Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

curry

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Littleslimmingbee, 31 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey all.
    I dont usually make currys, as if we have one we usually just go out for one..

i used to use shwartz tikka masala dried shachet (6syns) and make it up.. but i made a disastorous one a while back and my curry worshiping OH has never forgiven me and refuses to eat it :( lol

my question is, does anyone know of a low syn but very nice tasting tikka masala sauce? Lowest i can find so far is pataks for 24.5 syns..

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Don't know about pre-packaged ones, but this recipe was on the SW website- I know you have to buy all the seperate spices, but once you have them in you can make it again and again
    x

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tikka masala sauce[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Fry Light
    3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    ½ tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
    ½ tsp ground tumeric
    1 tbsp ground coriander
    1 tsp each ground ginger and cumin
    1-2 tsp chilli powder
    1 level tbsp tomato purée
    1 onion, peeled and grated
    100g / 3½ oz very low fat natural fromage frais
    1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] [/FONT]
    [​IMG][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2][​IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    1. Head a pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the garlic, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, ginger, cumin and chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
    2. Stir in the tomato puree and onion and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 142ml/¼pt water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
    3. Pour in the fromage frais, coriander and lemon juice, heat until hot (not boiling or the fromage frais will curdle) and serve immediately.

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks darlin :) xxxxxxxxx

5. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    argh! 24.5 syns for a jar of sauce! thats LOADS! :eek:

Go for the recipe hunny im sure it will turn out yum!! and then you can save your syns for a nice glass of wine or something!

let us know how it turns out! :) Good luck xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.