Curv-a-licious Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body Dysmorphia can happen to anyone can't it? I was just talking to my consultant about it the other night at group because I dont see a button of difference in myself.
I still have the big yuky tummy and flabby arms and folds in the wrong places that I had at 21stone so I cant see where im losing it but everyone else tells me I am...

Some day!

Well done you though for getting to the place where you can actually see and feel a difference.
Thats got to be so motivational!!

I am still the same , big yukky tummy and flabby arms and legs and really wobbly butt :giggle: and someone told me that no matter how much exercise and toning you do they don't really disappear until you get to that last stone or there about's ...great so only about another 6st to go then :giggle:
It is motivational to some degree, but what then happens is you get sticky patches...it has taken me ages to lose a st about 3 months in all and cos of that the clothes are taking longer to fit better and then I question if there really is that much difference, I have a pair of jeans I want to be in by xmas and I am just a couple of inches away from doing them up and have been for about 6 months and the gap doesn't seem to be getting any smaller, so now I am having wobbles and keep finding myself saying things like oh what's the use and why bother ...I know I will get over that, but I do silly crap during the times I am in that mood and I am not really one that likes to share when I feel like that, I don't want to be the one that everybody says oh here we go again IYKWIM, so I don't say anything and then it gets worse I have a gain and usually a big one, which isn't helped by my steroids, I get down and my psoriasis flares up...so it all becomes a vicious circle and now I have done exactly what I hate doing and that's talking about it...damn lol xx

I am still the same , big yukky tummy and flabby arms and legs and really wobbly butt :giggle: and someone told me that no matter how much exercise and toning you do they don't really disappear until you get to that last stone or there about's ...great so only about another 6st to go then :giggle:
It is motivational to some degree, but what then happens is you get sticky patches...it has taken me ages to lose a st about 3 months in all and cos of that the clothes are taking longer to fit better and then I question if there really is that much difference, I have a pair of jeans I want to be in by xmas and I am just a couple of inches away from doing them up and have been for about 6 months and the gap doesn't seem to be getting any smaller, so now I am having wobbles and keep finding myself saying things like oh what's the use and why bother ...I know I will get over that, but I do silly crap during the times I am in that mood and I am not really one that likes to share when I feel like that, I don't want to be the one that everybody says oh here we go again IYKWIM, so I don't say anything and then it gets worse I have a gain and usually a big one, which isn't helped by my steroids, I get down and my psoriasis flares up...so it all becomes a vicious circle and now I have done exactly what I hate doing and that's talking about it...damn lol xx

Aw Lily, I am SO sorry I made you bring it up. But honestly, it is SO much better to offload some of your frustrations. NOONE here is going to say "Oh here she goes again" as chances are one or more of us will have been through the same thing or IS going through the same thing and not wanting to say anything. We are like a support group here and we all want to help eachother. Half the time I find myself trying to help someone and I end up teaching myself a thing or two.
You don't moan about anything. Some of the stuff you are going through I would have cracked and broken but your still here and still going strong. Maybe sometimes what you have done doesnt feel motivational to you but to me, to US, you are INCREDIBLE!

Everyone has wobbles. Its a human thing (damn). But the problem isint the wobble, its what we do afterwards. You are still here, still trying, still losing, still helping and inspiring even though YOU are having a bad time and that makes you, as a person, just so inspirational. Nevermind how much weight you have lost. Just YOU, you are so kind and helpful.

So dont ever feel like there isint someone here who you can unload some of the stuff you are going through on to. You have helped us more than enough times to deserve some help back! *hugs*

Addibelle said:
You are so pretty!! :wow:
You look like a genuinely happy and friendly person.
Awwww. I feel like I know you now! hehehe

THANK YOU!!

Aw thanks hun x

I feel like I know a few people on here too!!! Weird isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw thanks hun x

I feel like I know a few people on here too!!! Weird isn't it?

I think you can be more open and honest here because you dont have the repercusions of friends using anything you say as ammo next time the feel like it... No? Just my [STRIKE]frenimies[/STRIKE] friends? hahaha.

Its nice that we all have eachother! :D

Sending hugs to Lily and Addi xxx

I totally see where you're both coming from and have had bad days too but that's why we come in here :)

I nearly gave up as I was annoyed I couldn't afford a new wardrobe of clothes and thought s0d it I'll just stay this size! Luckily the lovely friends I've made in here helped me through it :)

Addibelle said:
I think you can be more open and honest here because you dont have the repercusions of friends using anything you say as ammo next time the feel like it... No? Just my frenimies friends? hahaha.

Its nice that we all have eachother! :D

Totally!!!

Aw Lily, I am SO sorry I made you bring it up. But honestly, it is SO much better to offload some of your frustrations. NOONE here is going to say "Oh here she goes again" as chances are one or more of us will have been through the same thing or IS going through the same thing and not wanting to say anything. We are like a support group here and we all want to help eachother. Half the time I find myself trying to help someone and I end up teaching myself a thing or two.
You don't moan about anything. Some of the stuff you are going through I would have cracked and broken but your still here and still going strong. Maybe sometimes what you have done doesnt feel motivational to you but to me, to US, you are INCREDIBLE!

Everyone has wobbles. Its a human thing (damn). But the problem isint the wobble, its what we do afterwards. You are still here, still trying, still losing, still helping and inspiring even though YOU are having a bad time and that makes you, as a person, just so inspirational. Nevermind how much weight you have lost. Just YOU, you are so kind and helpful.

So dont ever feel like there isint someone here who you can unload some of the stuff you are going through on to. You have helped us more than enough times to deserve some help back! *hugs*

Thanks hun, I am sitting here with big puffy eyes from crying my eyes out, I have just bawled my eyes out...everything you said is true and I know it ...I hate admitting it and would sit here and be the 1st person to tell everybody else to accept compliments, to accept help, to talk about it etc etc and then sit back and do all the things I just told everyone else off for doing...I know where that comes from, I grew up believing I was weak and have always tried to stay and show the world that actually I am tough....now I know I am tough when I need to be, but I don't like or even want to admit that hey I have problems too...it's a weakness (the logical part of me is saying no it's not it's life, the illogical part is saying yes it is they'll chew you up and spit you out...I know I am :crazy:)
I also feel I moan a lot so was "really?", you don't think I moan?
I know it's a wobble and I know I will get past it, I am even though I have questioned it this morning, still motivated enough to want to finish this journey and I am in fact very pleased that you did make me bring it up, it's another issue I need to deal with and get over ...so thank you so much...I am off to lick my wounds wash my face and carry on, going to talk to my consultant again tomorrow night as I really need a boost to get me going again.
Thanks again hun :hug99: catch you later xxxxx

:bighug:Lily, I've never thought you moaned? You have always been so helpful and supportive of others and now it's your turn x

I'm glad youre going to talk to your consultant - I hope they help you get over this bad patch.

You have done SO well!!!

And of course we're all here for you too x

Lily42uk said:
Thanks hun, I am sitting here with big puffy eyes from crying my eyes out, I have just bawled my eyes out...everything you said is true and I know it ...I hate admitting it and would sit here and be the 1st person to tell everybody else to accept compliments, to accept help, to talk about it etc etc and then sit back and do all the things I just told everyone else off for doing...I know where that comes from, I grew up believing I was weak and have always tried to stay and show the world that actually I am tough....now I know I am tough when I need to be, but I don't like or even want to admit that hey I have problems too...it's a weakness (the logical part of me is saying no it's not it's life, the illogical part is saying yes it is they'll chew you up and spit you out...I know I am :crazy:)
I also feel I moan a lot so was "really?", you don't think I moan?
I know it's a wobble and I know I will get past it, I am even though I have questioned it this morning, still motivated enough to want to finish this journey and I am in fact very pleased that you did make me bring it up, it's another issue I need to deal with and get over ...so thank you so much...I am off to lick my wounds wash my face and carry on, going to talk to my consultant again tomorrow night as I really need a boost to get me going again.
Thanks again hun :hug99: catch you later xxxxx

Awwww Big Hugs Lily,

You have done amazingly well and you still are doing well!!

You have lost a tremendous amount of weight, I only hope I have half your will power and determination! :)

Hope you feel better after a good cry! Sometimes we just need to let it all out!

Take Care Hunny x

:bighug:Lily, I've never thought you moaned? You have always been so helpful and supportive of others and now it's your turn x

I'm glad youre going to talk to your consultant - I hope they help you get over this bad patch.

You have done SO well!!!

And of course we're all here for you too x

Awwww Big Hugs Lily,

You have done amazingly well and you still are doing well!!

You have lost a tremendous amount of weight, I only hope I have half your will power and determination! :)

Hope you feel better after a good cry! Sometimes we just need to let it all out!

Take Care Hunny x

Thanks girls, just made me cry all over again lol
I am definitely going to talk to my consultant, just spoke to my Kelly on the phone and she's going through the same so we are going to do it together, that helps....I know I have lost masses of weight and I am really proud of me but I think what the problem is (and I have been sitting here the last 20 minutes trying to work out why I am so upset), is that I want this weight off so much (yep I know we all do), and I have never felt this way before....I have tried to lose weight but never really been that motivated ever before, plus have always felt I had to be strong (long story that one) and have never asked for help, always thought and felt I was the one that was supposed to give help, so it's very alien to me to say I need to your help, but I have come to the point where just this morning I have realised that I can't actually do this on my own and I am going to go against the grain and ask for help, cos I know me and if I keep doing this, determination or not I will eventually give up...so I need you all on my case please HELP ME !!!!
Oh and don't be nice cos that will make it worse lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a start lol thank you xxx

I struggle to do mean or harsh Lily... But I will try!! ;-)

Stop worrying, start thinking positive an get jiggling that Bum! LOL

Ha ha ha... I will practice my stern chats! ;-) xxx

tumblr_lo901hfyc81qcwijgo1_500_large.jpg

Lily,
You have got yourself this far.
There is NO use in going backwards and we are all gonna work together to make sure none of us ever go in that direction.

Im so glad you got some of this off your chest and you can pick yourself up now.

As I always say to myself
"I am in charge of what I put in my mouth, therefore I am responsible for the side effects of it... good or bad...."

Dont ever suffer in silence again.
I'll give you a good old kick up the bum if you do!

*boots up*

hehe xx

I struggle to do mean or harsh Lily... But I will try!! ;-)

Stop worrying, start thinking positive an get jiggling that Bum! LOL

Ha ha ha... I will practice my stern chats! ;-) xxx
Thanks hun, I do need to stop the negatives and look at the positives for sure...I will look forward to your stern talk to me then lol :hug99: xxxxx

tumblr_lo901hfyc81qcwijgo1_500_large.jpg

Lily,
You have got yourself this far.
There is NO use in going backwards and we are all gonna work together to make sure none of us ever go in that direction.

Im so glad you got some of this off your chest and you can pick yourself up now.

As I always say to myself
"I am in charge of what I put in my mouth, therefore I am responsible for the side effects of it... good or bad...."

Dont ever suffer in silence again.
I'll give you a good old kick up the bum if you do!

*boots up*

hehe xx

Oh wow how did someone so young get so much wisdom :hug99:
I am going to print off that post and put it next to where I sit...you are absolutely right...I do need to face up to when I am struggling, I do need to realise how far I have come and I do need to say I need help and I have taken every boot up my backside today and even though I still feel a little wobbly ...I know I can and will do this ...I will gain this week, I know for sure I will but I will take it and put it behind me and I will get back to where I was and soon and I am going to take a little of the pressure off myself by not worrying that I won't make targets and not worrying if I am not wearing my size 20 jeans by xmas but celebrate that I am no longer wearing the size 38/40 clothes that I was wearing and slip into my size 22 jeans and size 20 top with pride....I did just have a small NSV that has helped me by the way...I believe in fate and believe this happened today for a good reason....
I was wearing a size 52DD Bra last year (and it was very tight), but had various sized bras in my draw from previous weight loss attempts and as I have gone down in size have thrown them out as I am never going back up, well I had obviously stopped on all other occasions at a size 46DD bras as I have a draw full of them and found last week, that I was falling out of them even when they were on their tightest hook, so last Monday I ordered 2 size 44DD from M&S....took longer to arrive than I hoped but they are here finally and I just tried one on .....it fits lovely and my melons now actually look like boobs...so that has cheered me up a little ...,
Thanks again everyone, going to put my sore feet up for a bit, but will be back later and WILL be back to my normal self very soon, I promise xxxxxxx :bighug: xxxxxxx

Lily, feel no shame, no guilt, nothing. Look at the big picture of what you have achieved. Step on those scales with pride at what you have achieved overall and step off them again with pride and the start of the next week, which will be a FAB. You are a sucess story and you are human. Failure isnt what you are doing now, it's what happens next what counts....

:banana dancer: Thats you and your melons! I am a mere c cup at top weight and already down to a b and my hubby is def a boob man so not happy!!!

Lily42uk said:
Thanks hun, I do need to stop the negatives and look at the positives for sure...I will look forward to your stern talk to me then lol :hug99: xxxxx

Oh wow how did someone so young get so much wisdom :hug99:
I am going to print off that post and put it next to where I sit...you are absolutely right...I do need to face up to when I am struggling, I do need to realise how far I have come and I do need to say I need help and I have taken every boot up my backside today and even though I still feel a little wobbly ...I know I can and will do this ...I will gain this week, I know for sure I will but I will take it and put it behind me and I will get back to where I was and soon and I am going to take a little of the pressure off myself by not worrying that I won't make targets and not worrying if I am not wearing my size 20 jeans by xmas but celebrate that I am no longer wearing the size 38/40 clothes that I was wearing and slip into my size 22 jeans and size 20 top with pride....I did just have a small NSV that has helped me by the way...I believe in fate and believe this happened today for a good reason....
I was wearing a size 52DD Bra last year (and it was very tight), but had various sized bras in my draw from previous weight loss attempts and as I have gone down in size have thrown them out as I am never going back up, well I had obviously stopped on all other occasions at a size 46DD bras as I have a draw full of them and found last week, that I was falling out of them even when they were on their tightest hook, so last Monday I ordered 2 size 44DD from M&S....took longer to arrive than I hoped but they are here finally and I just tried one on .....it fits lovely and my melons now actually look like boobs...so that has cheered me up a little ...,
Thanks again everyone, going to put my sore feet up for a bit, but will be back later and WILL be back to my normal self very soon, I promise xxxxxxx :bighug: xxxxxxx

Whit Whooo... 44dd.. That's a huge reduction!!

Hubby is getting very concerned about my decreasing boob size! ;-) lol

I think I might need to get remeasured as my DD's now seen to have extra room in the cup! I can't possibly go to a C... Hubby would divorce me! LOL xxx

Lily, feel no shame, no guilt, nothing. Look at the big picture of what you have achieved. Step on those scales with pride at what you have achieved overall and step off them again with pride and the start of the next week, which will be a FAB. You are a sucess story and you are human. Failure isnt what you are doing now, it's what happens next what counts....

:banana dancer: Thats you and your melons! I am a mere c cup at top weight and already down to a b and my hubby is def a boob man so not happy!!!

Hi Lucia, thank you hun....I was just talking to Kelly my daughter again, she really helps me to put things into prospective too and she said almost the exact same thing you just did, although she did point out something and I had just realised it for myself as I was in the middle of a heated discussion with my hubby as she rang, that had I not had my oopherectomy all those years ago I would have been coming up to * week and I was always the emotional one or would emotionally eat or would get stroppy or get back ache or like today have all of them rolled into 1....I am still amazed that all these years later and with nothing in my nether regions (had the whole lot removed including cervix, fallopian tubes and ovaries etc), that I still get all the emotions that I did before my op...very weird.
As for my melons I can never remember being anything smaller than a 38C my entire life and unfortunately my hubby is a leg man lol xxxxxxxx

Good morning all

I must stop weighing myself every morning, it makes me depressed if I haven't lost- I know it's daft, but it's like an obsession, I get on so full of expectations of a loss and get off feeling flat.
I tell the rational me that if I am only loosing 1-2 pounds a week so I will not see much on a daily basis. I do sw on line so I can't get rid of the scales, but I think I need to put them out of reach after my Monday WI
Off to work now , it dark and rainy
Have a great sw day, believe in yourself, you are all doing soooooo well
Bron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back