curves gym

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by lighterlifegirl, 28 July 2006 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. well I have done it an committed to going today (Friday). I have been thinking about it for such a long time and they actually called me today and said they had a summer offer on. The poor girl near fainted when I said OK I will come in tomorow and sign up.

I have lost 5st so far and am in my second week of management and now I need to tone up the jelly belly. I have recently moved too so maybe this will also help me to find some like minded friends.

wish me luck and I will keep you informed on how it is going.

Cathy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Well I turned up, got weighed and measured and was shown how to use the equipment.
    The whole gym is laid out in a circuit with a 'board' in between each piece of equipment. You spend 30 seconds on the equipment and you follow it by doing 30 sec of specific exercises on the boards. You have to do 2 1/2 circuits and it takes 30 mins and you then follow this by stretching out. There is music on while you do the circuit and a voice tells you when to change. It was quite fun but at times 30 seconds seemed too little a time on the machines. I will be reweighed and remeasured in 1 month. It is recommended that I attend at least 3 times a week.
    I am actually looking forward to going next time.

Cathy

4. sugarplum

sugarplum Regular Member

Well done you. I used to go to step classes and swimming with a friend until I moved away from my hometown. I dislike going anywhere new on my own so it took a lot for me to join a gym a couple of years ago alone (sorted through my doctor on one of these fitness for life programs)however, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder whilst doing one of the weight lifting exercises and was in a lot of pain for months. Had to have painkillers, heat treatment and physio and was unable to go to the gym. I am back to square one now having to pluck up the courage to go and begin all over again but I will do this. Don't really want to go to the same gym, wasn't overly impressed but its very expensive to go to the others in the area.

5. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    Good for you for taking the first step. Now all you need to do is make sure that you go on a regular basis :)

All that toning is going to do you heaps of good, I just wish I could be as motivated :rolleyes:

6. weighty problem

weighty problem Member

Hi Cathy
    I've been going to my local Curves in North Harrow since it opened. I'd lost 2st when I started - now nearly 6 & i really think it's helping - can't say I'm becoming one of those 'gym addicts' (perish the thought) but I really miss it if I don't go.
    I've lost 35 inches since I started although most is probably down to CD I guess some is also due to Curves - so keep at it!!
    Good luck
    WPx

7. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Wow! WP - that is pretty impressive,hun!
    How are you getting on, Cathy?
    love

8. Well I went Monday and today and intend on going Friday too. So far I am enjoying it. They will weigh and measure me again at the end of the month so I hope to see a couple of inches lost.

Cathy

9. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Excellent - very well done!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.