Curv-a-licious Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am really upset right now

I have a friend in Canada- who is someone that I love like another mum. I spent 7 months learning to knit a blanket for her daughter's first child (he was born in August) I didn't want to send it because it is a bit crap....but she told me off, telling me that i would be disappointing her daughter if i didnt send it. so i sent it

it arrived about 3 weeks ago- and i asked that we skyped when her daughter saw it- so I was there, kinda thing....well last week, even though her daughter was at their house, they didnt skype- they were busy playing cards or something. so we agreed that we'd do it tonight....at 9pm (4pm their time) she said that they would all make time to do it-a 10 minute conversation after 7 months of work from me

it's now 9.30- of course- not a frigging peep from them....

i'm disappointed- this isnt the first time she's done this- she's always let me down, even when i visited her last year- we did NOTHING that i wanted to do- even though i forked out over a grand to get there, including spends. we didnt even go the beach (which was on the list of stuff i wanted to do)

usually i would just jib her off....but i don't think i can....even though she's let me down, and upset me so many times, i cant detach.....why is that? i'm just letting myself get upset every bloody time :(

Oh how horrible for you. I think you deserve 10 mins and ti leave you hanging around in the other side if the world is not on.

I have a close relative who let me down over and over and I gave up in the end. We haven't spoken for over 5 years and I honestly think it's for the best x

Just cos someone's family you don't have to have them in your life forever. Not if they make you upset x

I know what you mean Lisa- I've tried to back away but I can't. I care about her too much. She says I'm like another daughter to her....then she lets me down over and over....

45 minutes i've been here for for godsake....im on my mums computer so i can use the skype phone....i cant stay on it all night

I'm just getting more and more upset :(

little_bubblez said:
I know what you mean Lisa- I've tried to back away but I can't. I care about her too much. She says I'm like another daughter to her....then she lets me down over and over....

45 minutes i've been here for for godsake....im on my mums computer so i can use the skype phone....i cant stay on it all night

I'm just getting more and more upset :(

Please tell me you didn't stay there much longer than that x

Hope you're ok. I know it's hard but you're worth more than that.

Please tell me you didn't stay there much longer than that x

Hope you're ok. I know it's hard but you're worth more than that.

An hour and 15 minutes before they came online- and I got 2 minutes...my friend wasnt even in shot- just her daughter....I was extremely upset

So I called my friend- and spoke to her- told her exactly how I felt and that it wasn't on. She did apologise....I just felt as though it needed to be said.

But- since it's all that matters now..... http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...23345_100000116063468_1437417_659919569_n.jpg

omg how cute is he! and how awesome is the blanket???? lol

little_bubblez said:
An hour and 15 minutes before they came online- and I got 2 minutes...my friend wasnt even in shot- just her daughter....I was extremely upset

So I called my friend- and spoke to her- told her exactly how I felt and that it wasn't on. She did apologise....I just felt as though it needed to be said.

But- since it's all that matters now..... http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300991_299571876723345_100000116063468_1437417_659919569_n.jpg

Aw. So happy you sorted it all out :)

So cute :). And the blanket's gorgeous x

thanks muchly :) it was honestly my first ever attempt at knitting something (i did 2 practise squares, that was about it)

But he is just adorable. I can't have kids myself, and my brother is happily in a relationship with another guy, so no nieces or nephews there LOL.

So that little guy is the nearest to a nephew i'm gonna get :) and auntie tanya is gonna spoil him rotten!! heehee

Hi ladies,

I have had a busy weekend so not been on here much.

I will catch up as the evening goes on! :)

Just made LoChans Hot & Sour Soup.... OMG... It's AMAZING!!!

I would recommend everyone tries it!!

NOM NOM NOM :)

My head's gonna swell, I'm half thinking I should take a bow everytime I enter a thread where The Soup has been mentioned :8855:

I can't stop making it ...did you make it with cornflour or xanthan gum? ....with cornflour it's 2 syns a bowl with xanthan gum it's free ..woohoo ....yummy yum xxxxxxx

I've found xanthan gum online now, £2.50 with free p&p so will make it with that once it turns up, I've only made it the once :eek:

Hi Girls I have had a brill day. We went to the Goose Fair in Nottingham today something Hubby and I have done since we first met. Usually its an eat your way around the fair event and thats one of the reasons we love it today however hubby had some yummy things and I had peas lol

I am feeling really virtuous today tee hee I have just made the scan bran chocolate cake. Its a little bit like sweet wholemeal bread warm going to see what its like cold.

xxx

More peas? lol Glad you had a lovely day :)

evening everybody, hope you have had a good weekend:D

new scales bought but due to a large difference, this week has been a stay the same will hopefully have a good loss on thurs to make up for it.
having lower carbs and more pulses this week to see how that goes.
its making me experiment a bit .

hopefully a good week for us all cos we all deserve one:D

I'm on tenterhooks, thursday is a long way away lol With all your cooking planned the excitement will be building all week to see how you do :D

Been ill today so whatever I've eaten has gone down the loo. (sorry if tmi).

Was 100% but might as well have not been!!!

:bighug:Aws well done sticking to 100% while you're poorly, don't think I would have managed it :eek:

I am really upset right now

I have a friend in Canada- who is someone that I love like another mum. I spent 7 months learning to knit a blanket for her daughter's first child (he was born in August) I didn't want to send it because it is a bit crap....but she told me off, telling me that i would be disappointing her daughter if i didnt send it. so i sent it

it arrived about 3 weeks ago- and i asked that we skyped when her daughter saw it- so I was there, kinda thing....well last week, even though her daughter was at their house, they didnt skype- they were busy playing cards or something. so we agreed that we'd do it tonight....at 9pm (4pm their time) she said that they would all make time to do it-a 10 minute conversation after 7 months of work from me

it's now 9.30- of course- not a frigging peep from them....

i'm disappointed- this isnt the first time she's done this- she's always let me down, even when i visited her last year- we did NOTHING that i wanted to do- even though i forked out over a grand to get there, including spends. we didnt even go the beach (which was on the list of stuff i wanted to do)

usually i would just jib her off....but i don't think i can....even though she's let me down, and upset me so many times, i cant detach.....why is that? i'm just letting myself get upset every bloody time :(

But- since it's all that matters now..... http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...23345_100000116063468_1437417_659919569_n.jpg

Grr that's so inconsiderate - and a very awkward emotional situation for you to be in :( :bighug:The part about the holiday over there especially, that sucks :(

Does she think of you too much as a daughter in that she reckons she can behave however she likes and you'll still love her unconditionally? It's not on :mad:

Glad you told her you were upset and that she apologised at least x

And aww bless, cute ickle thing, and your blanket looks fab, clever thing you :D

I think sometimes she just sees me as a mate- that's what gets to me more. She talks to me as if i'm one of her own...but sometimes refers to me as her "british friend" depends what day it is i suppose....but to me, she's always "mom", or "mommy" if i'm in one of those "let out my inner child" moments

She has been a big emotional support to me over the last 3 years. I was really ill when I first met her (on facebook) and because I chose not to speak to any of my family about it- if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have got through everything.

But she's scatty, and easily distracted....rather fuzzy. So sometimes she does forget things. Apparently she did tell her daughter to get online for 4....but i think she got some of her mum's traits :\

but thanks :) i'm chuffed about the blanket- i hope it's something he can treasure for years to come :) i wanted to make him something, rather than go to asda and buy a few items (like bibs and stuff) i knew that other people would get him stuff like that....i wanted to be different *grin*

ok so i'm thinking....cup of tea and half an hour of dancing or wii fit...i do have a sore back so i have to take it easy (maybe wii fit is wiser)

why do i always wanna do exercise at stupid o'clock? lol

I've just been doing those calf exercises lilaloves' hubby recommended for the plantar faciitis... I was so tempted to go s0d it for today 'cause I'm knackered from wii fit aswell. It's surprising how tiring calf stretches can be when you have to keep at it for 20 mins :eek:

I reckon something made is (or should) be more appreciated than something bought anyway since there's love and thought going into it. And if it's really cool too all the better lol

Off to bed now so catch ye (and all m'other team mates) tom'ow xx

see now i read this to say that you were going to play with the leather clad men tomorrow :eek: :8855::8855::8855::8855:

if so i think you should share :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Oh now why didn't I think of that, oh I loveee a leather clad man on a motorbike, so sexy :giggle: I would happily share them all with you hun, cept one, have told my hubby if the leather clad gorgeous hunk ever becomes available and wants me, I'm off and divorce is on the cards :8855: xxxxxxx

I made it with the Corn Flour.. what is Xanthan Gum???

I honestly never expected it to be as nice as it was!!

I think I will be making it on a regular basis!! xxx

Xanthan Gum is a thickener that my C at group recommended to me, does the same as cornflour but is only 0.5 syns a teaspoonful, but you would only need about a quarter of a teaspoon for 1-2 litres of fluid and must be added straight to hot fluid as it won't work if added to any cold fluid. It's available in Tesco's at £2.35 for 100g, which will last forever xxxx

Been ill today so whatever I've eaten has gone down the loo. (sorry if tmi).

Was 100% but might as well have not been!!!

Hope you feel better soon hun xxxx

thanks muchly :) it was honestly my first ever attempt at knitting something (i did 2 practise squares, that was about it)

But he is just adorable. I can't have kids myself, and my brother is happily in a relationship with another guy, so no nieces or nephews there LOL.

So that little guy is the nearest to a nephew i'm gonna get :) and auntie tanya is gonna spoil him rotten!! heehee

ok so i'm thinking....cup of tea and half an hour of dancing or wii fit...i do have a sore back so i have to take it easy (maybe wii fit is wiser)

why do i always wanna do exercise at stupid o'clock? lol

Aww sorry you felt so bad sweetie, glad you got it off your chest with her though, best way in my opinion.
Bubba looks so cute and your blankie looks amazing, you clever girl xxxxxx

Morning all

Just one and a half this week after my weekend away, lots of walking but lots of eating too! I was hoping for a STS so am really pleased I've had a loss.
Have a good week all,
Bron

Bron said:
Morning all

Just one and a half this week after my weekend away, lots of walking but lots of eating too! I was hoping for a STS so am really pleased I've had a loss.
Have a good week all,
Bron

Well done Bron,

That's a fab loss, especially if you have been away! :)

Xxx

little_bubblez said:

Ah. Lucky boy :)

Thanks for all the good wishes guys :)

I'm feeling a lot better now x

And well done Bron :)

bb65 22lbs (14lbs lost - 8lbs to go)
Broadsbean 27lb (2lbs lost - 25lbs to go)
Bron 22lbs (8.5lbs lost ~ 13.5lbs to go)
carriebrad 22lbs (5.5lbs lost ~ 16.5lbs to go)
Eyden Hainsworth 22lbs (2lbs lost - 20lbs to go)
fat&40 28lbs (5.5lbs lost ~ 22.5lbs to go)
Hoping 26.5lbs (2.5lbs lost - 24lbs to go)
JackieN 14lbs (2lb lost ~ 12lbs to go)
Jo-85 26lbs (2lb lost - 24lbs to go)
Lilaloves 22lbs (9lbs lost ~ 13lbs to go)
Lily42uk 22lbs (5.5lbs lost - 16.5lbs to go)
Little Bubblez 22lbs (5 lbs lost - 17 lbs to go)
LoChan1984 28lbs (8.5lbs lost - 19.5lbs to go)
Lollypop1985 14lbs (1lbs lost - 13lbs to go)
LSF666 18lbs (3lbs lost - 15lbs to go)
Lucia_Lucia 29.5lbs (5lbs lost - 24.5lbs to go)
missjlouise 29lbs (7lbs lost - 22lbs to go)
Sugarplum 22lbs (7lbs lost - 15lbs to go)

Have updated the list for you Bron - well done hun :)

Thanks for all the good wishes guys :)

I'm feeling a lot better now x

And well done Bron :)

Glad you're feeling better now Lisa - had enough of the porcelain I should imagine lol

Good luck for this week x

Good luck to everyone weighing in 2moro

My birthday 2moro so going to try my hardest over the weekend. Decided to go to pics with hubby rather than go out for dinner.
Working most of the morning 2moro anyway.

Stacey Xx

How did your birthday go Stacey? Hope you enjoyed yourself (within reason ;)) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back