Daily chat...

Oh my, I can't imagine 20cm of snow on the ground!! We have about 2 mm!!

Will happily swap (and even pay for you to take it away). It's still coming down and you can't see the path I made this morning. Gah. Will need to go out again shortly, having a cup of tea first.

Two youngest now on the sofa - wee lad had snow down the back of his neck. They've been making snow angels:D. They've had enough now though, so the snowman will have to wait.

Eldest slouched off to see if any friends are about.

Gosh Robin - most of us can only dream about living in the sort of area you live in... I suppose the kids are at home because it's Wednesday? Or are the schools closed?

Will happily swap (and even pay for you to take it away). It's still coming down and you can't see the path I made this morning. Gah. Will need to go out again shortly, having a cup of tea first.

Two youngest now on the sofa - wee lad had snow down the back of his neck. They've been making snow angels:D. They've had enough now though, so the snowman will have to wait.

Eldest slouched off to see if any friends are about.

I really just can't imagine it! Over here the South coast seems to struggle with the most minute anount of snow:D Yesterday people were leaving the office to go home at lunchtime and the snow wasn't even settling!

Gosh Robin - most of us can only dream about living in the sort of area you live in... I suppose the kids are at home because it's Wednesday? Or are the schools closed?

Two youngest have no school on Wednesday, as usual. Eldest's school is open but no school transport. If it's not safe for the bus, it's not safe for me! So I phoned this morning and said he wouldn't be in - half day though so damage limitation on the amount of catching up he'll have to do.

Have to say though, the snow was much worse when I was a kid. We regularly had a metre or so, that had calmed down though and wasn't so bad until last year.:( In a way, am glad my Mum is no longer around. She spent more than a month being housebound because of the snow from Christmas-end January, then I went to see her (on my own - husband injured finger and looked after kids). There was still snow, but less so we did get out and about a little. Then she had 5 months of hospital/pain after a week of 'normal' living while I was there. At least she won't have to go through that again.

When did you move to France then Laura?

I came over (not to this part though) in the mid-90s for 6 months! Just to learn French (had my eye on a bilingual job back home afterwards) as I was bored of the same old secretarial jobs. Met the husband and I'm still here!

I'd moved away from my parent's village late 80s though and lived in town so had left the worst of the snow behind before that.

So you came over in the mid-90s for six months... and I came over in 1986 for a year...

That's lunch sorted then, Manda?:p

(Bet you'd lose some serious weight if you managed to get that down you in one day! Best of luck trying).

Hi Guys, Well in NZ now, So tired, Had an idiot in front of me on the plane that insisted his seat should stay down the entire flight even when told to put it up and Im sure the fool wanted it to lay flat, OMG non travellers deserve a swift kick up their bums when they are so stupid and rude and thoughless!
NZ still the same...LOL . Food wise its hard as theres no supermarkets in the city so no custard for me, Bum! Will be heading out to my sisters tomorrow so will go to woolworths there and get stuff. Been good though just had sizzling chicken peppercorn for dinner with NO rice, Not much else I could do unless I wanted noodles and pork....UMMM HAVE to get to shops tomorrow!
Hope everyones doing well and having a great day, Thank god NZ's 2hrs ahead of us or Id feel like a lazy cow going to bed at 8pm :)
xxxxxxxxxx

That's lunch sorted then, Manda?:p

(Bet you'd lose some serious weight if you managed to get that down you in one day! Best of luck trying).

It just seemed so different from ruddy chicken at the time:D I can smell it and I want to eat it all now! Mmm I wonder how early it is reasonable to eat a whole turkey? I suppose I'd better wait until it's cooked though:D

mmm ive a whole chicken in for tea !!!!

Vickki - I hope you spent the entire flight nudging his head rest with your knees then! People are SOOO inconsiderate. With the seat down in front of you, there's no room at all... and I always sit in front of people who insist on putting their trays up and down throughout the flight and/or nudging my seat...

In fact, I need my own private plane / train and tube. I hate fellow travellers with a vengeance whatever my mode of transport! is it a wonder I took to walking to work?!!

Morning all - another chilly one. I will make my confession here (already mentioned it on another diary) - I have been having a mug or two per day of Highlights hot choc this week - going down a treat!! I think it's ok really as I don't have any other milk <starts making guilty excuses>.

dont worry hun i thiunk the extra calories are burned up keeping warm

It's not the calories so much as potentially coming out of ketosis (if you were in)... I buy long life skimmed milk by the six pack!

I've just helped decorate the office Christmas tree... I don't feel in the slightest bit "Christmassy", and it's far too early, but it was naked!

even ms scrooge here is doing her xmas tree today :D

Have not even thought about the tree? And I am doing Xmas this year EEK.

Back