Cutting down portion sizes are you reach target??

Bubbles1984

Silver Member
No one has ever told me to do this but could this be why im really struggling to lose this final stone??

I eat a lot of fruit (thats pretty much all i snack on) and i try and not have massive "free" meals and make sure i have my 1/3 super free with each meal but maybe im just eating too much now im no longer as big as i used to be?? If i get another STS im going to flip!!!!! xx

Fruit is quite high in sugars, maybe swap fruit for veg like cucumber, celery and carrot sticks to nibble on? Also try and have superspeed lots, as they are the lowest cal options. It could be portions though.

Do you follow extra easy? Maybe try red, to limit your carbs? Up your superfree to half the plate?

Hope you manage to lose this week

xxx

No one has ever told me to do this but could this be why im really struggling to lose this final stone??

I eat a lot of fruit (thats pretty much all i snack on) and i try and not have massive "free" meals and make sure i have my 1/3 super free with each meal but maybe im just eating too much now im no longer as big as i used to be?? If i get another STS im going to flip!!!!! xx

Maybe you could swap some of the fruit for raw veggies like Carrot sticks? They would achieve the same result (fill you up) for far less calories.

I would also recommend putting oyur dinner on a smaller plate. You can always go back for seconds if you are hungry.

The whole portion control thing is the bit I always struggle with to be honest.

Hope you get the loss you want this week x

BTW- You look fab!

Sorry I can't offer any advice as still have a way to go but just wanted to say your before and after photos are fab!!! :)

A lady in my group said the other week that she was on the last stone and had hit a plateau. My consultant suggested she "flip her plate" and do 2/3 superfree and 1/3 free for each meal to give it a kickstart. Hope this helps xx

This happened to me too just before I reached target, I was getting just that little half loss week after week, a few sts as well. My consultant suggested cutting my syns to just 5 a day, but still having them as they are part of the plan. Guess what, I got there! Hope this helps

For me, portion size is critical now! I'd like to lose another stone but have been more or less maintaining on SW for months. I have now joined WW in a bid to teach me portion control but am feeling mighty deprived at the moment so I need to decide if it's more important to lose this last bit and cut down on what I eat or to stay as I am.

Your pics look amazing btw - do you even have another stone to go or have you set your target too low?!

yes your after picture is fab! congratulation on your progress so far. I am having exactly the same problem, i have 1st to go and it wont budge i eat lots and lots, all free and super free so i am beginning to think reducing portion size might be worth heading towards, i know its not on plan but it just kind of makes sense at this stage i think

Ive often thought about cutting my portion sizes down, i never eat until im stuffed but i do have plate fulls i am beginning to wonder whether my big appetite is getting in the way! :)

Awww thank you :) and I do have another stone to go...my
Bmi
Is only JUST healthy :( damn me being so short!!!! Ive eaten smaller portions this last few days and less fruit....weigh in tomorrow...eeek!! Even a 0.5 loss would be nice!!!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling!!!xx

I too am weighing out my pasta, one slice bread rather than two etc. Will try carrot sticks this week as well. Good luck, keep us posted

WOW bubbles your before and after pictures are amazing to see! You look amazing now weldone!
I too cannot comment but i have often thought my portion sizes are too big and after reading this will be using a smaller plate!

Good Luck on getting that final target
xx

This happened to me before I reached target, I was at my last tether and was thinking about reducing my portion sizes when suddenly the weight started coming off again! If you feel like you need to reduce your portions go ahead, but personally I'm glad I didn't start reducing mine, I love my food and my big meals

bond-girl said:
I have often wondered this is there portion control in slimming world and should we eventually reduce our portions?

The portion control is the superfree aspect of EE, but also the fact you are told to only eat until satisfied :) x

I have a similar problem! I have 17 pounds to lose and have yo yo'd since last September - am not eating any differently and its so frustrating!
I swapped from EE to Original for 3 weeks and it gave me a bit of a boost, but have gone back to EE as I love that plan so much and it fits in with the family. Good luck - you are looking fantastic by the way x

I have 5 lb to lose and been the same for 3 weeks! going to try the red plan for a few days to kick me in gear...if I stay the same again I will flip!! It helped by reading your success...thank you

Back