Daily chat and general fun food time

Hey!!! Once again your food sounds lovely!!!
I'm back on it 100% again today as I was yesterday!! Had a lie in this morning so skipped breakfast really which is my only downfall!
Lunch I had - gammon, sw chips (mmmm) and superfree salad (lots of it) Had 1 syns worth of extra light mayo and a wholemeal roll (HEXB) - was so stuffed!!
Went to supermarket earlier on and was so hungry (this was before lunch) and bought a multipack of skips and had a bag before the gym (4 syns)
Gym- 15 minutes on bike, 30 minute jog on treadmill and a bit on the weights (your post reminded me that I'm neglecting the bingo wings!) hate hate hate my arms- always buy beautiful dresses and then ruin them by having to wear a cardi/shrug/blazer etc!

My weigh in is also Thursday - I work shifts so try to get to the morning class most weeks but sometimes have to go to the evening! This week I can go to the morning one! Yey!!

Re. HEX B's I'm a bit of a bread fiend so tend to use it for some toast or a roll to have with soup. I think ryvita minis are a B and they're quite tasty as a snack. Obviously there's cereal too- some fruit with a muller light and some fruit and fibre on top is another fave of mine. Or nuts, pecans and pistachios?? The weightwatchers petit pain are a B choice too so if I have pasta, I cut one in half and make a garlic bread out of it to go with the meal! Hope the ideas help! X

Thanks Steph! Well, yesterday was just as planned however, I didn't get to the gym! But I do plan on going tonight! :D

Brekkie today has been : HEX B weetabix, HEX A milk and banana..

Lunch : Thinking of having a jacket potato with tuna, sweetcorn, carrot, tomato and some philly light? Will post a pic of how I get on with that!

Dinner : Heading out tonight for dinner but the place I go to does an amazing Morrocan chicken which is nearly syn free apart from the dressing! :)

Another perfect day planned! Well done you!!

I'm on a night shift tonight which always throws me- I've tried to sleep as long as I can but I'm now wide awake- was awoken with a headache too! Grrrrr! So I've just had meal 1 of the day: bacon and mushroom salad (all free) wholemeal roll (HEXB) on the side and 30g cheese grated on top (HEXA) - yum yum

I've got mince to do something with before I go in this evening- maybe a spag Bol.

Now here's the dilemma- I'll have weetabix probably about 3/4am - would you count that as today's allowance or tomorrow's??
See I finish at 7am and then will be straight to bed and back up about 4 in the afternoon where I'll have a meal before commencing new year celebrations!

Not sure whether to go to the gym now and then try and grab a nap later before I go in or go to the gym straight before work. I'm so indecisive! Nights always throws me on the plan. Last time I had a gain (my only gain ever!) when I was on a set of nights. Think it just messes the body up a little because the week after I had a big (undeserved) loss?!?!

Gosh Steph thats horrible. I'd try and get into a routine asap if you can.. I know its difficult though!

So went for dinner last night and they only had one menu on :( So I got Coq au vin with mashed potatoes and veggies. It wasn't nice though!

So I had the veggies and the potato and ate whatever chicken pieces were in the dish. So I'm gonna say I used up all my syns yesterday on that! Bleh!

Anyway, today is the last day of 2013! YAYS

Breakfast : scrambled egg, 1 slice toast (HEX B) and giant tomato

Probably going to have tea and a wee piece of chocolate at some stage today!

Having a treat and getting take away in today so I must check which indian dish are lowest in syns!

Fantastic thread to read :) ive just subscribed as im starting slimming world from home tomorrow as going out for my sister in law to be's birthday.
Good luck everyone :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ever so much ladies!

So I've been a bit naughty today : Half bag of m&m's (thank god for my OH! :D ) 5 syns and a skinny toffee nut latte (HEX A) 6 syns!

I am ravenous today! In fairness, I've ate nothing! Ah... Need to get the head screwed on!

And I am suppose to be eating take out tonight with some mates instead of going out! Well I'm not drinking now anyhoo, so gonna get some diet coke in from the shop and goodies for everyone else!

Planning on having the lowest syn indian meal, no nans or poppadoms either as they are carbs and have with boiled rice.. Might be a few syns over but I can flexi syn with tomorrow as I'm having SW chilli con carne for dinner and nada chocolate left in the house either ;)

Happy new year Natasha!! And anyone else that's reading too!!

Had an ok day yesterday but not really much superfree I'm afraid! Had some toast when I got in from work HEXB then went to bed!
Got up about 4pm and had a jacket potato stuffed with cubed ham, mushrooms, sweet chilled sauce (2 syns) topped with cheese (HEXA)

Later in the evening I had a few Malibu and diet cokes and then a couple of nibbles (1 breaded prawn thing, about 9 cheese and pineapple on sticks, handful of Doritoes, a couple of crab sticks)
So, not too bad really!

OH dad has offered to make a full English today so weighing up whether or not to have it! It's certainly not cooked the SW way! I wonder if it would top 15 syns though?? Decision decisions!
Weigh day tomorrow!!
Bring it, new year, new start!!

Well today started off very well!

Got up early and headed out without breakfast :(

So by lunch, I was starving! So I had a rocket, chicken and cous cous salad which was syn free and delish! Topped off with diet pepsi

Nibbles was bounty bar (6.5 syns) :O )

Then went for dinner out. Had grilled chicken with veggies and pasta that had cheese through it! It was a massive portion so I just ate half (proud of myself!). Going to count the cheese as my HEX A and syn some olive oil that I thought was lurking in the sauce! 6 syns for the oil.. So 2.5 syns left just in case! :D

No plans for this week. Its me and my OH anniversary on Sunday but he has to go away for work, so he got me a new bag! Delighted!

Got on the scales this morning and they said 12st 6.6 lbs, thought to myself, that cannot be right! Jumped back on an hour later and they said 12st 5.8lbs. Thats what I'm going with! So I lost 0.2lbs this week! What a joke!!!!

At least I didn't put on any weight over christmas, I should be glad of that!

Today, I finally did some food shopping! lol!

So, breakfast was scrambled eggs on their own (bold I know)

Lunch will be a mixed fruit salad, alpen light bar and diet coke

Dinner will be a chicken stir fry with noodles.

For my syns, I will probably have the other half of my bounty bar today (7 syns).. Thats it I'm hoping!

Well done for having a loss!! I went to class at 11am- the vast majority of people put on a couple of pounds! I'm pleased to report that I've lost half a pound this week - pretty chuffed really!
Leaves me 1lb off 5 stone!! Must must must get that 1lb next week!!

Went straight to asda and got some food for the next few days! Got jacket spuds, sausage casserole, chicken curry, cous cous stuffed peppers in mind!

Just had paprika chicken salad for lunch with a wholemeal roll on the side (HEXB) - will decide later whether to have a red or extra easy day!!

Let's hope this time next week we're reporting really good losses!! :)

I couldn't get over the WI yesterday so its spurred me on to be good!

Brekkie : 2 weetabix, milk, (both HEXs) banana and pineapple

Lunch (so far) : 3 slices pineapple (fresh), 2 slices turkey breast and activia yogurt! Might nibble on a bit more if I get peckish

Dinner : Steak (yummy!), mash and veggies

Forgot to add syns where : 1 alpen light 3.5 syns, 6 syns milkyway bar, 2 syns butter and more diet coke! There was a small something else but I can't remember but it was within my syns, so guessing 3.5 syns! :D

Last edited:
Glad to see you haven't let the scales get you down!! I think you did amazingly with Christmas and new year! The hardest time of the year and you decided to start and not only that, you lost something!! Imagine how you'd be feeling if you hadn't started (I know I'd have been half a stone up!)
Food looking good today- well done!!

Thats true steph! Thanks! So today me and my OH are celebrating our 6 year anniversary so SW might be a little off today (gonna try and flexisyn!)

Brekkie : Weetabix, banana and milk (both hexs)

Lunch : Grilled chicken salad with rocket leaves and grilled tomatoes (guessing around 5-6 syns for the sauce that accompanied!)

Hot chocolate from costa when out shopping (8 syns)

Planning on having HM spag bol tonight for dinner so gonna put a lid on my eating hopefully!

Thats true steph! Thanks! So today me and my OH are celebrating our 6 year anniversary so SW might be a little off today (gonna try and flexisyn!)

Brekkie : Weetabix, banana and milk (both hexs)

Lunch : Grilled chicken salad with rocket leaves and grilled tomatoes (guessing around 5-6 syns for the sauce that accompanied!)

Hot chocolate from costa when out shopping (8 syns)

Planning on having HM spag bol tonight for dinner so gonna put a lid on my eating hopefully!

Happy Anniversary :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies! In the end up, he ordered in some indian.. I don't mind other than it has messed with my 'being on the straight and narrow'..

Anyhoo, draw a line and try and keep the syns low now for the rest of the week! :)

So this morning : Alpen light (I'm not really very hungry) hex or syn I'm not sure yet

Lunch : Omelette made with 2 eggs, one tomato, spring onion and HEX A cheese and diet coke

Going to have a 6 syn milkyway bar now with some tea after I have a wee shower.. And another alpen bar for hex b

Dinner : SW spag bol, lotsa veggies and brown pasta.. And diet coke..

Last edited:
Back