Curvy getting back to feeling good

Lol I mean moving to lite ... This plan is frying my brain cells :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So got up feeling ok... Recovered from yesterdays illness - not sure what it was ..?

I went to group and WI this morning , lost 1.5lbs - I am a bit gutted , but got to keep going ... I got some porridge today as I really could not stomach a shake after yesterday ... It was actually ok ... It's amazing how our taste buds change as the first week I hated it ...

Moving on to lite today so planning my meals for the evening - prob just start with chicken and salad ... The book says that you can have as much veg as you want - but a cereal bowl is about the right amount ... 200 g of protein is also quite a lot ! Oh well going to give it a go and up the gym - trying to keep positive and keep going

Aww hun :( Sorry you didn't get to your under 10st - that's disappointing, but you'll get there next week, you're nearly there!!

As per meal planning - have a look at the Slim & Save meal tracker. Slim & Save is pretty much the same as Lighter Life - I have their packs for dinner as they're so nice (!!).
Go on their website - at the top have a look for 'Meal Planner & Weight Tracker' - do a quick registration and plan your meals away! I think their packs have similar calorie values to substitute your breakfast and lunches - and it will give you a suggested calorie limit per day on 3 packs and a meal. You can stick to the calorie recommendation or up it a bit (as I think Lite may be up to 800 calories per day?).

:hug99:

Thanks Minerva - I will look in to it.

Day 48 - So after having abit of a miserable weekend - with me not losing much I have decided to draw the line and carry on.

I have moved on to lite - so the 3 packs and a meal. I am going to stick with protein and salad until i can get head sorted. i can believe that you eat carrots on the plan - i thought they were too carby... I need to read my lite booklet in a bit more detail but the jist of it I thinkn is about 200g protein and about a cereal bowl of vegtables from a list.

My meal tonight will just be a chicken breast and some cauliflower.

I think that I have knocked myself out of ketosis. i went to a friends house over the weekend and she had some houmous and cucumber - i thought that I would be fine with it... I had literally 2 teaspoons of the hummous... but I felt a bit odd on sunday and when I did a test it was only just pink...

So trying to get myself back in and I think TOTM is approaching so not feeling great - but I need to carry on.. Hopefully this weekend I will be in the 10's !!

on the plus side I did have my measurements done and I have lost about 6inches all over,most of it has come off my waist and legs.... although still a way to go with my legs, but def my clothes feel better and i am wearing clothes that are in my medium range ... i tried on some dresses that I have for the summer, though they fit i still have a bot to go before I will be comfortable in them...

Amyways I hope that you are all fab - and all doing better than me ( I still cant get over my crappy 1lb loss) hopefully with a few more calories it might stop my body holding on so much..... we shall see!!

day 49

So having an ok day so far - I have made myself a salad with some chicken breast for my meal today - i am going to try and have a meal at lunchtime this week.

So had my shake at 7am and just had my bar at 10:30 and will have my salad probably about 1:30 - i know it feels like I have had a lot of my cals early ... but I dont think that I am in ketosis yet, hence I am feeling hungry...

I am going to try and get to the gym tonight (about7:30ish) and then have my final shake after that..

lets see how I do!

Thanks Minerva for showing me the Slim and save website. I must admit i am seriously thinking of moving from LL as it is just so expensive I pay on average £70 a week... not great when you are only losing 1lb a week....

what do you think? I have read that people are raving about the meals - are they real meals? or are they just savoury packs? Really thinking about moving on...

I like your general plan - but I fear you're leaving a gap that is slightly too long in between meals and then going to the gym ... you'll be exhausted and starving :( take care hun, 4-5 hours between food packs is sort of roughly the maximum you should do. :hug99:

Slim&Save is exactly like Lighter Life - 4 packs per day or 3 packs and a meal - packs are nutritionally the same. Meals are the same powdery goodness, they're cheaper, there's more flavours and in my opinion - they taste so much better! My OH likes them a lot. Having said that I'm only referring to the 'dinner' type pack, I don't have cold shakes or bars from either LL or S&S - so I can't comment on them - but people on the other forum love all of the stuff. :)

The only thing you don't get is the counselling sessions and someone to weigh you. I haven't really needed those things so I'm fine with that... But it does confer the responsibility for your weight loss entirely on your own conscience in a way. So have a think about it. :) I'd say - doesn't hurt to give it a try for 2 weeks, if you feel like you're losing a little bit of control - your LLC is always there for you! :D

PLUS - don't feel too gutted about the 1lb loss... When you look around other VLCD dieters - their signatures often have a -1lb in there somewhere! It's normal. :) At least it wasn't a mysterious +1! :D

Day 50 - Hi Minerva , ok I am going to see how I do on say and maybe order a weeks worth from s&s .. I never made it to the gym :-( I felt too rough ... But this morning I feel great I am back in ketosis and I feel much better .
It's my sons birthday today 14 yrs old ... I have taken the day off and I am baking a choc cake !! It does not really bother me as cakes are not my weakness - for me it is crisps and savoury things . We are going to TGI tonight I will have some meat and salad .. I am only going to have 2 packs today as I may go over my meal allowance - I know I shouldn't but this is my first planned meal since I started .. I don't want to go off plan in terms of foods that I am allowed but I may end up eating a bigger portion .. I am not even going to have any birthday cake !!! Not surprising seeing as I know how much sugar and butter has gone in to it :)

WI on Saturday hopefully I will be in the 10's this weekend ..

Day 51 - so yesterday went well the cake was lovely (apparently) and the meal out was lovely - I had some steak, vegtables and green salad. It was way too much food for me. amazingly I would have normally had some chips as well...

Today is going ok - I have had a bar for breakfast and a salad for lunch, I will have shake before the gym and then a hot shake before bed - this might be a better spread then what i was doing before as i think i was leaving too long a gap between packs.

I am going to try and do S&S for 1 week and see how i do with the packs, I will still WI on a sat morning. I think that I have the right mindset to go it without conselling for a week. so lets see how it goes.

Although I have a bit of a confession about my conselling sessions - we are a group of 6 ladies and a few of them have gone through serious traumatic events and is is very intenses at our sessions. I must admit i feel a bit out of place as if I am honest my problems/issues seem so trivial to what these ladies have gone through.. I must admit that I feel exhausted after I come out of the session instead of motivated.. I know it is a horrible thing to say and feel guilty.. So going to give it a break for a week and see how I do..

Have a great day

Hi All - So I have made my first order for S&S - I have gone for shakes, porridge and bars - i really do not like the meals on LL so have avoided them - but I did get 1 spicy spagetti to try.

I have also asked to have my diary moved to S&S.. thats where you will find me if you wish to keep in touch ( once I figure out how to get your diary moved)

Good luck curvy! You have done so well with LL and I'm sure it will be the same with slim and save. Sorry to loose you to their forum :( But it makes sense. I'm keeping going with LL at the mo but have Been looking at slim and save for maybe in a month or so xx

Ditto! I hope s&s goes well for you as I'm thinking of moving to there as well once I complete my 12 weeks with LL. I have worked out I will not have reached my target weight so have been thinking of S&S for the final part and maintenance.

Thanks ladies - I will def pop back and keep in touch ... Keep going strong x

Hey - thanks for moving my diary ... Moving to Slim and save on Monday after 50 days in lighter life ...

So at WI today I have finally hit the 10's - 2lbs down for the week and I am 10st 13lbs...

I have bought some slim noodles /rice to give them a go maybe in a few weeks.. I ordered 1 weeks worth of slim and save products - mostly shakes and bars ...

Hope everyone is having great day

Hi curvy - well done!! You're officially a 10st-er!! :D

You can go ahead and have some zero-noodles - they aren't going to affect your weight loss. :) Stick to half a pack per day as they can clog you up if you have too much. But with the right amount, they will get things moving!
It's a shame you didn't order some dinner packs from S&S - they are wonderful. LL packs are rather pukey compared to S&S!

By the way - how did you get your diary moved? I really wanted mine to go from LL forums to here as well :)

Aww thanks xxx Minerva I PM Starlight and she kindly moved it for me x

Suziesue - still right here !!! Not leaving at all x will be checking in on the LL frequently x

Minerva - I will give the meals ago on my next order - a lot of people are saying they are loads better than LL.. Prob give the noodles a go in Friday xxx

Morning ll you beautiful people. So not sure what day I am on? But anyway up early this morning to watch the India

Back