Cruising on Dukan

For snacking on attack or PP I use prawns mixed with chopped hardboiled egg, dill quark with black pepper. I have them in the fridge, easy to put together fast as needed for desperate snack!

I just went for a 6,5km walk!
Didn't realise it was that far, but I wanted to go for a walk on the beach nearby. I just thought it was much closer!
But I'm sure that will help towards my weightloss ;)

Well, I weighed myself after 5 days of Attack, and I only lost 3lbs :(
Can't say I'm not disappointed. I know I've dieted a lot in the past, but I still expected to lose around 5.
I was contemplating continuing Attack for 2 more days, but I really miss vegetables so I'll start Cruise today regardless.

I don't really understand it though. I even gained 1lb from yesterday to today, and I didn't do anything wrong.
Maybe it's 'cause this week was my TOTM...

Try not to be too disappointed, Sparkling Fairy. A loss is still a loss.
What did you eat yesterday? I find if I eat smoked salmon then I retain a bit more water so I try to avoid it the day before weigh in.
Also, your TOTM will probably have caused you to retain water.
Stick with it! :)

Yes the evil totm can cause that. I was disappointed to only loose 2lbs but the totm had a lot to answer for! Check the amount of salt you have been having as that can cause you to retain water along with drinking enough. Well done on the loss though.

I didn't lose a lot in Attack either, I think most of the loss at that point is water rather than fat, and it depends on your body how much it's been storing and how much it releases. But attack sets you up for the fat loss as well, with ketosis and reduced cravings, so it's good work even if the loss is not stunning. Some people just have a slight delay, too, and lose more during the following week.
Make sure you really stick to it well, don't use tolerated foods if you are concerned.

Thanks for the comments all!
Have to say, it was lovely adding in vegetables yesterday. I'm such a boring eater though, I need to look up more recipes.
Went to an hour Pilates class yesterday. Always wanted to try that. My muscles hurt like mad today. But I guess that's a good thing ;)
I should get in some cardio to help shed those pounds, but urgh I am so not a cardio buff!
I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30-day shred DVD a couple of times a week and that has some cardio included.
I'm actually enjoying exercise :O Huh, who thought that would ever happen!

Going out tonight. I think this is the first time I can't complain about living so far away from town that I can't drink. At least I don't have to tell people why I can't drink

Well, it all went to pot yesterday :(
I went out with some friends and I decided to allow myself something, so I asked for a non alcoholic beer. I know I'm not supposed to have it, but I thought: oh just this one.
It wasn't until I downed the entire pint, that I noticed it wasn't non alcoholic!
And I'm a lousy drunk anyway, but because of this diet I just got wasted!
I got home, and pretty much just passed out on my bed.

So today, I feel incredibly hungover and just starving all the time!
So at lunch today, I couldn't resist and I had chicken curry with rice :(
The problem is, that at work we get free lunch. And on my PV days, I just go straight for the salad bar and just have salad with tuna.
And on my PP days I eat at my desk, the stuff I brought in myself.
But today I couldn't stop myself. I was just starving :cry::cry:

Better luck tomorrow!

Get plenty of water, some Resolve or Alka Seltzer if you are still hanging like a bat, and have a PP day tomorrow. Chalk this one up to a bad experience and put yourself right. Expect to have retained or gained a little bit, don't lose heart though, you will start to lose weight as soon as your liver recovers and you are back on plan.
And, stop drinking on Dukan :flirt2:

Yeah, I'm gonna try to be good for the rest of the day and maybe even go to the gym tonight, depending on how the hangover develops.
I definitely won't drink on Dukan again! I'm not much of a drinker anyway. Which is probably why it hit me so hard

Back