why you shouldn't split your fruit portion - such restraint!

Re-reading the paragraph about the fruit I think it does suggest that it's just once a day. Is there a list of allowed fruits and nuts anywhere online that is more exhaustive than the book?

My only issue with adding the extras like bread and cheese is that they're not things I would usually eat anyway, so I don't have a particular desire for them.

Anyway, moving on - no menu for yesterday after all because I have again caught a nasty stomach bug, so I'm off work and can't eat and barely drink - back to the medically-recommended icecubes for another 24 hours:cry:

Back