Current 1000'ers

Jennifer89

Anyone currently on/about to start 1000?

Im due to b starting next week and as theyre doesnt seem to be many people on it, we could stick together here. Support,tips, reipes?
Anyone????

I'm on 1000! So glad to see someone who else is too!! How are you getting on?

Ooh sorry just read that you haven't started yet! I'll be here if you want any recipe tips or anything like that :)

waffles said:
I'm on 1000! So glad to see someone who else is too!! How are you getting on?

Woohoo someone is! I'll prob b starting wednesday i think! Currently on 810.
Hpw are u doing on it not being in ketosis? Scared of comjng out and being hungry! Bit so lookong forward to mince! And tomatoes! Mmmm bolognaise! Haha.
What kinda things do u eat per day? X

Well I've started on 1000 because I just want to slowly lose about 16lb and I often eat out so I have no idea what ketosis is like.

The food is great, breakfast is usually a shake and real porridge, a boiled egg and slice of toast or a fry up! Yes a fry up :D

Lunch is quite boring though just a bowl of green salad - lettuce with some cucumber or radishes with a shake of course :p

Dinner is great. I'd recommend the meals in minutes book, there's a lot of great recipes. I usually have some sort of rice dish or pasta and fruit for dessert.

The first couple of days I was hungry but now I find that sometimes I'm even too full to finish 40g of pasta.

My first week I lost 4lbs and 2 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips. I have my second weigh in today

waffles said:
Well I've started on 1000 because I just want to slowly lose about 16lb and I often eat out so I have no idea what ketosis is like.

The food is great, breakfast is usually a shake and real porridge, a boiled egg and slice of toast or a fry up! Yes a fry up :D

Lunch is quite boring though just a bowl of green salad - lettuce with some cucumber or radishes with a shake of course :p

Dinner is great. I'd recommend the meals in minutes book, there's a lot of great recipes. I usually have some sort of rice dish or pasta and fruit for dessert.

The first couple of days I was hungry but now I find that sometimes I'm even too full to finish 40g of pasta.

My first week I lost 4lbs and 2 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips. I have my second weigh in today

Well, well done u!
Yes i hav that book already! :) breakfast and dinner im ok with. Its daytime snacking if im not in keto! :/ how much fruit a day do u have?! This weighing fruit/veg is odd lol. Also i hav yog not milk so i guess i can snack on that too :)
Might also get some of the "frylight" spry thats salad dressings to make lunch a little more interesting! :/ x

How've you been getting on on 810?

I usually snack on a yog throughout the day as I'm not big on milk (don't often drink tea ...). If I'm not so hungry at breakfast I'll have my breakfast as 150cal of fruit throughout the day which is allowed. Sometimes I'll have my 50cals of fruit for dessert through the day too. I'm hoping that today my CDC will let me move onto bars and then I can use that as a snack too.

It was so weird weighing everything at first but now I put a 'portion' of pasta/couscous/rice etc into tubs at the beginning of the week and then I don't feel like I'm weighing anything and saves a bit of time.

Frylight is great! I use it for everything but haven't tried the salad dressing ones yet. I'm currently developing some salad dressings, my CDC said you can mix a load of ingredients together to create dressings as long as it doesn't have oil. My favourite at the moment is wholegrain mustard mixed with some white wine vinegar, I also have balsamic vinegar on practically everything!

How long have you been doing Cambridge?

waffles said:
How've you been getting on on 810?

I usually snack on a yog throughout the day as I'm not big on milk (don't often drink tea ...). If I'm not so hungry at breakfast I'll have my breakfast as 150cal of fruit throughout the day which is allowed. Sometimes I'll have my 50cals of fruit for dessert through the day too. I'm hoping that today my CDC will let me move onto bars and then I can use that as a snack too.

It was so weird weighing everything at first but now I put a 'portion' of pasta/couscous/rice etc into tubs at the beginning of the week and then I don't feel like I'm weighing anything and saves a bit of time.

Frylight is great! I use it for everything but haven't tried the salad dressing ones yet. I'm currently developing some salad dressings, my CDC said you can mix a load of ingredients together to create dressings as long as it doesn't have oil. My favourite at the moment is wholegrain mustard mixed with some white wine vinegar, I also have balsamic vinegar on practically everything!

How long have you been doing Cambridge?

Just over 2 months now. Been on 810 for the last.. Nearly 2 weeks?! Befor that it was SS.
Im no a tea/coffee dribker either so hav no use for milk!!
Yeah - dressings wise im looking forward to trying te sprays. I kno u can make ur own but most seem to involve mustard which i hate lol!

So u do 150kcal brekkie, salad lunch, recipe dinner and 50kcal fruit pudding?
Plus the ususal 2 products and milk/yog allowance?

Is that right? X

How was SS? Are you glad to be moving up the steps?

You'll have to let me know what the spray dressings are like. All the ones you make yourself do seem to involve mustard - or a billion different varieties of vinegar!

So yes, I do 150kcal brekkie and a shake - today I had a boiled egg and slice of toast. A bowl of salad and a shake for lunch. Recipe dinner and 50kcals fruit. Plus a muller light - you're only supposed to have 150g I think but a muller light is 165g or something...I just don't lick the lid!

Did you start today? x

waffles said:
Did you start today? x

I will be indeed (havnt eaten anything yet). I'll have my shake then go into town to get fruit. Is it any low fat yog or only plain? And a "small slice of granary bread" is thay one of those smaller loafs? X

My CDC said as long as it's low fat/fat free it's fine so I have muller lights. I assumed it was the smaller loaf so I have hovis nimble which is what I had on slimming world x

Oh and with the fruit I asked if you have to stick to only the fruit in the book and she said you can have any berries because they are super slimming :p but don't stray onto things like melon and pineapple because they have a lot of sugar in x

waffles said:
My CDC said as long as it's low fat/fat free it's fine so I have muller lights. I assumed it was the smaller loaf so I have hovis nimble which is what I had on slimming world x

Woohoo so ive got a small hovis nimble (didnt know of it mattered whoch, i could see one that said granary tho), and some muller lights (6packs fpr £1.50 in asda), and some fruit :)
Couldnt find the frylight salad dressings tho!

Hurrah! Ooh thanks about the mullet light offer, I know what I'm doing this evening now :p x

waffles said:
Hurrah! Ooh thanks about the mullet light offer, I know what I'm doing this evening now :p x

Haha yessss! Love a bargain! :)
I feel like ive eaten so much today. Cooked bolognaise for t but no brown pasta so will hav with rice... Then still got yog and the last 50kcal fruit too.... Thats a lot of fruit in a day! :/ ill have an egg and toast tomorrow me thinks! Havnt got any light spread tho... Eek :/

What u had / having today?

Ooh yum!

Today I had egg and shake. Bowl of salad and yog for lunch and took a bar out with me for an afternoon snack. I couldn't eat it all though it was horrible. I'm doing toad in the hole at the moment but without sausages I'm having some lentils in their place. I'm not sure how the yorkie will work out, I'll let you know. Then I've got my fruit....if I can manage! I'm feeling quite stuffed already!! X

waffles said:
Ooh yum!

Today I had egg and shake. Bowl of salad and yog for lunch and took a bar out with me for an afternoon snack. I couldn't eat it all though it was horrible. I'm doing toad in the hole at the moment but without sausages I'm having some lentils in their place. I'm not sure how the yorkie will work out, I'll let you know. Then I've got my fruit....if I can manage! I'm feeling quite stuffed already!! X

Omg that portion was huuuuuge. Im so stuffed :/ blurghhhhhh.
Defo leaving fruit and yog till later. Maaaan. Do u think itatters ifwe eat less than the amount??

Omgggggg i read tho book wrong. Tje recipe said 250g of mince and 300g if on 1000kcals... Totally read it as EACH! :/ so i just ate 250g of mince instead of 150g! Pillock!!!!
Defo missing put my yog and last bit of fruit!!!!!

Haha, oh no!! It caught me out not looking at the servings too! The Cambridge book is usually one serving but meals in minutes is two! I'm sure it won't be too bad - just be extra good the rest of the week.

Sometimes I miss out a meal or some fruit but I always make sure I have my two products and a yog. I guess the worst thing about missing something is not getting all the nutrients you need.

Had my toad in the hole without the toad....it was excellent!!

Back