Cups Anyone ?

Mumma K

Gold Member
:D Okay I have a bit of a dilema
with all this cup of this 1/2 a cup of that etc
has anyone adapted a way to convert this into uk measures ?
Please.

tbh just went to tescos and for 3 quid in the cooking utensil section they sell metal size cups all joined togeter so you get 1/4 1/3 /1/2 and 1 cup for the cash

It very difficult to convert cups to metic as cups measure volume and we weigh in weight; half a cup of sugar is not the same weight as half a cup of flour.

Conversion Table for Cooking

I did the same as fishman and use my cups to measure:)

The US cup measure is quite large, I always used a standard UK coffee mug Kally.

I grew up in Canada with cups/tbsp/whatnot, and I find it terribly hard to convert to cooking by weight! Cups seems so much easier (sorry!)

Jim's idea to use a big coffee mug is perfect (and cheap!)

Our local poundland do the measuring cups and spoons all together and I find them really simple to use. Faffed about measuring weights before I got them then got fed up. :D

In case you're wondering my cups are DD's!

lmao!!! I wish mine were that big, hell even a D cup would suit me.

Hey, maybe we should all club together and donate money to buy me bigger cups?! hahaha!!!x

hehe Claire!

I must admit, since doing Atkins mine have shrunk a bit. I should go and get measured:)

wont even say anything just make my way to the naughty step with a sly grin on my face

Got my cups today in a big Tesco £3.50. So excited, just need something to fill them with now. Food wise that is before you lot start!! Don't you dare move from that bench ;)

Back