Crunchy Dukan Biscuits

sorry i have no idea as i don't know the daily bran allowance for conso (not read that far in the book yet)
I' only on my 2nd week of cruise. I've said the recipe is 2 days worth of biscuits as there's 4tbsp of bran (2 days allowance on cruise)

maybe one of the experts can advise?

sorry i have no idea as i don't know the daily bran allowance for conso (not read that far in the book yet)
I' only on my 2nd week of cruise. I've said the recipe is 2 days worth of biscuits as there's 4tbsp of bran (2 days allowance on cruise)

maybe one of the experts can advise?

That's ok, I will have a look in the book (sometimes he has info here there and everywhere).

How much Splenda was it though, you didn't say, was it teaspoons or tablespoons?

Am I right in thinking it is teaspoons that you used?

Ta.

Sorry, it's tablespoons.

I've amended the earlier posts to correct my omission.

I've noticed that when you cook them longer (crunchy version) they tend to lose their sweetness and the flavouring doesn't come thru well, so my next batch will be at least 4 tbsp of splenda and a couple more drops of flavouring.

Sorry, it's tablespoons.

I've amended the earlier posts to correct my omission.

I've noticed that when you cook them longer (crunchy version) they tend to lose their sweetness and the flavouring doesn't come thru well, so my next batch will be at least 4 tbsp of splenda and a couple more drops of flavouring.

Thanks Curvy! :D

I am going to make some of these later.

So that will be crunchy biscuits on the go, I think I will make some muffins, I have some yogurt on the go in the slow cooker and I will have to make some more jelly.

That is me sorted for this morning!

:D

my, you are a busy little bee....:chores016:

my, you are a busy little bee....:chores016:

Well I was, but not with cooking.

I ended up making two lots of yogurt, the jelly but ate all of my yogurt and realised I had no eggs left, doh!

I was determined not to go shopping today as I will be doing the school run tomorrow so will get some eggs etc then.

Can't wait to try the Dukan biscuits.

;)

UPDATE - crunchy Dukan Biscuits

I've found an easier way to shape the biscuits instead of rolling them in your hand into balls and pressing them down with a wet spoon.

Instead, put down a round biscuit cutter on your greaseproof /parchment paper, place a tablespoon of the biscuit mixture inside the cutter and use a spoon to pack down so that the biscuit stick together.

so much easier than how i did it before and the biscuits are all uniformly sized too...

Just to let you know I make these practically every other morning! they are my only way I enjoy eating my oatbran and everyone else who has tasted these in my family thought they were lovely :) thanks for the crunchy biscuit recipe, I dont know what I would do without it! :)

Pearl

Another tip for shaping (though I use it for my oatbran 'crispbread') - spread all of it thinly & evenly on your baking paper (this can take some time), bake for 10-15 mins, cut into even squares with a pizza cutter, bake some more till ready (the crispbread gets 1hr at low temp, you may have to adapt timings for your recipe...)

so glad u like them x

Am now waiting for the dukan sugar free cocoa to arrive in the post so i can use it with hazelnut essence to make a nutella flavoured biscuit! ((drool))

Mornin' Ladies,

I made a batch of these last night using the Dukan Oatbran....

Bloody hell it were hard work! The mixture wouldn't mix very well and I ended up using 2 tbsps of yogurt instead of the normal 3/4 and i still struggled to stop them falling apart.

I used the Dukan apple crumble essence in them with some cinnamon. Had 2 of them this morning..

Was well worth the effort though as they were yumptious:)

I'm definitely going to be trying these out this weekend - thanks ladies!!

I've started making two gallettes out of the daily mixture, so that it seems as if I'm having 2 rather than just one, so could have one of these a day, plus one cookie...might work to convince me that I'm getting a treat!

Got a batch of these in the oven and it smells ace here. Never made them before but can't wait for them to be ready!!:)

Back