D*mn it, I ~DID~ fit in my dress!!!!! :o) I'm now married!! Report & pics included!

Another 2lb off this week, am really happy with that considering I lost 7lb last week!!

Would love to lose an average of 3lb a week now until the wedding, would be another 10.5lb off which would take me down to about 10.5 stone..

Managed to take hamish for two walks yesterday - admittedly the second one was only for 20 minutes but he enjoyed it enough - and the walking is good physio.. Really needed to rest though when I got home!!

We sorted all the church flowers out yesterday, the lady who does all the church flowers is kindly doing them all for us and, bless her, she's not charging.. I will be donating all the sunflowers, fingers crossed they flower in time!!

Had another hot chocolate for breakfast, thinking that's going to be a staple part of this diet for me now, it's absolutely gorgeous!!

Off to physio now!

I go to try my dress on again tomorrow, so excited!!! Hoping it's come in more, I've lost 4-5lb since I last tried it on so fingers crossed it will!!

Am starting to struggle a little in the evenings - getting a little "jealous" of h2b being able to eat proper meals!!!! Am looking forward to going up to the 1000 plan for the week before the wedding - only 2 more weeks til then!! :)

In the meanwhile my water consumption is doing a good job of shutting up the chatterboxes telling me to eat... ;)

Went shopping today for shoes for my MOH - all the big shops in the city near me you'd expect to sell bridal shoes have stopped!! Debenhams have stopped, as have BHS... So we're off out to a bridal shop about 20 miles away from here where my MOH's sister in law got her wedding dress - she was MOH for her too and that was where she got her shoes from.. Luckily she keeps them in stock instead of having to order so we'll be able to take them away.. Then first proper fitting on the 20th...

AND IT'S MY HEN DO ON SATURDAY!!!!!!! I want to lose another 3lb by then, I feel happy in a bikini at 11st (well, not happy, but not unhappy! ;) ) and then that will be another minigoal turned green!!

I had my hen day yesterday, it was the most wonderful day - everyone had a really really good time..

We went up to a spa in Newport called Celtic Manor, would highly highly recommend it if anyone is looking for a hen day!! We had people coming from all over, cornwall, devon, gloucestershire, wiltshire, surrey, sussex, london and everyone got there with ease - really good access...

The day started with everyone being given really lovely dressing gowns (pink, hooded, really warm and comfy.. Mine even had Bride embroidered on it which I honestly hadn't expected!) and everyone being served champagne and mini muffins while filling in registration forms..

4 of us then went and had a mud ritual, was so much fun - started off with exfoliating then we had three different types of mud, one for your face, one for your hair and one for your body.. We then sat in heated seats for about half an hour before the ceiling (which was domed with "stars" (tiny spotlights) in it) started "raining", was really relxed by the time we came out of there...

The next group then had their mud treatment while we just sat and chilled out.. Meanwhile my mother and h2b's mother both had a dry floatation - you were wrapped in a waterproof blanket and then lowered into water, while having a head massage..

Then we had lunch which was lovely, salads to start with, chicken or salmon for lunch and a really lovely tiramisu type pud..

After lunch we all had a massage - when I booked it, I thought it was a back, neck and shoulder massage - it turned out to be a full body massage.. Heaven.... The spa had lots of lovely little touches - one of which was coming out of that massage and being given a really lovely fresh mango sorbet..

People then just chilled out in the pool, jacuzzi or sauna..

After that we wanted to grab a quick bite to eat before everyone went back - we'd asked at the spa where people recommended.. Off we went to the pub they suggested - but it was awful!!!! We got there at 5.20, ordered some drinks and then some food - wanted some combos and then some main courses.. Not too hard you'd think... So 20 min later three jacket spuds arrive, one of which was cold.. So the manager comes over and they get sent back and we wait for the combos (while having a free round of drinks as an apology for already having waited nearly half an hour..) Eventually we get the combos which aren't amazing but are ok.. It then gets to ten to seven (so we've been there for an hour and a half) and the manager comes back again.. She promises the main meals will be out within 2 seconds.. 10 minutes later she says it will be 5 more minutes.. (So now it's 7pm). When it gets to quarter past we've just about had enough - especially considering some people's trains were going at 7.39... However, 2 plates suddenly arrive and they actually look ok! Scampi and chips and enchiladas... Then two more arrive - steak (mine) and pasta.. The enchiladas were soft, soggy and stodgy.. The pasta sauce was thick, floury and gloupy.. Oh - and my steak? It tasted of blue cheese - really really off... At this point the manager (who, in all credit to her, was lovely) couldn't be more apologetic and refunded everyone for all their meals and everyone left, hungry but laughing at the absolute farce that was that pub meal!!! In the end we just drove straight back home (all 150 miles) without stopping and had something to eat when we got back...

Yesterday was wonderful for something else too, I'd worked really hard on planning that hen day - subsequently the day looked after itself. Everyone had a wonderful time and the things that went wrong didn't matter... I'm thinking the wedding day will be the same too and it's put a lot of things into perspective.. Am feeling much much much more chilled out now as a result!!

I still need to get rid of that last inch before the wedding but am hitting the sole source today, have had 2 tetras - one more to go.. I dont feel hungry actually - honestly expected I would (but then having said that my tummy hasn't been the best today, thank god I only had a mouthful of that steak - anymore I think would have made me quite poorly!!)..

20 more days to go!!!!

Everyone had such a lovely time yesterday and it was so so good to see everyone again... Only disappointing thing was my mother's camera managed to wipe all the photos she took - I desperately wanted a group one and luckily another person took the photo of the group together.. So at least we still have one photo!! Will post that up as soon as I get it!

One day of SS down! 19 more to go!!!! (Although need to check with my cdc on friday as to when I have to stop SSing as my BMI is now 26.1!) Have had one tetra today so far and 2 litres of water and a can of coke zero.. Dont feel too bad so far, looking forward to being back in ketosis and watching the pounds melt away again!!

One thing I didn't mention yesterday was we've had to change the hairdressers, I phoned the salon last friday to ask whether I could add someone on the list of having their hair done - turns out the poor girl is off with really serious stress.. Now with 10 years of nursing experience I know full well you can't put a time on when someone with stress is going to be back at work - and I didn't really want to be in a position in two weeks time of having no one to do my hair and, as there would only be 5 days to go, not being able to find anyone to do all the hair.. So I started ringing round salons, the first one was really snooty with me and reminded me that it was the most popular date for weddings and hadn't I thought about booking a hairdresser more than 3 weeks before the wedding - er yes, I'd booked one over a year before hand but she's off sick thank you very much!!! The second one were more friendly but all three of their stylists who do bridal hair were already booked out.. The third one was the same story... By the time I rang the fourth one I was in tears (jeez, I was a stressed little bunny last week!!) and the manager, bless her, took pity on me - it's her day off but she's coming in... Such a lovely gesture and kind considering she didn't have to put herself out.. So off for a trial on Wednesday to see what it all looks like! I then rang back the other salon to cancel and the manager was so rude - she was shouting down the phone at me simply because I asked for her to refund me for the two hair trials I'd had being as I was now having to pay £30 for another hair appointment through no fault of my own) - she was basically saying "how dare you expect a hairdresser to stand there and give up an hour of her time and then refund you for it" er hello, I wasn't expecting that, I just felt it wasn't my fault I was having to pay for a new hair trial... "That's not my problem" came back the reply... (Nice managerial school she went to). I replied saying
Me: well it kinda is, it's not my choosing to cancel, I'm having to cancel
Manager: hang on, I've never said I cant do it
Me: so is there someone in the salon who can do bridal hair
Manager: No, you'd have to go to ********* (Insert town 20 miles away)
Me: I'm getting married in ********* (insert my town), why would I want to go all that way on my wedding day? Is there anyone who can come to the hotel to do all our hair
Manager: No
Me: Then you can't fulfil the booking you had taken thereby leaving me no choice but to cancel. Thereby meaning I have to pay for a new hairtrial. It would have been nice as a company for you to recognise that.

At that point she just went mental and was really shouting at me - really shouting. She was just talking over me... I told her I would be writing a really strong letter of complaint to her and to the local paper - her reply was basically "You do that, I dont care ~what~ you do"

I came off the phone and burst into tears.. I have never been spoken to like that from a manager of a business, as a nurse or midwife if I spoke to a relative like that I would have been sacked on the spot, no questions asked. You do not speak to clients like that, you just dont... Even if they're being so so so agressive (which I wasn't! I was cross but I only raised my voice when she really raised her voice to me)

There was no apology, nothing.. They wouldn't even have let me know - I only found out because I happened to ring to ask to book my aunt in......

I so needed my hen day after that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really looking forward to my new hair trial and think it will be quite a lot of fun actually, the manager made it sound as if they'll get quite a good atmosphere going in the hairdressers on the morning!!! Shame on the original hairdresser though, she's really lovely and it will be a lot of money she's lost through not doing the wedding (she's self employed) and also through subsequent appointments, I'm never going back to that salon again after the way the manager spoke to me!!

Just goes to show, you can plan and plan - things still change at the last minute!!!!

Going to start the table plan later........... Any tips considering we have 112 people to arrange on tables?!?!?!?!

Have managed two days of SS, nearly 3 including today!! I'm finding it easier this time, I dont know why.. I know I've chilled out a lot and taken the attitude now of "what will be will be and I'm not worrying about it anymore, it's not worth it and people WILL have a good day!!!"

Scales were nice this morning too!! Wont be long now before I see 10st something, am really looking forward to that!!

Just had a try through my wardrobe and got rid of loads of things - but I can fit back in size 12 clothes again! I can even get all my old 10 jeans to do up (couldnt get past thighs when I started) but there is still a considerable muffin top to lose yet.. ;) But hey, I reckon the way I'm going I'll possibly be in them even by the wedding!!

18 days to go, wooooo!!!! Am so excited now!! Spent yesterday doing the table plan and finished it in five minutes thinking "that was too easy.." Checked back through to find a couple I'd missed off and no where to put them!! Aaaaargh!! Took a while to rejig it all but sorted now!! However, since then it's been rearranged 3 times as either someone has wanted to sit with another group or people haven't wanted to sit somewhere - but all able to be altered at the moment!! In a weeks time there wont be that chance!!

Right, off to cook h2b a big chicken and veg risotto which I can then freeze and make him sick of it by the wedding by defrosting some each day... ;) Am so looking forward to the meal the night before the wedding, will be lovely to eat food again!!!

hello

Hi sunflowerbride.

I have been reading your threads, if you dont mind. I find it very inspiring. I am getting married Sept 7th, in spain and i need to lose a stone by mid july for my dress fitting. I am on day 5 of ss and determined to do this but it is extremely hard. You have done sooooo well. I am also very excited for you that your wedding is so close. Can not wait for your dress pics.

:( Nobody calls me an inspiration!
SOB!
Thought I'd check in on your epic novel ;)

Hi sunflowerbride.

I have been reading your threads, if you dont mind. I find it very inspiring. I am getting married Sept 7th, in spain and i need to lose a stone by mid july for my dress fitting. I am on day 5 of ss and determined to do this but it is extremely hard. You have done sooooo well. I am also very excited for you that your wedding is so close. Can not wait for your dress pics.

Hiya wanty, thank you, that means so much.. I started this thread because I was so inspired by another bride - it's nice to think I've inspired someone in return!!

Yesh, it is hard, there's no denying that.. But hang on in there babe, I've lost so much over the last 9 weeks and feel amazing for it.. That feeling is worth going through any tough times with the diet at the beginning!! I bet you'll lose that stone with ease by mid july, good luck!!!

ps - if you look back through the thread there are links to my dress pics on here already, you can see the progress from when I started cd to now!

:( Nobody calls me an inspiration!
SOB!
Thought I'd check in on your epic novel ;)

Blimey o reilley would you stop MOANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Besides, if you'd read the cd thread on c*nfetti then you'd know I'd called you an inspiration in there - it was you who inspired me to do this diet in the first place missy!!!

:D Epic novel!!!! It's shorter than yours - does that make yours the wedding equiv to War and Peace? ;)

Now go back to planning your fugly tables... :D :p

Well, I weighed myself this morning - I'm 11st 0.4lb!!!

I'm so close to being in the 10s!!!!!! (WILL BE by tomorrow!) That now means I've lost 23.6lb, am so pleased by that..... Not so far away from the two stone mark - and then that will be another goal turned green!! Then I'll just have the last one - to fit in my dress!! Off to try it on again tomorrow, really hope it nearly fits now! *fingers crossed*

10 stone 13.6lb....

10 stone 13.6lb....

10 stone 13.6lb....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:D

I'm back in the 10s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am so happy about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that's now 24.4lbs off!!! Have 16 days to lose anything between 6 and 9 pounds - so that's an average now of 2.5lb and 3.5lb a week loss and that is VERY acheiveable!!! I think to get completely to target is a bit mad (that would be 13.5lb in 16 days!!!) and, ironically, I'm not sure if my dress would let me go that small!!

Talking of which, am off to try it on again at 11 - fingers crossed it will be a little nearer to doing up!!! (Not hoping for actually fitting yet - but getting nearer would be great!)

Have a horrid sore throat at the moment and an earache - I never get ear aches (ever!) and, if I hadn't had my tonsils out, I would swear I was getting tonsilitis, it's that same horrible someone has stuck a really hot poker blade in my throat kinda pain... :( But hey, nevermind!

I had my hair trial yesterday too with the new hairdressers! She's so nice! Turns out she's also the mum to one of the barman in our local, we get on really well with him and he adores our dog.. Small world!! Funny though how two people can take the same picture and come up with two different interpretations of it - I liked both the original hairdresser's style and the one yesterday, I think on the day I might ask her to do something in between!!

Will post new pics of my dress later - am 4.5lb lighter than when I last tried it on, fingers crossed!!

Thanks tricia.. He loves it - but he loved me just as much when I was bigger.. As he said this morning, it's not that I prefer you slimmer - but I prefer you liking what you see in the mirror a bit more!! I was 10st 10lb when we got together so he's seen me this slim before!

View Photo

(Link to the first photo, scroll through to number 7 for todays.. Then onwards for more after that!!)

Well, I went to the bridal shop - and my dress did up for the first time!!!!!! And I absolutely love it!! It looks even more beautiful now than when it first arrived in, I honestly cant wait to wear it on the day now!!

What is nice is I still have room to lose another half a stone before the day - that will only make the dress look nicer.. But what is a huge relief is I dont ~have~ to lose that weight - if I had to wear the dress tomorrow then I could..

I was bouncing around town with such a big grin on my face afterwards!!!!

One thing which I am looking forward to is showing h2b all these pics after the day, he knows I've had a bit of a mammoth task slimming in to my dress - but I dont think he appreciates how much, will be interesting to see his reaction!!!

So that's me OFF ss now, I've moved up to 790.. I'll then go up to the 1000 plan the week before the wedding so that the honeymoon isn't such a shock in terms of carbs!!! If I can still lose another half a stone over that time then great - but panic over!!!!!!!!

:D

I went to see my cdc yesterday, was nice to catch up with her again! I bought some mixamousse though - tried to make it with a tetra but, after 10 minutes, h2b came upstairs in hysterics asking what the thing in the fridge was that resembled an extra out of Doctor Who?!?! It was, in all honesty, a very good description!!!!!!! Needless to say, I didnt eat it!!!!!!!!! Dont know where I went wrong, if anyone has any tips that would be great! I whisked it for ages too!!!

We also (cdc and I) decided yesterday that I'm going to go up to the 1000 plan next week.. Now my dress fits it's such a relief - and I can start working my way up through the plans a little now!

I am really starting to feel the difference now - and someone I saw last night (who I haven't seen for a couple of weeks) was amazed when she saw me - nice to think that people can really see a difference now!! Just hope I can lose that last half a stone over the next two weeks!!!

Ahh, thank you Irene, that's really kind of you!

xx

10st 11.6lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to update my ticker tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only got 1.6lb more to go before my bmi is NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h2b came home last night, I went downstairs wearing just a vest top and a pair of jeans - h2b was like "WOW!!! You can REALLY see how slim you are now, you're gorgeous!!!" Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...... :D

I can really feel a difference now!!!!

I did a ketostix yesterday - didn't really turn pink... Probably due to the fact I'd been picking raspberries in the garden and had eaten one completely without thinking.. You know how it is when you're picking fruit - one for the basket, one for me... Did it completely without thinking and it was only when I was thinking "wow, this is GORGEOUS" that I realised what I'd done, I was so cross with myself!!!!!!!!!!! But have found a couple of urine sticks from when I was out on communitity placements as a midwife - this morning I'm firmly back in ketosis again!!

Am going to try making another mousse today too, will put a tetra in the fridge to make it nice and cold first!!!

Only 2 days til I try my dress on again, I'm 2.5lb lighter (!) than when I last tried it on 3 days ago - am hoping that I can lose another half a pound over the next 2 days so that I'll be 3lb lighter! :)

well done you

Hi Sunflower bride,

I am so happy for you, you have and are doing so well. Those comments from h2b must have made you feel good, but you deserve them. You have less than 2 weeks till your wedding you must be so excited......YOU HAVE IT ON SUCH A LUCKY DAY ......07/07/07. Its the same day as my hen party. Then i am getting married exacly 2 months after you.

:bliss:

Back