curry

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hey all.
I dont usually make currys, as if we have one we usually just go out for one..

i used to use shwartz tikka masala dried shachet (6syns) and make it up.. but i made a disastorous one a while back and my curry worshiping OH has never forgiven me and refuses to eat it :( lol

my question is, does anyone know of a low syn but very nice tasting tikka masala sauce? Lowest i can find so far is pataks for 24.5 syns..

xxxx

Don't know about pre-packaged ones, but this recipe was on the SW website- I know you have to buy all the seperate spices, but once you have them in you can make it again and again
x

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tikka masala sauce[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Fry Light
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
½ tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
½ tsp ground tumeric
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp each ground ginger and cumin
1-2 tsp chilli powder
1 level tbsp tomato purée
1 onion, peeled and grated
100g / 3½ oz very low fat natural fromage frais
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
transparent.gif
[/FONT]
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
1. Head a pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the garlic, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, ginger, cumin and chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the tomato puree and onion and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 142ml/¼pt water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the fromage frais, coriander and lemon juice, heat until hot (not boiling or the fromage frais will curdle) and serve immediately.

argh! 24.5 syns for a jar of sauce! thats LOADS! :eek:

Go for the recipe hunny im sure it will turn out yum!! and then you can save your syns for a nice glass of wine or something!

let us know how it turns out! :) Good luck xx

Back