Curv-a-licious Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addibelle said:
Sorry if im being annoying but can anyone tell me the last day for the challenge, wanna set a realistic target and not sure where we are ending this one? :)

Thanks for setting up the list PP.
I know Jo had mentioned that the dots in the gap appear funny for her on screen so is there anyway we can change that to just spaces or maybe a long underscore would work?
I am so the same about having the list in lines too hehe!

Should we put out B/S/G underneath too or will that make it too big?
Maybe we could put B5/S10/G15 (like yours) beside to make it shorter?

Again, thanks for setting it up lovely!

It's not so much the dots making it go funny, us that the iPhone screen is much narrower, and it makes each post HUGE, as everyone ends up on more than one line! And then PPs is 3 lines :(

Purple Patsy said:
Have been catching up today as had probs with lappy or site yesterday. SO concensus seems to be Olympic Prep Challenge to run from Sun 3rd June to Sat 28th July (8wks)

So I've zeroed everyones amounts and targets (except I've readded my own) I've also added my personal Medal targets which will run till the end of the olympics but I suspect not everyone will do this one.

I have added LisaJade and Welshtigger to the list but please also update your WI day when you add your target. As the initial updates are likely to be a bit of a scrum please try to make sure you use the most up to date list when you add your figs. :D

Here goes with the next Curvy Challenge then. :D

Just a bit confused now!!! When discussing with Cinta yesterday, she said that we should have the medals for the main Olympics challenge-which are the 6 weeks following! Also please please can you reduce the length of each persons line as its a nightmare trying to use the app!!! Thanks! Oh and I am aware we have to use the most uptodate list-as i am the cofounder of this thread ;) x

I haven't finished the current challenge but here goes...

Olympic Prep Challenge to run from Sun 3rd June to Sat 28th July (8wks)

Addibelle(Wed- lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Berry Bee (1st- lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Broadsbean (weds - lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Emma_Partington (Thurs - lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Ginlin (Tues lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Harebell Fairy (Thurs - lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Jo85 (Tues lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Lily42uk (Tues lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
LisaJade (DAY lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
littleflutterby (Tues lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Lollypop1985 (Thu lb) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
LSF666 (Thu-lb) (0lbs lost - 0bs to go)
Lucia Lucia(Th lb ) 0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Mrs E-H (Thur lb) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Purple Patsy (Tues-8lb) (0lbs lost - 8lbs to go)
Bronze 5lbs Silver 10lbs Gold 15lbs
Shenzi (Thu-lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
SugarPlum (Fri-lb) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Tanya Maria (tue- lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)
Welshtigger (DAY-lbs) (0lbs lost - lbs to go)

Have taken off --- for Jo too :)

Sorry if im being annoying but can anyone tell me the last day for the challenge, wanna set a realistic target and not sure where we are ending this one? :)

Thanks for setting up the list PP.
I know Jo had mentioned that the dots in the gap appear funny for her on screen so is there anyway we can change that to just spaces or maybe a long underscore would work?
I am so the same about having the list in lines too hehe!

Should we put out B/S/G underneath too or will that make it too big?
Maybe we could put B5/S10/G15 (like yours) beside to make it shorter?

Again, thanks for setting it up lovely!
The dates are at the top of the list ATM but 3rd June to 28th July (8wks). I tried spaces in the rows but minis just scrunched them in the post. I tried dots too but it made my eyes go funny. Many have commented that the list is easier to follow with the spaces so I have left them as they were.

I thought the medal target were for the 2nd challenge during the actual olympics??
Most of the olympic medal challenges I've seen on minis started a while back and have targets for the full period till the close of the games. If this isn't what's wanted I'm happy to remove my targets but I think I wouldn't bother doing it if it was purely the 6 week challenge cos a gold medal for 6 lbs would be a bit farcical IMHO.

It's not so much the dots making it go funny, us that the iPhone screen is much narrower, and it makes each post HUGE, as everyone ends up on more than one line! And then PPs is 3 lines :(
As I said I'm happy to take out my medal targets but the general layout is liked by most folks so I've left it as is. How do you want to do the medals list if it isn't going to make reading the list hard for those who don't use a PC or lappy to access it. I can't see any way unless running separate lists to do this. :D We have enough problems keeping one up to date and in order without having lots. :D

Just do it without me then! I have always only used the iPhone app, and it's never been a problem having a smaller list! :( thought it was too good to be true that I was welcome back in my own thread :( sorry to have caused problems :(

Last edited:
Oh Jo don't be silly.
PP was only saying that we changed it as it was the consensus to do it in straight lines as it appears on pc's and laptops. You don't need to leave over a trivial thing like that.

It is YOUR thread, you started it off and no one is trying to push you out or exclude you which I think you may think is happening.

We just have to find a way that works for everyone, you know? :)

We're all friends here, all trying to help each other. :)

Let's not get upset or have you or anyone else leave over a little thing like that.

We will sort out a way.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Purple Patsy said:
The dates are at the top of the list ATM but 3rd June to 28th July (8wks). I tried spaces in the rows but minis just scrunched them in the post. I tried dots too but it made my eyes go funny. Many have commented that the list is easier to follow with the spaces so I have left them as they were.

Most of the olympic medal challenges I've seen on minis started a while back and have targets for the full period till the close of the games. If this isn't what's wanted I'm happy to remove my targets but I think I wouldn't bother doing it if it was purely the 6 week challenge cos a gold medal for 6 lbs would be a bit farcical IMHO.

As I said I'm happy to take out my medal targets but the general layout is liked by most folks so I've left it as is. How do you want to do the medals list if it isn't going to make reading the list hard for those who don't use a PC or lappy to access it. I can't see any way unless running separate lists to do this. :D We have enough problems keeping one up to date and in order without having lots. :D

Oh whoops!

I didn't see the date.

Was just leaving work and was rushing haha.

Brain fart!

:D

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Evening Curvys... Gosh a girl can't miss a second in here! LOL

Thank you to both PP & Patsy who have tried to sort the list out, as I just wouldn't know where to start! :-/

I really don't care if the list has dots, doesn't have dots... I just want to come online and get support from all my wonderful friends on here. :)

I love the idea of the 2 shorter challenges, one being a run up to the Olympics and one being over the olympic period. I also think PP made a valid point, that the Olympic term is too short to set silver, bronze and gold targets. :)

Maybe we could have 2 seperate challenges but a medal target that could run across both.

Or is that getting to complicated? Lol :-/ xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oops... Sorry Lisa... That should have said PP & Lisa!!!! Lol

This is why I can't be trusted to compile the lists!!!

*SugarPlum* said:
Oops... Sorry Lisa... That should have said PP & Lisa!!!! Lol

This is why I can't be trusted to compile the lists!!!

Lol! I'm easy - I'll just join any list created ;)

For goodness sake! I only asked if the dashes could be removed to make it easier for people to use the iPhone app :banghead: no need for all the sarcastic responses!! So much for a supportive place eh

Purple Patsy said:
Heard that about you Lisa after all it was Cinta that congratulated on the ST........S wasn't it. :D

Lol! Trust you to remember that! ;)

Harebell Fairy said:
Lisa I wouldn't be spreading that you are easy... What woul Elliott think!! Stds and all sorts goin!! ;-) he he!!

:p

Harebell Fairy said:
Course you did!!! Ya know we love you. Xxx

Anyway how'd you think Elliott got me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back