Da Vinci SF Syrups, OMG!!!

slimdreamer

Thought I would share my delight. :D

I placed an order on the Low Carb Megastore site (highly recommended) Monday and received it this morning. I thought I deserved to treat myself and make Christmas a little tastier and easier.

I have only tried the Macadamia nut Da Vinci syrup so far but all I can say is WOW!! It is fantastic. I just mixed a little in my Total Greek yogurt and it is divine.

I ordered quite a few different flavours so can't wait to try them out. They were out of stock on a few I would have liked to order so will definitely be ordering more! I also bought caramel sauce, strawberry sauce, sf maple syrup, shirataki noodles, bread crumbs to coat chicken, shrimp etc.. All no calories, no carbs!

Christmas is definitely looking brighter and more Dukan friendly. :cheers:

I can highly recommend the shirataki noodles - I think they're brilliant! I got a mail order of them from the USA in the summer, along with some Shirataki fettucini and some S rice, and they really helped with the PP days when I wanted something to 'go with' a sauce and whatever it was I was having.

The only thing you need to do is to make sure you rinse them properly, as when they come out of their packet the smell is a little odd! They don't need much cooking - I boiled them for about 2 or 3 mins. They don't freeze, but they keep very well in the fridge - still got some left.

Toasted Marshmallow! That was one of the ones they were out of. I will order along with Praline and a few others I can't think of at the moment!! They really are yum!

Supertonic, I bought some of the noodles a few weeks back at the Japanese centre and fell in love with them! I haven't tried the other types like rice so will have to try to order some of those in the future.

The only negative I can see with them is that they are very wet. As you say they do need a good rincing. When putting a sauce on them a lot of water can accumulate on the plate.

I just heat mine up in the microwave for a few minutes and then try my best to drain them even more and dry them off with paper towels. But I LOVE them.

I make a very rich spaghetti bolognese with loads of 5% mince, passatta, tomato concentrate, loads of caramelised onions, mushrooms etc.. It is just delicious and the noodles really make it feel so sinful!!

By the way, do you think it is necessarry to store them in the refrigerator? I have mine in there now but I stupidly didn't put the first ones in the fridge for a few weeks or so and I still have quite a few left from this lot. :confused:

By the way, do you think it is necessarry to store them in the refrigerator? I have mine in there now but I stupidly didn't put the first ones in the fridge for a few weeks or so and I still have quite a few left from this lot. :confused:

Not sure, it doesn't say anything on the packets I just assumed they would keep better in the fridge. One got pushed too far in and got frozen and was useless, but apart from that no problems.

Depends on where you kept them, I suppose. I would try them and see - too expensive to waste without giving it a go!

THANK YOU sooooo much for this thread - just managed to order 40 pounds worth of 'stuff' from the low carb store - muchly excited to try everything!! xxxx

Where I buy my noodles, they're sold in a fridge... so I don't know whether they're ok to store in a cupboard. I admit that, since the problems in Japan, I've stopped buying them...

Are we sure these sauces and products are ok for Dukan? ie carb free, sugar free AND fat free?

Anyone tried the Kaluha one? I love Tia Maria and Kaluha so this with diet coke may be the treat I need if its any good :)

Maintainer, all of the Da Vinci syrups have 0 sugar, carbs and fat.

MVN87, I didn't order the Kahlua so would also be interested to hear if it's good. On the Lowcarb website many of the products have reviews and the Kahlua has 4 people that rated it five stars so going by that at least four people loved it!

I have tried most of the syrups I bought but only a small amount other than the macadamia, banana and vanilla so won't comment on those yet. But I can say I love the macadamia, the banana is quite nice if you like banana sweets flavour (which I do) I did add a little sweetener to it but personally like it very much.

They were out of the French vanilla so ordered the ordinary vanilla. It is ok but is very very weak and to me doesn't have much flavour. But I'm sure I will manage to use it.:)

Just check all labels as I think it's 0 net carbs, which is not quite the same as completely zero carbs! I would consider these as tolerated items and reduce if stalling. (They all sound gorgeous and I know the maple syrup is amazing.)

Hi CD, it's' 0 carbs! Some of the items have corn starch in them but the Da Vinci syrups don't at least the ones I have ordered. They use Splenda as a sweetener but it is in liquid form so no carbs.

I think I ordered very carefully and made sure everything I added was 0 carbs and sugar free but will double check the labels when they arrive, also ordered the noodles as wanted to try them for ages. Intend to treat them as tolerated items. Not sure where I am going to put everything as my cupboards fit to bursting with herbs and spices etc!!! LOL x

Trudyc, the doctor recommends the Shirataki noodles. They have no calories, no carbs,fats sugar. So you can have them anytime on pp and pv. So no need to treat as a tolerant!:)

Thanks Slimdreamer - actually meant the other 'stuff' in my stash - sooooo excited - hope it's not a huge anticlimax!!!! LOL

ordered a couple of toasted marshmallow before so they'll be here by next week :bunnydance:
I ALWAYS crave something sweet after a meal so I have some 0% fat free total yogurt with a drop of the syrup in.....mmmmmmm feels soooo naughty when I'm eating it. Doesn't feel like I'm doing without fattening puddings at all :D
Jackie xx

Wow thanks for this post, I ordered cookie dough syrup, chocolate sauce, BBQ sauce and the noodles. I can't wait to add the syrup to my f frais and make chocolate deserts with the sauce! Yummy !

I ordered peanut butter, marshmellow, irish cream and macademia nut yesterday and they're delivered today. Can't wait to have them together with my home made yoghurt... yummy! Today's my last day on LT so as from tomorrow refeeding Dukan style! :D

Back