Curv-a-licious Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if it helps at all but I adapted alot of the recipes from the Jamie's School Dinners cook book for my kids, in fact you have reminded me to get that book out again and use it more. It had some lovely recipes in and I used to make my own chicken nuggets for them.

Its basically chopped chicken breast, egg and breadcrumbs and you can add a weeny bit of garlic or other seasoning to taste. My kids absolutely loved them.

What sort of foods does she like and I will look for you :D

One of our all time favourite sw family meals is the sw beef cobbler

Have you tried it?

Its so filling and my kids even love it

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie, you are a star. chicken dippers, fish cakes, sausage casserole, mac cheese, pasta( not tomato based) lol, pizza will not eat potato, mince, stew. went off most of her veg lately too. she's just turned 2 so could just be a wee stage she going through but its been like this for 6 months.

xxxx

my daughter is still abit like this. I now make my own pizzas for her she loves them :D She does eat processed food don't get me wrong but I am trying to gradually change this. The way I do it is to serve hers up but shes always given a little of what we have 'to try' sometimes she tries it and I make a huge fuss of her other times we end up throwing it, but its a weeny weeny bit so who cares. Shes found a few foods she suddenly loves including brown bread :D shes now 8. I love this cook book though as its normal foods :D I shall have a delve into it later and let you know what I find :D xxxxx

my daughter is still abit like this. I now make my own pizzas for her she loves them :D She does eat processed food don't get me wrong but I am trying to gradually change this. The way I do it is to serve hers up but shes always given a little of what we have 'to try' sometimes she tries it and I make a huge fuss of her other times we end up throwing it, but its a weeny weeny bit so who cares. Shes found a few foods she suddenly loves including brown bread :D shes now 8. I love this cook book though as its normal foods :D I shall have a delve into it later and let you know what I find :D xxxxx

That would be great Jackie!! might go buy the book if there is things i could make for her. Im a fussy eater also but i think this is due to me being fed processed food 9 times out of 10 when i was growing up. so i am slowly trying to change this by making more home cooked meals xxxx

Bb65 I once saw a programme in bbc3 where there was a fussy eater and the mum made a healthy pasta and the girl wouldn't eat it. So she went to bed without dinner. For breakfast it was heated up. She still wouldn't eat it. Same for lunch. Then in the afternoon she went and started eating it and liked it.

I'm honestly not sure if this is cruel or genius.

Kids will eat if they're hungry I guess.

I was an awful fussy eater and ate cr@p as a kid and its probably why I'm overweight.

Well done for trying and Jackie's ideas are great - disguising healthy food as recognisable to her. I do love Jamie for that :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My step son was a very fussy eater when I first got with my hubby.At first I used to go along with it but then I found it cost us a lot of money having to buy different food when we saw him. Gradually I have introduced fruit ,veg and meat into his diet and he now loves it :) It is worth persevering and Jamie is brill I love what he is doing with the Schools.

xxx

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, we had the last day of Christmas here today with the full works for the in laws, so cooked for 9 and probably ate for 9 too!

So one day off for new year and glad thats out of the way and decs down tomorrow and my trusty bowl of grapefruit to start me off in the morning for my first step to losing 5 stone or so this year!

Good luck everyone!

Morning Curvys,

My Decs are coming down... Which symbolises the end of the Festive period!

I wasn't exactly good yesterday.. Hangover and too many goodies still in the house!

I really don't won't to go back to work tomorrow but I am looking for normality to return to my routine. Were I can plan menus properly ect...

Feeling a bit Blue today :-( does anyone else find Januarys a bit depressing??

I am so Excited about the new year and all the weight I will loose but I also feel really down :-(

*SugarPlum* said:
Morning Curvys,

My Decs are coming down... Which symbolises the end of the Festive period!

I wasn't exactly good yesterday.. Hangover and too many goodies still in the house!

I really don't won't to go back to work tomorrow but I am looking for normality to return to my routine. Were I can plan menus properly ect...

Feeling a bit Blue today :-( does anyone else find Januarys a bit depressing??

I am so Excited about the new year and all the weight I will loose but I also feel really down :-(

I get the whole routine thing, but unfortunately for me, my job doesn't have any lol!! January is a bit depressing isn't it-it's kinda the immense anticlimax after the awesomeness of Christmas and new year! If you want something else to plan, and happen to be free on the weekend of March 11(or just the Sunday) we are having an unofficial get together whilst I attempt the Silverstone half marathon!!! I know Lily is coming up, and I'm planning on kidnapping Tanya too. If you can get there you would be more than welcome to join us-the race is at noon and was thinking(altho nothing is yet planned)about maybe having tea together after :) xxxx

Welshtigger said:
I get the whole routine thing, but unfortunately for me, my job doesn't have any lol!! January is a bit depressing isn't it-it's kinda the immense anticlimax after the awesomeness of Christmas and new year! If you want something else to plan, and happen to be free on the weekend of March 11(or just the Sunday) we are having an unofficial get together whilst I attempt the Silverstone half marathon!!! I know Lily is coming up, and I'm planning on kidnapping Tanya too. If you can get there you would be more than welcome to join us-the race is at noon and was thinking(altho nothing is yet planned)about maybe having tea together after :) xxxx

Awww how good a meet up! :) I certainly have no plans at the moment.

How brave are you running a Marathon... You will do amazing! You must be so proud entering yourself, that's a real goal to work towards. :) xx

*SugarPlum* said:
Awww how good a meet up! :) I certainly have no plans at the moment.

How brave are you running a Marathon... You will do amazing! You must be so proud entering yourself, that's a real goal to work towards. :) xx

It's a Half marathon! I know I can do 10k(which is half of that) so got 10weeks to build up the rest! It's not an official meet up, but Lily said that she and Mal will come up to cheer me on, Tanya is hopefully going to come down with me, Lo mentioned she might, and Jackie lives in Northampton :) it's at Silverstone race track and I just wanna get round :) xx

Harebell Fairy said:
Omg your pic is stunning! Look at you!! :)

Jan blues are so common. My birthday is in 3 weeks so I find it helps keep me from bein too blue! And hubby is bringing me to see tommy tiernan in a few weeks for my birthday so that will keep me smiling! Don't let it get you too down hon, think of that vixens challenge and when you get back to work you will find it will be feb before you know it!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well. Am not feelin very well ATM. * week and a head cold along with a thumping headache = not happy harebell fairy!!

Hubby and I have set a target for the month on how much we would like to lose so that will keep us motivated and encourage eachother to keep going. And I have the vixens on here. Really would love to see a 14 on the scale by the end of the month! Fingers crossed.

Hope ye have a lovely day girls :)

Awww Thank You Hunny! :)

I think I more down, as I am going back to work for the first time in 11 days! Once I am back tomorrow, I know I will be fine. :)

I am totally up for the Vixons challenge though, so is Hubby. We have both just bought new clothes a size too small, that I need to get into! :)

I plan on getting back into my Kettleworx, that was having an amazing effect on my body.

I am sure you will be in those 14's in no time! :) xxx

I do feel ya pain sugar I think I'm always depressed the whole way thru January and work always seems worse than normal. :(

The only thing usually to brighten up jan is booking summer hols....but I can't afford that either hehe!!

Enjoy ya last day of freedom everybody x

Welshtigger said:
It's a Half marathon! I know I can do 10k(which is half of that) so got 10weeks to build up the rest! It's not an official meet up, but Lily said that she and Mal will come up to cheer me on, Tanya is hopefully going to come down with me, Lo mentioned she might, and Jackie lives in Northampton :) it's at Silverstone race track and I just wanna get round :) xx

A half marathon is still AMAZING! I don't think I would get round a school race track, yet alone Silverstone!

You will do it!!!! I have no doubt!! :)

jo-85 said:
I do feel ya pain sugar I think I'm always depressed the whole way thru January and work always seems worse than normal. :(

The only thing usually to brighten up jan is booking summer hols....but I can't afford that either hehe!!

Enjoy ya last day of freedom everybody x

Jo your so right.. Work always does seem harder! I think it's after a bit of a wind down through Dec, it's a shock to the system.

Once March comes though we start to see a bit better weather, which always makes things feel better! :) x

*SugarPlum* said:
A half marathon is still AMAZING! I don't think I would get round a school race track, yet alone Silverstone!

You will do it!!!! I have no doubt!! :)

Thanks :) it will be an amazing acheivement for me, and would be even better to succeed with my friends there :)
By the way-I LOVE your new pic :) Gowjus xxxxx

Welshtigger said:
Thanks :) it will be an amazing acheivement for me, and would be even better to succeed with my friends there :)
By the way-I LOVE your new pic :) Gowjus xxxxx

Thank You Hunny....

I can definately notice a difference in my face when i compare pictures from this Christmas to last!

I am just desperate to get into the 19's!! :)

Morning curvies xx
Cinta you look amazing in your new piccie and so do you Harebell and Lucia, Fab-u-Lous ladies.
Can't wait to come to Silverstone come March Jo, really looking forward to it which is a weird feeling for me because in the past I would have been thinking oh no what have I done and then probably found a way to back out, but not now this is the new me ...it would be even better if I were to be in my size 18 jeans that I made Mal buy me for Christmas lol, but either way I'll be there and really looking forwards to meeting anyone else that turns up too...but not to worry Jo I can definitely make enough noise for a whole crowd of people should I need to :giggle:

So here's to 2012 ladies ...onwards and downwards :bighug: xxxxx

Glad I'm not alone feeling down. I'm with you Cinta re work - I really don't want to go back tomorrow but at least it's only a 4 day week!

Jo - that's fab you're doing the half marathon!!! Well done :)

Kim (he he), I hope you feel better soon x

Lily, size 18 jeans and almost 3 months to get into them - yep you can do it :)

I REALLY need to get motivated today - I'm just laying on the couch in my PJ's.

Not hungry though so not eating cr@p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back