curry

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Littleslimmingbee, 31 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey all.
    I dont usually make currys, as if we have one we usually just go out for one..

i used to use shwartz tikka masala dried shachet (6syns) and make it up.. but i made a disastorous one a while back and my curry worshiping OH has never forgiven me and refuses to eat it :( lol

my question is, does anyone know of a low syn but very nice tasting tikka masala sauce? Lowest i can find so far is pataks for 24.5 syns..

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Don't know about pre-packaged ones, but this recipe was on the SW website- I know you have to buy all the seperate spices, but once you have them in you can make it again and again
    x

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tikka masala sauce[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Fry Light
    3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    ½ tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
    ½ tsp ground tumeric
    1 tbsp ground coriander
    1 tsp each ground ginger and cumin
    1-2 tsp chilli powder
    1 level tbsp tomato purée
    1 onion, peeled and grated
    100g / 3½ oz very low fat natural fromage frais
    1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] [/FONT]
    [​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    1. Head a pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the garlic, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, ginger, cumin and chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
    2. Stir in the tomato puree and onion and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 142ml/¼pt water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
    3. Pour in the fromage frais, coriander and lemon juice, heat until hot (not boiling or the fromage frais will curdle) and serve immediately.

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks darlin :) xxxxxxxxx

5. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    argh! 24.5 syns for a jar of sauce! thats LOADS! :eek:

Go for the recipe hunny im sure it will turn out yum!! and then you can save your syns for a nice glass of wine or something!

let us know how it turns out! :) Good luck xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.