Curry fest!

Used to be a chef :cry: ( many moons ago.lol) and indian was my speciality.Will have to try and post a recipie when I have more time.
I think these recipies are really great SW alternatives to their higher fat versions.I've even treated myself to SW 'curry feast'(always looking for new recipies and ideas) and am going to try the vindaloo tomorrow night.
Bunnylush,wish I could have tasted your pakoras and bhajis-bet they were fab!!
Happy cooking :D

Thanks,I bought the small sw curry book, but I'm usually using google and have no patience for book pages in my tiny kitchen. So this week I treated myself to a book stand from Lakeland, to make me use all my SW books. The pakoras were simple. Next time I do bhargi I won't process the onions with the mix,I'll just process the mix then stir in sliced onions. As mine fell apart too much.

This is quite a good Vindaloo if you like a bit of heat
Easy Chicken Vindaloo - (Slimming World) - YouTube

Although, it is actually best to fry your spices with the onion and then add your chicken as it releases the flavour better, then add your sauce base! Yum :)

Tried the onion bhaji.. to die for!! Thanks!

Made the SW vindaloo,from 'curry Feast' on Saturday.Though it was great,considering it contained no fat..anyways it cured my craving on a saturday night;)

This is quite a good Vindaloo if you like a bit of heat
Easy Chicken Vindaloo - (Slimming World) - YouTube
Although, it is actually best to fry your spices with the onion and then add your chicken as it releases the flavour better, then add your sauce base! Yum :)

Tried the onion bhaji.. to die for!! Thanks!
You're right missSJ adding spices to oil releases the oils in the spices and takes your cooking to another level :eating:
in my search for new recipie ideas,never though to look at youtube-feel a real oldie:(
Looks like there's a lot of really good recipies out there!!

Youtube have some really good recipes and we can adapt most to slimming world! Eating the same thing all the time makes me feel sad, I like to experiment :)

For the pakoras, how much of the chopped frozen veg mix do you use? in terms of weight that is. I'm hopeless as a cook and need precise instructions if I'm to do well :eek: :D They sound delicious so I want to cook them ... in fact I want to cook them now, but patience is a virtue! I don't have the ingredients in anyway :8855:

Oh I used half a bag of Co op frozen veg? I'm hopeless too, maybe it was a 500g bag? Maybe not. But in all honestly mine made too much to eat, I'm not sure you can go really wrong with mixing mash and some veg together,unless it looks like the veg outweighs the mash by a lot. I think I used 3 jacket spuds and half bag veg. X

Oh I used half a bag of Co op frozen veg? I'm hopeless too, maybe it was a 500g bag? Maybe not. But in all honestly mine made too much to eat, I'm not sure you can go really wrong with mixing mash and some veg together,unless it looks like the veg outweighs the mash by a lot. I think I used 3 jacket spuds and half bag veg. X

:8855: Feels like the blind leading the blind! We don't have co-op here so I'll do as you suggest and sort of experiment with the amount! I'll report back on my success next week! They do sound good though!! :D

I made pakoras yesterday and took them to class last night, went down a treat! lovely with a sweet chilli dip.
I only use Instant mash, onion, peas and spices.

Back