D*mn it, I ~DID~ fit in my dress!!!!! :o) I'm now married!! Report & pics included!

Thanks Pix.. It was actually the peanut one I tried!!! Glad you're getting on well with the shakes!!

Well yesterday was lovely, I managed a longer day at work than I had before - I was working 7.30 til 4.30 (previously I'd been going at 3.30) and, as much as it was a struggle come the end, I did ok! So that was good... Then we went to a friend's wedding in the evening, she'd done the same as me - her dress (deliberately) was 3 sizes to small and she slimmed into it.. She looked absolutely beautiful, really brought tears to my eyes when I saw her.. It made h2b and I so excited - that's going to be us in 6 weeks!! (Well, just under that now!)

Today's going to be a bit mad but will do my best with CD.. The friend we're having round this evening wont like the diet at all, I'm not even going to mention it.. Will just cook something nice and healthy for supper, not drink (just say that we're cutting out alcohol now etc for when we try for a baby after the wedding) but I know I'll probably end up having to have a slice of birthday cake, especially as I've made it... Think I might just have a small piece but then only have half... Paul and I can't think how we could get round it without seeming rude - mad isn't it how I'm almost being "forced" to eat cake out of politeness - but to who??!!!!!! Ah well.... My friends (admittedly, very sensible) approach is that one piece of cake wont hurt if you're being sensible overall.. Which, if I were on WW or SW or something then yes, I could agree with that - but just not on SS!!

We're also off to hear our banns being read for the first time this morning - well, I say we - h2b is meant to be running a half marathon but the weather outside is beyond hideous and, if I were actually running at the moment, I think even I'd be handing back my place (which is sat in the study... :( ) I dont mind it raining once I'm out running - but to be standing around at the start in pouring rain - there's only so much a black bin bag can do to keep you warm and dry!!! So wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't run after all..

One day til SS!!

Going to see how it goes, going to the wedding last night inspired me so much that, if I can, I might SS until a couple of weeks before the wedding.. That would be 4 weeks (with just one day "off" as such for my hen night, but would do the 1000 plan for that day as would have 2 meals)

Roll on tomorrow!!

Hows it goin???

Yesterday? Oooooooooooooooh, I was bad....................... And now have such a thick head to prove it.... Honestly, I've never had a hang over in my life but I certainly have one this morning... :( Am quite glad I'm starting SS today, I dont think I could face food for a week anyway!!!!!!!

Right, day one of SS coming up!!!! Am really looking forward to seeing the numbers on the scales falling down this week, can see my diary starting to fill up though!!

Not at all hungry yet so am going to wait a while before having my first pack, may well go back to bed for a while actually - woke up at 5 with a hangover and really should get some more sleep but was wide awake then, typically!! Our chickens had got disturbed by a pheasant and they were then clucking loudly for ages.. Bless them, not!!!

OK, will report back later how it's going!

Ok, 4 hours on and I'm still doing good!! I went back up to bed after I wrote that and fell asleep again immediately for another couple of hours, when I woke up I felt as fresh as a daisy - not sure if it was maybe tiredness rather than a hangover??!!

I'm supping away on my water, have had one pack so far.. 2 more to go!! Not feeling hungry or light headed yet... Have also found a couple of ketostix my cdc gave me which is really handy, will use those in 3 or so days time to see whether I'm in ketosis yet.. Was strange making up my banana shake for brekkie with water - I always make that one up with milk (that you can have on the 1000 plan) but it tasted ok!

I also weighed myself, I've managed to put 3lb on this week - and with what we ate last night I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't go up by another half a pound tomorrow too - maybe the SS will stop that from happening, hope so!!

Ah well, keeping going!!!

*toddles off to get another pint of water*

Did your bloke do the half marathon??????
my ex and his sister were supposed to be doing it but they didnt train enough......rofl

Hope you feel brighter soon.

Hiya, yes he did - despite having a sore foot he did a really good time of 2:15.. He was aiming for sub 2 but I think he was pleased with it!! Medal hanging up with the others, I'm on catch up now as I'm one half behind and will not be doing the torbay half either so will be two behind by the time we get married!!

Have just made h2b some cheese on toast for lunch (he's recovering from a tough half marathon yesterday and there's something about needing cheese on toast the next day, we always crave it!) so have just made some - and I didn't have any.. Not a crumb of cheese or toast!! Just poured myself another pint of water and drank away!!

Well, it's 6pm... h2b has gone to work (until 1.30am, he's got really rotten shifts this week..) and I managed to cook him some spag bol and, again, not eat any of it!!

I dont actually feel hungry - I really thought I would today.. Does that come tomorrow?? I still have one pack left (which I'm aiming to have about 8ish).. I've drunk 6 pints today - so 2 left to go..

By all accounts today hasn't been too bad - but I'm aware I've been off today and therefore that's made it a bit easier, when I'm rushing around at work it might be a bit harder.. But I've got a study day tomorrow and then I'm not in again until Friday - by which point I should hopefully be well and truly into ketosis and finding it easier!!

Fingers crossed!!

Well I've just had my last pack and I have one more glass of water and then I'm done for the day!!

Feels strange not eating - I went into the kitchen just before I made up my shake and went to the fridge to start making some supper - luckily I remembered as soon as I opened the door and shut it again!! Makes you wonder how much of eating is sheer habit rather than needing to.....

But I feel pretty good so hopefully tomorrow will be as, well - I want to say easy to get through but today hasn't exactly been easy.. Acheivable - that's better!! So, hopefully tomorrow will be as acheiveable and I'll soon be in ketosis!! Is it worth me doing a stick tomorrow? I only have 2 sticks left.. Might see if I can buy some somewhere, I seem to remember my cdc doesn't normally sell them.. She's lovely though and really helpful so maybe she'd get some if I asked..... Might ask her when I next see her!

Ahhhhh, h2b has just phoned - he's coming home!!! Yay!! Am so pleased, wasn't looking forward to going to bed alone tonight!!!

Thanks Pix!!

Good luck to you too babe!

xx

Well, now on day 2 of SS!

Went to bed feeling fine last night, little bit nauseous (was wondering if that's the start of carb withdrawel?) but otherwise fine! I was amazed I didn't feel hungry!!

This morning I'm pretty good, dont have the whole manky mouth thing going on yet so might not be in ketosis, but 24 hours is maybe a little bit hopeful...!!

I've got a study day today so will be a bit of a challenge in that the person who is lecturing always brings in the most yummy homemade cakes.. I didn't have any for weeks as I'd given up cakes/biscuits/chocolates/crisps/sweets in work for lent (and there are a lot of them, I work in neonatal ICU and parents are overwhelmingly kind when they can finally take their babies home!) so for lent at least it wasn't a problem to ignore the cakes.. I think I'll just say that the wedding is only 6 weeks away now so I don't want to eat cake..

Otherewise, it should be a good day hopefully!

:)

Well today's been ok, I had a horrible taste appear in my mouth about an hour into my study day - guess that's ketosis!! Was really worried though and got some sugar free wrigleys "mints", had one and the taste went - but it hasn't come back.. And I was hungry all afternoon - have I knocked myself straight back out of ketosis again?

Have had all my packs today now (just finished my third one!) and have drunk 3.5 litres so far, just one more pint to go! Must admit the shakes aren't as bad just made with water as I imagined.. Having said that, I really do prefer the chocolate tetras to the chocolate packs, think I'll be swapping all my chocolate ones over next tuesday!!!

Managed to resist all the sweets etc at work, was really pleased!! Mind you, have got to cook h2b's supper now so that's going to be tough - I asked him what he wanted and said I'd cook anything as long as it was something I could cook about 6 portions of and freeze some.. So he asked for a sausage, bacon and bean casserole.. Which is fine but lying in bed last night the one meal I thought I was likely to miss until I get to target is that one!!!!!! And now I have to cook it!!!!!!!! It's more beans and veg than sausage but it's sooooooo gorgeous, we love it.. Eat it loads in winter in front of the fire with a glass of red wine and a good movie!! So will drag myself off to the kitchen in a minute and make that - with a glass or two of water to keep me company!!

HELEN!
Do you want giant rolls to grow on your belly in the next 5 weeks?
Thats what will happen to you!
Your dress is so gorgeous on you now don't spoil it! :p

lol.....

No Pix, I dont want that!!!!!!!!

Dont worry, am snuggled on the sofa with h2b watching an old Dr Who on BBC4.. Cheerfully ignoring food!!!

Might have a fairly early night too, my knee is really sore today as we had a study day.. At least I can't eat if I'm asleep!!!!!! lol

Well, I managed it!! I went to bed about quarter to ten, read a magazine for a while in the end but fell asleep after about 20 minutes.. Which meant I had stuck to my three packs and lots of water!!!!

Roll on day 3....

I've decided I'm going to keep SSing until my hen day which is on the 16th June, that means I'll be SSing for 20 days now rather than 2 weeks!! I'm also going to book my first "official" dress fitting with the seamstriss on the 26th of June so may well carry on SSing after I get back from the hen day, maybe move up to the 790 plan there, not sure... I know I'd only be able to do it for another 8 days before I had to AAM, that would take me up to the 24th June (well 25th technically as I would have an AAM day (well 2 actually!) on my hen day...) and then start 790ing on the 26th... You know, I'm going to do that... That's my plan..

SS until the 16th..
Hen day on the 16th June (which will involve a "light" lunch (as said by the spa) and then a pub meal in the evening (which I'll order off menu and have a chicken salad)
SS until the 25th June
790 plan and Dress fitting on the 26th June
1000 plan and final dress fitting on 2nd July
Look gorgeous and get married on the 7th July!!!

I haven't had my first pack yet, will be in a minute though.. Have had a pint of water already, 7 to go!!

*wanders off to get second pint of water of the day*

:D

:D

Thank you Pix!!

Had a good day although feel like I've got horrendous PMT!!! I spoke to my CDC on the way back home, she was so lovely... I'm going to swap all my chocolate shakes for the tetras tomorrow, will make it a lot easier for me!!

I've had my last pack, have got another pint and a half of water to go and I dont feel too bad at the moment, am going to settle down and watch BB later so that will be good distraction therapy!!!

Off to try my dress on again tomorrow!!!!! I'm going to take my hoop in with some net added to see if that poofs it out more, it's nice as it is but I wouldn't mind it being just a little bigger.. Not massively so, just a little bit!

So am going to be sitting there with a needle and thread tonight sewing net onto my hoop!!!!!! Think will just sew one layer on and safety pin the other layer on so that if it's too much I can take one layer out and see which I prefer!

:drool: Mmm the choccie tetras are lovely
Im gonna try and make ice cream with it tmo tho but I love just drinking it in the morning yum yum!
Don't forget to get me some piccies of your fitting!
I dunno whether to put a hoop in my dress or not...

Back