Daily chat...

I can't imagine ever eating "Normally" again but am sure i'll get there.
Does anyone else find th PV days give you some stomach pain?
Yep i suffer pv days

take it its the fibre in the veg that causes it, sorry just wondering?

Have just joined the forums as just embarking on the Dukan diet - have tried it for a couple of days since Friday but always something happened to stop it being a run of four days PP, eg alcohol at weekend(eek!) and also being in town and forced to have a Tesco cafè lunch yesterday (turkey dinner with veg) so starting again today. I can see that these forums are a helpful support - so here goes!

take it its the fibre in the veg that causes it, sorry just wondering?
sorry had to go earlier .....I hate pv days as Jo will tell you but i know i have to do them i do 2 a week now fri and sun used to do sat sun but cant handle two together .....the windy gripey bloating is horrid and i expect its the fibre
prehaps we should change the veg we eat and see if it changes with that ....

Have just joined the forums as just embarking on the Dukan diet - have tried it for a couple of days since Friday but always something happened to stop it being a run of four days PP, eg alcohol at weekend(eek!) and also being in town and forced to have a Tesco cafè lunch yesterday (turkey dinner with veg) so starting again today. I can see that these forums are a helpful support - so here goes!

good luck hun .....try to be strict on attack then as you go to cruise i will be better , you can still have roast on pv with out potatoes stuffing and gravy
get stuck come onn and shout hun xx

spent morning putting tesco vouchers into my Pc to find most were refused as in the summer they were late sending us days out vouchers(had been to london and back before they came) we returned them they were going to refund only to find out they haven't so i'm down the equivelent of £150 they may not be able to refund untill after xmas so the notebook i had saved them for wont be here for xmas plus their deal of double the points will be over just typical and sooo time consuming just like my thread LOL

Fabulous post Bron! I'm smiling here (and at this hour, that's a feat to raise a smile from me!)... excellent! I can imagine you saying that without taking a breath! haaa!

When in England, I have no loyalty to any supermarket and make a point of going to each one... None will allow overseas residents to have a loyalty card, and as it's one card per household and my Dad's got them all, I'm snookered!! (As I've told each one at various times "politely" haaa!)

I get the card thing in shops too! M & S was the last one (there used to be a branch in Lyon but a bit far for me now). Sadly, the supermarket loyalty cards here don't seem to be as generous as the UK ones!

I got bloated with veg at first, but am OK now (am on conso). I think your body will adjust as time goes on.

Morning everyone! Eldest off to school and have 10 minutes grace for another coffee before waking the others.

Another cold day out there:(.

Last edited:
Tesco don't want me to have one I think but I don't shop there often.
I do like the nectar app though, even if it dosent often have offers for things I actually buy.

Morning, feels a little warmer.
Anyone snowed in?
Some Canadian friends have put in their backyard rink early and have skated already.

Vickki I miss Gloria jeans chai latte, nothing over here comes close.

It's snowing! Kids are hyper - at least the ground is too warm for it to lie. Massive flakes too. Hope it's short-lived. I would like snow if it stayed on the mountains;).

What sort of "altitude" are you at Laura? In the country, we're at 320m... but as we're on the outskirts of the plateau de Langres, if there's cold around, it's ours!

Probably the same altitude as your country place, Jo. The other (main) village in our commune is a big higher than us and it's at about 400m, I believe. They'll have more snow than us and friends up 'in the mountains' (10 minutes up a steep hill!) will have good fun trying to get home tonight:(.

And it's still cold!

Morning all!

I can see I'll be looking out my thermal vests this weekend (and that's for indoors!!!)...

Hello Mouse - how's you?

Hi all does anyone know of a sugar free squash availavle to mix with hot water as so cold I'm finding it hard to drink lots of cold stuff I have fybro myalgia and can't cope with the cold very well...so would love some hot blackcurrent Mmmmm

I can see I'll be looking out my thermal vests this weekend (and that's for indoors!!!)...

Hello Mouse - how's you?

Hi Jo, I'm great thanks - how are you? I am freezing too so thanks for reminding me about my thermal vests! Every little layer helps, although I did feel a little overdressed yesterday moring getting off the train looking like a michelin man, complete with comedy hat and no one else even had a hat on!!! I was really glad of all the layers on the way home though!! I don't know if it is an age thing <I must be at that funny age> or a less flab/less food going in, but I really do feel the cold!!

my oh bought my heated insoles for xmas last year great except for lugging battery packs round my ankles !!!!

my oh bought my heated insoles for xmas last year great except for lugging battery packs round my ankles !!!!

Ah yes, I have got some slippers with heater bits in but they are those gel pads that you have to reactivate in boiling water - a bit of a pain! - and you're not really meant to walk around in them!!

Tesco have Rachels low fat yoghurt on offer - I think I may order some for a change, even if it is a bit if a cheat!

Last edited:
Back