Daily chat...

Yum I have just had some Shape Greek style yohurts - they are probably the devil's yoghurts, but they are smooth and they are delicious!

Last edited:
I'm not doing one at home this year - either home... seems daft cos I'm only in the city one weekend between now and xmas, and after this one just one in the country. Pretty futile waste of time methought!

Excellent that you Vicky are getting in the mood though!

And Bren - can you get real Christmas trees there in the "summer"? Probably a daft question, but ...

I live there!
me too..until tonight. omg im scared! love the ketosis energy!

ah Jo ill decorate my tree for you :) yes does seem a waste if you are not going to be there? but you could still there is a while till you go away?

Currently eating some quite nice turkey soup made with just bouillon and half an onion - hits the spot and really quite tasty.

With spending four evenings in one place, one in another, and two on the road, it hardly seems worth the bother!

I'll appreciate it all the more when I get to the UK...

oh turkey soupd sounds nice Kim x

oh turkey soupd sounds nice Kim x

It's the last of the turkey I cooked yesterday - but it was a small one, only 15 lbs (I am joking!!)!! I might make some stock from the carcass. - never done that before and I am wondering about doing it in the slow cooker. Now, do I need to get all the skin off or can I just sieve it and get any fat off when it's cold?

Just found this which I will add to the sc thread too.
http://www.grouprecipes.com/525/slow-cooker-chicken-stock.html

Last edited:
Ladies need semi-urgent advice....

need to buy a birthday pressie for DD's BFF's 11th Birthday....

how much should you spend on something like this? and what would you advise me getting her?....she's older than DD.... and into horses and the colour purple....apparently :eek:......i'm useless....(help:(!)

i don't want to spend a fortune...but don't want to buy something that she

a: wont like
b: wont use
c: looks rubbish/cheap (don't want to be seen as a skinflint :()

god no idea I took Maizie to an 8th bd party the other week and the pressie cost was a tenner , gone up a tad over the last year .....
you could look for a journal with a pen alot of girls like them my 7yr old loves writting stories down and her thoughts

My lad is 11, but doesn't know (just asked). Agree it's not an easy age - too old for toys, too young for clothes, etc.

If she likes horses (my nearly 8 year old does too), how about a horse notebook/pen/folder/diary, etc to copy Tan's idea - my girl loves writing/drawing in notebooks too or a calendar if they're already in the shops. If she has a mobile phone (most 11 year olds seem to in the UK?) then maybe a horse phone sock or charm (or whatever they're called).

For what it's worth, we have a 10€ limit on pressies for the kids' schoolfriends, a bit more on closer friends - even sticking to budget it is an expensive business.

Good luck.

lol i stock up on cards so no not in this house ...i got this girl a rockstar zhu zhu so that was a tenner...the journal ect i reckon with card and wraping you could do it for under a tenner

Don't send/give cards here and the paper is given for free in the shops where you buy the present, so the whole amount is the present. I wouldn't bother with a card - ask your daughter to make one - much nicer. If we have occasions where we need a card, daughter gets to work - the cards here are horrible and overpriced.

Morning all!

Me naked in the office?! Perish the thought!! haaaa!

Yes it's good the way presents get wrapped up for free over here (if you've got the time to queue up for the service, which I never have at lunchtime around here alas... grrr!).

Nice weekend in the country where the pesky white stuff sat nicely in fields and gardens and stayed off the roads ;) House very cold, mind. Just 10°C upstairs on Friday night, brrrrr! Thankfully our electric blanket helped and our duvet is high tog! I refused to go upstairs for my errr siesta, and lay on the floor on flattish cushions in front of the fire (he always has the sofa, and I go upstairs!)... My back felt wonderful for it... great idea!

Now rain and drizzle... I'd sooner the white stuff and cold personally, but I guess it's different when you're suffering with it.

How are you all doing? Still all got snow?

Last edited:
Don't love rain or drizzle, Jo but prefer it any day over the white stuff. Snow all but gone (few patches on the side of road) due to rising temps and high winds yesterday.

I'm busy ploughing through the laundry, while addressing/putting stamps on Christmas cards, while making lunch, while tidying up... (and having a cup of tea and a peek on here).

Off to get wee lad in 1/2 hour so must get finished before then!

Hope everyone's OK and not too cold.

Back