Curvy getting back to feeling good

Kathryn well done on your fantastic losses you are doing so well...

Yep I love hot summer fruit drink - I have has loads today but I only need a really small amount of flavouring else it is too sweet . ... Good day today .

Ok weighing myself I think I am obsessed and can't let it go ... I am an accountant so I track my weight via spreadsheets and I have graphs !!

Hopeless !

Day 22 - had a good evening , got my water down last night and I woke up feeling not so tired.

I really now feel like I want to exercise a little - I might try by kettleworx dvds. They are not cardio and they only take 20 mintues 3 times a day. I want to start to tone up a little.

Food wise - I am thinking about moving to lite ( ie having 1 meal a day with 3 packs) after I complete the first month. does anyone know what kind of meals I can have - i guess that it is just protein and veg but does anyone know the quantities...

Just a thought - I am not really struggling, i think it would just make a change. I hear that the losses are still similiar so I should sill hit my 3 stone in 3 months

Ask your LLC for the booklet for Lite, it has measurements of protein in there and vegetable choices - along with allowances of low-fat daily and oils. :)
I believe it's a small portion of protein (200g quorn / 200g chicken / 200g prawns / 150g lean red meat) and a cereal bowl of vegetables (non-starchy kind, so broccoli, cauliflower, turnip) and some plain salad. You can use some sauces (soy etc.) and make your own tomato sauce for curries.

If you feel ready to take this step, then go for it! If you feel like you want to go back to Total, the choice is there for you. You have to do what feels good for you. I found the losses to be similar (obviously slightly less), but it's really down to portion size and not allowing any snacks to creep in during the day ( even if innocent vegetables!). It's all down to control. :)

Good luck with what you decide to do!

Thanks so much x not sure I am going to do the full 30 days and then see how I do ..

Stick it out 'till the end of January :) Might as well - then you know you'll have done a full month and you can start varying little bits. It's teaching yourself discipline along the way - that's actually the crucial thing to take away from Lighter Life. Learning to control how you react to things (not just food) and having patience to deliberate any choices you make.

Do some pro's and con's about going on Lite or staying on LLT. Maybe try to stick to LLT 4 days per week and do Lite 3 days? That's what my partner will do once February comes about, but he never intended to do LLT for longer than a month, he knows how he wanted to manage this.

Could be a good compromise?

x

Day 23- nothing really to report , getting the water in ..

Doing ok!

Thanks Minerva for all your support x

day 24 - I woke up with a terrible headache - I cant be dehydrated as I gulped loadsof water yesterday. I rushed to have my first shake at about 7am - I had a barny with my OH over nothing! nutter!

I have done about a litre of water and now at 10:30 I have had my bar!!! (I usually hang out till at least 12:30) but I felt that I needed it. I did say that I would just have a bite or two - but I have gobbled it all up!!!! what is wrong with me?????

Could be that TOTM week before feeling where I feel rubbish and want to eat everything in sight? but feeling a bit out of control as I feel I cant trust myself....

BTW jumped on the scales and it has moved down by 1lb? so not a massive movement since Tuesday!!

I am just having a crappy day with all sorts of crazy things going on in my mind... really looking forward to group tomorrow so that I can get some balance.... must try and do some personal development work tonight!!

have a good day

Day 26 - all going well group session was great we talked about our journey in our heads

It was a great session I will write more about it tomorrow - bit after that I have had a very stressful weekend with family stuff. ! Not immediate in-laws !! Bloody nightmare !!!

Managed to stay 100% on plan but had a cold so feeling really tired low and ill...

Back to work tomorrow - another busy week in the office to come- not looking forward to it !!

Anyways speak more tomorrow - off to bed !!

Day 27 feeling terrible - got up and felt bad I got as far as the front door and turned back and went to bed and have been there since . I have had only 1 shake and half a bar ... Really can't stomach anymore today ... Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow

Poor you! Hope you are feeling better soon x

Day 28 - So official WI today ( not that I dont weigh myself everyday) and I have lost another 3lbs. That takes me to just over a stone in nearly a month. Not bad going! still feeing pretty rough but I have made it in to the office. As i was rubbish with water and packs I am really thirsty today so drinking loads ( it is also helping with my cold)

I am starting to feel a real difference with my apprearance and some of my size 14 trousers are really too big. I am in my size 12's ( but they are a genrous M&S 12) but there is progress. I seem to have lost the most from my top half of my body... Hopefully it will all even out eventually. I will be starting the kettleworx programm by the end of the week ( once Ihave sorted my cold) and I may go to the gym and so some swimming. I love the cross trainer machine - but I know that it is a no no on this plan.

We had a really good group session on saturday - we visualised and drew what we see our journey looking like - and what obsticles we see, and where we want to end up at the end of the programm. It was a great session and what HIT me was that my husband is very supportive, he loves me as i am big or small he does not care - and when I though about it in detail I actually resent him for that and partly blame him for my weight gain! (I feel like such a b*tch) but it is the truth. Another thing that came out was how HONEST young kids are - my youngest ( who is 9) constantly tells me that I am fat and I have stumpy legs and a wobbly tummy - I always used to laugh it off - but really it affects me a lot and really upsets me - I honestly realised that I am doing this to make him feel proud of me and I feel ashamed at the moment.

it was a really deep session and really got us to think about why we are doing the plan and really what is the effect .

Anyways back to work !!

Hope you all have a fab day

Aww I'm glad things are starting to click - some of the exercises in the LL groups are REALLY good to getting to grips with the how/why/when/what's of the weight gains. Weight isn't just fat... it's a representation of how we've felt and what's hit us or influenced us to behave a certain way.

My boyfriend also loves me whether I'm thin or fat, he's a sweetheart - but he's got a weight problem too, he's a food lover! So when we eat - we eat lots together.. when we diet, we support each other too.

As for your child - erm, why do you allow it to talk to you that way? I would never have dreamed telling anyone they were fat at 9, that's a bit too old for such honesty (it's just being MEAN; I'd say that's acceptable up to the age of about 6). I'd have been clouted around the ear if I even thought of saying such a thing! I remember when I was about 5, I think my granny was taking me somewhere and I stared at a man in a wheelchair for a bit too long - she said 'Don't stare, it's rude. If you stare you'll end up that way too'. It's a scare tactic and slightly mean, but it worked.

I grew up with my grandparents (due to complications with parents), my granny was very chubby and my granddad was fine weight wise, but had diabetes/lack of teeth/broken leg-limp/eczema and only one lung that worked (Russian Gulag does that to people) - but, I'd never have told any of them ANYTHING to hurt them.

Sending you hugs as comments from loved ones (however young and innocent they may be) still hurt us the most!! :( My dad's still overly critical of my weight (even having weight problems himself- cheeky sod!)

Last edited:
Hi Minerva - you talk so much sense. On my little man - I have 3 kids son 14, daughter 11 and the son who is 9. He is not a nasty boy he loves me very much and he still very much my baby! - he does not say comments in a hurtful manner at all, it is more that he makes the passing comment, thinks nothing of it and moves on. i have never highlighted weight as being an issue in our house - so to him he is just saying it as if he was saying - mum your hair does not look nice tied up. or you look pretty in that dress - it is just a passing comment to him, so no malice at all - and if i am honest I have never ever told him that he hurts me when he says it.. so probably says more about me then him ( look at me being the defensive mum!! ) I do realise now that I need to let him know how it makes me feel. Also if he dared to say anything like that to my daughter he knows that he would be in BIG trouble - maybe i just need to care more about myself sometimes too x

Aw, bless you :)
You do need to let him know that it hurts you, we all need to learn the lesson that our loved ones are humans with feelings too (we take this for granted so often...!).
You deserve as much respect as anyone else in the household! Do take care of yourself - the little things do add up - even if, as you have said, they are innocent and not meant with any malice.
*sends hugs* :)

Thank you xx I think I need to learn to love myself more ... I am so blessed with a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful wonderful children - but I am so hard on myself I am very confident at work. I have climbed the corporate ladder through merit and hard work and mainly in a male dominant environment - so pretty tough and I can stand up and argue my case in front of 20 people confidently ... But I just don't have the se confidence in my body or the way undress (always corporate and black - typical accountant ) I really want to grow in self confidence ... Long journey ahead

Day 29 - so nearly at the 30 day mark. I have lost just over a stone and about 1 dress size. I am contemplating moving to lite? Although to be honest I am not struggling with total. I will probably just take it week by week. My aim is to hopefully start getting some exercice in - once I beat this cold... and see how i feel then.

Nothing else really to report at the moment. hope you all have a good day

Well done dear, it seems like you're doing well!

Though let me pose a question - if you're not struggling, why change something that works? :) Assess it week by week, a transition to Lite would actually be a good idea towards the end - as it reteaches responsibility with portion sizes and before Route to Management!

RTM is good and DEFINITELY must be done, but Lite has a more long lasting effect in my opinion. :)

Hey - yep you are spot on, I don't need to change anything at the moment I am still fully in the zone- so going to take it week by week. I did say when I started that I would do total for 30 days and then move to lite really pleased that i have hit that milestone !! It has got easier for me - I think the test for me will be when I re introduce food and managing quantity ... Maybe I will put that battle on hold for a fewer weeks :)

Day 30 - So hit the 30 day mark. really pleased with my self. A question that i have asked my LLC is do I need to move up the plan as my BMI is now less than 28? does anyone know? I dont want to lose any muscle??

Either way time to sit down and think of some more short term goals....

Hope you all having a fab day

Back