CuddlePaws - Just you wait and see!

Month 2 - Day 5

Feel a little disappointed today. Up by 1lb even though I was very sensible at my son's birthday party yesterday. In total I had 1 sandwich, 1 sensible slice of birthday cake, 1 chicken nugget and 1 tiny quiche. I stuck to drinking diet coke and for tea I had a boiled egg and toast. So I really thought if anything I hadn't overdone it at all! I don't always expect the scales to go down so I suppose its just one of those things! I will continue as normal, I'm not going to let it get to me. I'm feeling more positive now than earlier today anyway!

not to worry this will happen, keep on staying positive and you will see results.
I have blips quite often and sometimes I do gain the weight other times I don't, but it comes off quick if i do gain a few pounds.

Thank you ladies, you've all been so very encouraging :)

So I'm checking in here at the front desk again to log my progress.

Month 2 - Day 8

Have not really made much progress this week at all, due to a few things. Stress being one of them! I certainly haven't over-eaten, but I haven't been paying as much attention! For a start I've been having a few niggly pains in my chest for a few days, so I went to see the doc yesterday. She put it down to exercise (cos I have been a bit over-enthusiastic on the Wii Fit!). But she decided to do an ECG scan to rule out any heart probs, (I don't, and neither have my family ever had heart probs so I just hung about expecting to go home). Then she returns to say there was something 'abnormal' in the scan. :eek:

I get sent down to A&E (walking!) for a repeat scan and have to wait 3 hours!!!! to be seen. I am alone, as DH and my baby are at home. So I'm pacing the corridor for 3 hours, sweating, praying to God I'm ok. Just literally thinking I'm going to die very soon if they don't deal with me! (3 hours of doing nothing after being told THAT can play havoc with your nerves!) Anyway, I'm worked up into a state by the time the doc repeats the scan and anxious as hell,and she asks me 'Oh my gosh why are you so anxious???' Well duh!!

Anyway, she confirms my heart is OK :sigh:and my pain is all stress related plus I seem to have pulled a muscle in my shoulder. She also tells me I should stop BFeeding as she thinks its not helping my pains. Esp as he's nipping a bit now that he's got teeth!! (Well I'm not surprised I was stressed out!)

Well as expected, I return home and instead of pulling the duvet over my head, I have to cope with a crying baby trying to pull my top up all day. :cry:I felt so sorry for him, its awful! Thought I really was going to have a cardiac arrest by the end of it. So hubby had distract the little one from me all day.

So I am stressed out! And as for my diet, I had a packet of crisps at the hospital yesterday from the machine because I was starving by the time they got round to me. (Even in my worst state of mind I had no desire to pick a chocolate from the machine!) A small slice of steak pie and oven chips and peas when I got home, and some spag bol later in the evening. No exercise until I feel a bit better as now that I have stopped BFeeding I'm lumpy and sore as hell just to boot!! :cry:

OK I know that it's all going to be fine, I just need to ride out these problems and I'll be back on track with the exercise and everything else! When you're sick though it really makes it awkward to feel any desire for anything!

Last edited:
You poor thing, sounds horrible :(

I have a four month baby so appreciate how busy life gets. Although I bottle fed, I am in awe of people who manage to breast feed at all!

Hope things settle down for you.

H x

Poor CP - what a stressful time you have had. I hope you are ready to give up the breast feeding; it's your decision and that doctor shouldn't really push you. 4 months is still quite little and you probably will both miss it. Just a thought. If you are happy with the decision then great, just wondered, thats all.

Love

Thanks girls, I think I'm going to wean off slowly. Going 'cold turkey' is just too upsetting for both of us.

I went for a walk earlier and felt very sluggish and awful, definitely feel the difference for not having exercised in 5 days!!!

Month 2 - Day 11

Had so much going on this week that I haven't been getting online here, I do feel that I am missing out on the support and the giving of it too, so I really hope to play catch up soon.

Well, I am anticipating my weigh in tomorrow. Last week I gained a lb and even though I didn't expect it at all, as I hadn't slipped up in the slightest, It was my first realisation that I am not going to lose dozens all the time! I hope though that tomorrow will give me a positive result. Again, I have kept track of my eating all week, and now I actually think I would find it desperately hard to binge and mess up. I don't think my brain could actually cope with the consquences of that so I am feeling so in the zone all the time!

So I am just about to do a 1/2 hour wii fit workout and then I shall relax with a cuppa and fingers crossed for tomorrow!! :)

Wow CP, that is fantastic! Well done! I see from your ticker thats a stone and a half gone forever! You rock!

Love

I love reading the diaries, you get a real sense of not being the only one and there is always help and advice just waiting here for you.

I know how you feel CP. I was made to stop breast feeding by my GP when I got and infection in my CS scar.....they forgot to stich it up all the way! My GP said I would not be able to breast feed while on the strong antibiotics. We both went cold turkey and it broke my heart. My son is two and a half now, but I can still remember the gap that was left when we had to stop feeding.

So if you have to stop feeding do it nice and slowly and your own pace and make sure you are both happy and not pressured.

Barb - Yes! 1.5 stone! I hadn't quite looked at it in that way! I definately feel a lot lighter and don't want that stone back again! Thanks as always for your encouragement! xx

Lind = It's so nice when someone comes along and understands what you're experiencing. Sorry to hear that you suffered going 'cold turkey'. I lasted two days and caved in for my sanity! The only reason the doc told me to stop is because he thinks I will be less stressed without it. Actually thats not true, the stress of going cold turkey is immense. My little one's cries are heartbreaking to me, therefore I won't quit on some silly doctor's whim. They have no interest or understanding of the deep emotional/development side of Bfeeding! I have been keeping my little one distracted with toys for 50% of the time now, and breastfeeding him after his bath; making it a 'special' time in an attempt to try to get into more of a routine, rather than him jumping up at my chest all day on a whim. For now it is working, so i'll see how that continues.

Hey Cuddle Paws - You're right the cries are the worst thing, well apart from being engorged!! :cry: It's nice your still doing it after bath time. It's good to still have that speacial quiet time before bed. Now my son is 2 and a half and we still have our quiet cuddle time before bed.

And well done on the weight loss too, I am not weighing myself for 4 weeks because I got too obsessed with them!:sigh:

wow linds, I don't think I could stay off the scales for 4 weeks, but the damn things can become obsessive. For years I said I would never touch scales as I always thought they were evil things designed to make us feel obsessed and guilty about our bodies. But that sentiment only caused the greatest shock when I realised just how much I actually weighed (easily over 3 stone more than I predicted myself to be!!) Had I realised how heavy I was in weight I would probably have taken action much sooner.

Anyway, today I did another 40 mins of Wii Fit. I am so into this exercise craze that I actually feel deep disappointment if I can't get around to doing it!! Never in my life have I felt that about any exercise. I remember how I used to curse Jane Fonda bitterly from an upside-down position on the carpet. Although I'm not too cushy with the 'daily body test', which includes a weigh in, and I always fluctuate by 1-2 lbs every evening. Very disconcerting lol!

Well I'm actually going to mark my progress now as others have been doing. As seeing those figures (plus how much better I am feeling) make it all really worthwhile!

the scales were starting to run my life. I have just been randomly weighing myself and then getting fustrated when I can't see any weight coming off.

I know the reality is that your weight does fluctuate and you should always weigh yourself and the same time of day.

But I was getting to a point of thinking I just couldn't do it anymore.

To be honest since the scales have been put away I have been so good. I have eaten all the right things and exercised more than usual.

Time will tell in 4 weeks whether or not it was a good idea. :sigh:

In that case, I think you did the right thing Lind. If the numbers on the scales were becoming too significant to you, then you most definitely don't need that pressure. I think anyone who weighs themselves more than once a day is probably obsessed with it, and it will do nothing but make you fret. Who needs it? You sound much more relaxed with out them, so go for it!!

In my case I went the other way and didn't bother with scales for a couple of years! But I fully intend not to pay attention to any of my Wii fit weight every night. I am keeping track of the real deal once a week only and logging that! I tend to fluctuate by 1 to 2 lbs a day anyway and also cos of the breastfeeding, so I just pay no attention to the nightly readings on the wii machine, as I know that I have done my best with my diet and there is nothing else can be done about other bodily fluids getting in the way of things lol.

I never bothered with the scales either for years. For about three years I thought I weighed about 11 and a half stone.

When I fell pregnant and I went for my vooking in appointment I was so shocked I just laughed out loud.

I wasn't 11 stone anything I was 15 stone 5 pound. My midwife said I wasn't allowed to put any weight on.

So I managed to put on two stone got gestational diabetes and had so much problems with my pelvis that i had to be signed off work.

it only took me another two years to get it into my head to do something about it.:cry:

Still...onwards and upwards. :D

Well Linds, I think its brilliant you're here and you're addressing the issue, and really wanting to be fit and healthy! I know that pregnancy can play havoc with things, when I got pregnant I told the midwife never to tell me my weight or I would punch her lights out! Ha Ha!! Talk about complete denial!! Its little wonder that I am paying for it now, and if not this year, it would have been the next! BTW did you suffer from that SPD pelvic problem because that's what I had from about 20 weeks on, and it was excruciating...so glad that little episode is over !

Still, here we are and I have every faith we can do it together!

Back