CWP, Ketosis and other diets

sammyzip50

Silver Member
HI All,

I've been reading around other diets that put you into ketosis and they allow fruit teas and coke zero. These diets claim that this doesn't knock you out of ketosis. What's the story then with CWP?

Also technically if ketosis is about the carbs why can you only have 3/4 shakes depending on your height etc? The other diets don't have capped calories but still your in ketosis?

Would be interested in your opinions..

Thanks

I think that CWP is a VLCD that is also ketogenic. It relies more on the very low cal aspect rather than the ketosis for you to loose weight. The ketosis is a plus as it stops you from feeling so hungry... :D

Diets such as Atkins where you can eat more calories are stricter than VLCDs in terms of daily carb intake. They also offer a much slower rate of weight loss.

VLCDs work by reducing both carbs and calories - a ketogenic double-whammy!

[FONT=&quot]The only thing that does confuse me about Cambridge (not sure about the others) is the carb content is quite high, atkins says you should be on 15-20g of carbs a day to go into ketosis and stay there yet CWP the packs have like 15g per pack and most of its sugar? And im on 4 a day so that’s 60g?! I do always feel a bit hungry as well so not convinced im in it yet done over a week and don’t touch the bars at all. Not saying it doesnt work just find it bit confusing that its so much higher than other low carb diets recommend!
[/FONT]

Ok thanks I have done them all and generally find any low carb ones work best for me but this one was fastest years ago! I've tried & failed a few times at it but back giving it another go! Your right the hunger I feel probably is psychological and I'm just not used to not feeling full all the time!! :)

To be honest if people are looking for a VLCD but want to keep things like fizzy in etc then really you have to ask - is your head really in it? To pay such a large amount of money for something to then have things that aren't really allowed doesn't really make much sense.

I certainly wouldnt say that having the occasional coke zero means my head isnt in it and Im not totally focused on sticking to my VLCD. As someone who really cant stand drinking large quantities of water having a can of coke zero every now and again is a welcome break and doesnt mean Im any less serious about my diet than someone who drinks nothing but plain water

I certainly wouldnt say that having the occasional coke zero means my head isnt in it and Im not totally focused on sticking to my VLCD. As someone who really cant stand drinking large quantities of water having a can of coke zero every now and again is a welcome break and doesnt mean Im any less serious about my diet than someone who drinks nothing but plain water

totally agree if having the odd can helps me stick to it id much rather do that than stick to water constantly and then come off the plan by eating loads of carbs and god knows what else! even if it slowed my weight loss down very slightly id rather that and feel comfortable and not miserable! i have a skinny latte sometimes which some people say i shouldnt but its like a treat for me and i add a tiny tiny splash of sugar free flavour to it, ok not technically allowed but it helps me stick to the diet so im going to have it!

Back