Cuppa Soup

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Vickie_L, 6 October 2008.

1. Vickie_L

Vickie_L Well-Known Member

After having a bad few weeks and being off for a while when i was on holiday, and struggling to get back on it when i got back and having a few hiccups here and there, I sat down and thought about what was actually making me struggle when I have found it so easy in the past. And I realised it's the constant being cold. I don't like the soup and I don't drink tea or coffee so I'm never having anything hot. That added to the general ketosis feeling was really getting me down. I wasn't sure that I could even make it through the winter.

A few days ago whilst dragging myself around the supermarket to buy yet more food for my husband and daughter, some cuppa soups caught my eye. I bought a box purely to compare the calorie/carb levels. After comparing them calories, carbs, sodium, fat content, everything is ALL lower than a shake. Would it be so wrong for me to have 2 shakes during the day and a cuppa soup at night time?

I am going to try this next week, starting from Wednesday and do it for a full week and see what my weight loss is. If I still have a decent weight loss, and the pick me up i will get from having something warm is enough to get me through the winter then so be it!!

What do you all think??
  2. pineapple

pineapple Well-Known Member

Hiya Vicki,

I used to use them and although we were not meant too, I was always in ketosis and always lost as well!

You'll get loads a people telling you not to do it, but I think everyone is dif and you should do what is right for you. Best of luck
  3. Vickie_L

thanks hun, i think that i will give the week a go and see what happens. if i don't lose much then i least i will know xx
  4. Monkeymoo

Monkeymoo Well-Known Member

I think you should give it a go and see how you get on, I don't think it'll do you any harm to try and it's better than giving up all together, good luck with it xx
  5. Vickie_L

You're right. I'll let u all know how it goes!
  6. TheMilkTrayMan

TheMilkTrayMan Well-Known Member

My business partner uses Cupa soup as the cornerstone of his diet, and has lost a fair few stone in weight. It's whatever works for you!!
  7. Linz67

Linz67 Well-Known Member

Can you let me know , what kind of cuppa soup , brand etc. I am interested in this.
    I don;t really like black coffee so have been allowing myself 1 coffee with a splash of skimmed milk per day. I am still in ketosis and have lost 19lbs in 3 weeks. I have got about half stone to loose. I hate the lipo soup, i heaved the first time i tried it.

I would be interested to know which ones i can "get away" with.

thanks, Linz
  8. Magsyb

Magsyb Member

Ooooooh good luck - I'd love to know how you get on the thought of something different sounds ace!
  9. MorbidBubblewrap

MorbidBubblewrap Is thinking positive!

Oh this post is interesting, I love cuppa soups :p I will keep an eye of for you're post next week to see how you get on, Hope it goes well...:):)
  10. Vickie_L

i'm hoping so too hun because it will really make a big difference through the winter months. i will keep you all updated when i know how it goes. i'll be your guinea pig! LOL xxx
  11. MorbidBubblewrap

If it works for you I may get myself down to asda and get me a huge trolley and fill the whole damn thing up with boxes of Cuppa soups :p Do the cuppa soups have all the nutrients and goodness the shakes provide?? That's my concern...:confused::)
  12. Vickie_L

they don't have all the vitamins and minerals in so thats why i will be having 2 shakes and one cuppa soup at night xx
  13. MorbidBubblewrap

AAHHH I get you now...That is OK then, I am sure you will be fine...I wanna cuppa soup now :p what flavors you got missy?? :D
  14. tara66

tara66 Well-Known Member

15. Vickie_L

i've got vegetable and tomato.

i really couldn't try the effort that LT call chicken soup - its just wrong!
  16. MorbidBubblewrap

I have just got 21 chocolate shakes for this week, I hate the Chicken, Vanilla and at the moment gone off the strawberry shakes, So what I do and it is not that bad actually is I add hot water to my chocolate shake, Its kinda nice :D But the LP soup is Vile :(
  17. Angie44

Angie44 Well-Known Member

Vicki I reckon whatever works for you go for it perhaps even on alternate days to make sure you get your vits and things x
  18. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

hi vic, have you thought about cd? Their soups taste like soup! And on the 810 plan you can have a meal too and still lose about 10lb per month. Worth a try?
  19. kitten kat

kitten kat Well-Known Member

only one way to find out go for it...and see how you go...look forward to seeing whether it makes a differnce next it a 'no carbs cuppa soup'?:confused:
  20. missy3

missy3 starving!

I went shopping for cupa soups just incase.. oh wouldnt it be great! the slim a soups seem to be better carb wise.. not that i know anything, but i just copared the both.