CuddlePaws - Just you wait and see!

CuddlePaws

I began my 'healthy' eating vow on 1st January and I made a promise this time that I would do my very best to be good to my body and try to make sensible decisions about food every time I am hungry.

I have alot of weight to lose, and while I'm not great at keeping diaries of any sort, if I start one here then perhaps it will force me to be honest with myself, whenever I feel my emotions directing me to the fridge. Hopefully I will come here instead, and battle it out on a worldwide virtual stadium.

I have lost alot of weight in the past and I know that I can do it again. I want to do it not just for myself but for my little angel who is going to be a year old in four weeks time. I will be taking him to the beach this summer (I live in Spain) and I don't want to hide away from the world. I want to run freely with him on the sand without my subconscious worrying about bulges and unsightly bits falling out of my costume.

The image I have is of me and him playing together at the ocean's shore, my body lean and healthy, my little boy smiling and running alongside me. I don't want to pretend to be happy, I want to feel it, inside and out. Please god let this be so.

Today I did very well indeed. I ate sensibly. I am happy and content. As long as I come here and battle out my thoughts whenever I feel life (or my emotions) begin to slip out of my control.

Good luck :)

GOOD LUCK. i LOVE THE TITLE OF YOUR DIARY. X

Thank you ladies :)

Just as I was going to make a step towards eating out less, I end up going to a restaurant for lunch. Not only was that temptation enough, but we were led to the table right next to the desserts on display. Now THAT's what I call 'dangling the carrot'!!

I smuggly sat there and imagined all those rich chocolate and sponge treats piled up into tiny little furballs inside my thighs and stomach. The death by chocolate actually laughed at me said 'Can I join my cousin in your backside?'

I won't say I was tempted. I'd leave that for those who don't have a sweet tooth. But I did look at myself from the outside and said 'you made that promise, don't mess it up'..

Remember the beach..feel the sun on your tanned flat tummy...

That was enough to stop my salivary glands from bursting open anyway. So I decided that I would enjoy a roast beef lunch and that is because I want to make this a lifestyle choice, and I want a roast on sunday included in my lifestyle! It'll be a light tea then,scrambled and toast, or cereal perhaps. My ideal dieting brain says so. The demon in me would prefer to pig out, but I'm trying to let that demon starve and die. It's my choice, and it always will be.

And I believe I did good today.

Day 5

I barely believe it but I am still on a roll. I was so tired this morning, mostly due to my 11 month old little boy waking up at intervals during the night (a problem my husband and I have been trying to sort out for ages). This morning he was tetching since 5 am and all the fussing to get him to go back to sleep kept us awake until it was time to be up anyway! :grumble:

Anyhow I managed to pull out a Pilates DVD and after not having exercised properly in nearly 2 years I didn't expect I would be able to do much more than sit on the floor and get up again! My tummy used to be quite flat but after this pregnancy I can really feel that resistance when I try to bend over my legs lol. Feels like I have a rubber band around my waist (well I do sort of don't I!) :(

I managed half an hour which was 15 minute warm up, then I used a couple of tins of beans for a some of the training exercises. I couldn't cope with the dancey section, but thats mostly because my living room is quite small and I just kept bouncing off the furniture grrr. I wish these vids would just let you stand in one spot instead of flying about the place as if we were in a stadium! At one point I nearly became the friggin fairy on the christmas tree!!

Anyway, I'll try and keep at it or find one that doesn't make me walk forward walk back rubbish.

I believe I've also done well with myfood choices.

Breakfast - Cheerios + milk, coffee

Snack: Ham Toastie with low fat butter

Lunch: Tuna mayo baked potato + salad, small glass orange juice

Snack: 1 banana, 1 satsuma

Dinner: Cabbage, baked fish, new potatoes
1 vitality yoghurt

Roll on Day 6 and make sure you are just as good as today!!

Last edited:
Well done, doing great. Those positive beach images you describe are brilliant, perfect for focusing when the going gets tough.

Thank you again ladies! :D

So here is my intake today!

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast, 2 scrambled eggs

Lunch: 1 corn on the cob!
1 shape yoghurt

Snack: 1 sarnie with light cheddar, cup of tea

Dinner: Spag bol with sprinkle of parmesan
1 pkt no sugar angel delight

--------------------------------------------------

I would have had fruit today only my son ate the last banana and the clementines weren't looking appealing. So its off to morrisons tomorrow to stock up. I've been OK today, struggled a little somewhere between 3 and 5. I think that's when I get prowly around the kitchen. Usually I'm out and about, but today I had to stay in and get some work done whilst mum was minding the little one!

I figure that as long as I remain in control and don't get into binge mode, and keep away from the sweet stuff I'll be on the straight and narrow.

I felt alot less 'heavy' today, if anyone knows what I mean, after that bit of exercise yesterday evening. However my legs and neck were a bit stiff and I feel more tired than usual (thanks to my little angel for keeping me awake as much as possible in the night). A bit more sleep and I'd be less likely to want to binge on chocolate/cake for energy.

I've decided that If i ever HAVE to binge it will be on Five bananas instead of a packet of biscuits. At least I will be eating something healthy if I have to fill myself up. Then I can return to my sanity lol

Well Go Go Go tomorrow- Day 7!! OMG I've done it for a week and I've hardly felt too bad about it! A lot is due to you lovely ladies on here who help me feel less anxious about food, and help spur me on! Big hugs and thanks to you all!!!!

Day 7 - The end of Week 1

I survived without binging, and even better, I didn't even think much about fatty food. So tomorrow I have to weigh myself as we all know that 'ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free' or 'break the scales,' one or the other!

I'm attempting to do at least 1/2 hour of stretching/toning or Pilates tonight but first have to get the little one to bed and also hope my headache eases off! Think I have a bit of head flu, blocked sinus, yes that kind of yucky feeling!

Well bring it tomorrow! I shall post here first thing to either celebrate with joy, or ask you all to have a 'go' at me if the opposite occurs!

PS: That Paul McKenna 'tapping your pulse points' business sounds like it might work. If I remember to do it when I'm having cravings I will give it ago! At the very least, whilst I'm working out the sequence in my head, I might forget what it was I was craving :D

oops almost forgot my intake bit:

Here goes:

Breakfast: 2 slices toast with low fat butter
1 tsp marmalade

Lunch: 1 microwave meal frozen fish pie (342 cals)
1 probiotic yoghurt

Dinner: Home-made tuna pasta
1 satsuma

Sounding good! Look forward to your result in the morning.

love

Ok its officially 4 lbs I've lost this week!!!! o :bliss:

The scales actually wavered a bit between 4-5lb so its probably 4.5 or something but anyway it's a success for me!

I went early to bed last night thinking I could do with the extra rest, then I couldn't sleep at all and had to get up again, have a cuppa and a slice of toast as my stomach growled horribly. No way am I going to ignore that so I probably didn't eat as much as I should have today! (I didn't have my two snacks!) Anyway that made me feel alot better and finally got to sleep around 11pm!
So its a good day today, despite it pi$$ing down with rain outside! :grumble:

hi well done on the loss great idea thinking about being on a beach, i might try that.

Day 8 of my journey into slimdom! Felt pretty ill yesterday so I didn't check in to post last night. One of those nasty flu viruses got a hold of me and my sinuses were blocked up. Still managed to behave and NOT use it as an excuse to eat, which is a major improvement to my behaviour. Any time I feel sorry for myself, I eat. I'm just done with all that false comfort. So here's myintake for yesterday!

Bkfast: 2 toasts, tea

11..30 bowl of cheerios

Lunch: 1 oven cooked cauliflower cheese grill (low fat)
2 tbsps of baked beans
1 small jacket potato

6pm 1 petit suisse

Dinner: 1 tray chicken noodles (low fat)
1 crab and sweetcorn soup
chinese vegetables
1 low fat yoghurt

Normally I would stuff myself with spring rolls, and lots of battered stuff with fried rice at the chinese, but I decided to be disciplined and in control no matter what else was going on with me emotionally.

I think the key is getting past the emotions without filling your mouth. I would have liked to have done a bit more exercise but I'm finding it hard coping with bad nights with my baby,weary from running around after him all day, he is still breastfeeding for comfort which is fine by me, but it also makes me tired! I'll work it out somehow!

Got two new vids to try out though:
Pilates for mums! = Gotta be easier for a heffalump who crashes to the floor!

Bellydancing for beginners = Yeah baby! Secret fantasy coming alive or what? lmao!

Reality check! More like belly 'wobbling' than 'dancing' at this stage but there's no mirrors in sight, so I'll indulge in it and imagine I'm Britney spears. :D

Day 9 (Friday) wasn't a great day in terms of health. Suffering with some flu thing which puts a damper on just about everything. Managing to keep the diet together, just can't shake thoughts of the summer now, and I've been down to look at the fabulous swimming pool complex where I will be going everyday. It's called Oc ean Village.

It's so gorgeous I'm going to find a pic of the pool in a moment and upload it if I can! It might inspire others! I sure don't want to spoil the scenery though so my image of relaxing in a sexy one piece (not brave enough for a bikini lol) is still ripe in my mind.

Today is Saturday and I can't BELIEVE i've been eating so well for ten days and not really felt as deprived as I thought I would. I really love my sunday roast and I never think twice about it. It's my one treat that keeps me feeling like I can stick out the entire week!

So far today I've had:

Brek: 2 toasts
1 skinny cow hot choc

Lunch: 1 low fat tuna mayo wholemeal sarnie
1 tin of tomato soup
1 low fat yoghurt

Snack: 1 banana

Dinner looks like a beef casserole with plenty of veg! Yummy! Looking forward to my weigh-in next thursday already!

Thanks Stuart :D It is nice isn't it! My folks live there and they don't use the pool so I've decided to go! The brown buildings are all newly built restaurants, Pizza, KFC etc...aghhh will have to ignore them!!!

Day 11!

Felt the pinch today. First time this year. Had a 'moment' when I thought I was going to jack it all in, but then something deep inside pulled me back and I just ended up feeling relieved.

Here's my intake today. I hope it wasn't OTT??

Breakfast: 2 toasts, 1 slice ham, tea

Lunch: 1 ready pasta meal (not low fat :( but was 555 cals).

Snack: 1 clementine
1 special K bar

Dinner:1 ww bolognese bake
1 ham sandwich (would have had veg but none in fridge today)
1 low fat muller rice

I usually have more veg but need to go shopping tomorrow!
I think i did alright all things considered? Did a half hour walk and about 20 min dancercise DVD before the little one woke up!! Roll on Thursday for my weighin!

Day 14 - 2 week marker!

Ok,missed a couple of days due to being busy. Still on track though! Today I had:

Breakfast: 2 toasts + cheddar
1 skinny cow

10 am: 1 bowl fruit & fibre

Lunch: 1 wholemeal prawn/salad sandwich
1 vitality yoghurt

3pm: 1 packet of Ryvita Limbo Lites (63 cals)

Dinner: 1 eat smart chicken kiev
low fat oven chips (about 8)
1/3 plate of macaroni cheese
1 muller rice (low fat)

Rounds off at about 1500, which is exactly where I want to be at this stage. Once weight reaches a plateau, will drop 100 cals a day. This will ensure weight always decreases. I did this a few years ago and each time my weight stabilised I dropped 100 cals to find that it got moving again, without having to go dangerously low.

I also want to add here how fantastic I am feeling physically after 2 weeks of eating well. My skin glows and I am fast at walking, without being out of breath. If I was still a smoker I am sure I would find that difficult, but i quit 2 years ago and never looked back since!

Roll on tomorrow and good luck to myself! :)

Back