Daily chat...

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
I often feel I'm chatting too much in someone else's diary, or saying stupid things in the menu thread, so how about a thread just for daily chit chat...

Diet stuff ok here too of course, but this might keep some more important threads "on subject"!

Or not, knowing us...

(3.5 hours until England's fate is sealed... I remain positive.)

lol we always Hijack threads lol

So. hows your tummy Jo?

Im not interested in football in the slightest (only that I got Argentina in the sweep at work so want them to win :) )

You can laugh... but YEAH!! hihi!!

I envy you dinner at your Mum's! And it looks as if you've got her well trained.

As for weight, this morning I was +100g up on last Friday (so my "no salmon" experiment is working well, haaaaa!).

BUT I am feeling slim, which is strange given the scales; 72.0K is higher than my START Dukan weight in November 2007... oh I'm in the wrong thread!

Im sure the weather (or the heat) affects me and makes me retain water. heres to us losing more for friday eh?

I felt slim on monday too. my trousers are now starting to fall off but i cant get in the size below ! typical. Ill be bag lady lol.

I keep hitching mine up... I bought some 14s and 16s in Asda + M&S when over recently. The 16s I never wore cos, by the time the weather improved again, they were big. This is the last pair of 14s not in the "to be filed away for another fat day" bag, and given my rear view in them, it's not looking good for another wearing!!

YET all my 12s are TINY! How can that be? Surely clothes manufacturers aren't kidding us we're slimmer than we are?!!

72.0K - we're the same aren't we Vicky? AND the same height! Just that you're young... and I expect you still have some muscle tone!! (I have A LOT of excess skin from my big weight loss... snip snip and I'd lose more!!)...

It's lunchtime, but I daren't move... I looked up Psyllium and it's same word in France so will try to get some. Organic shop only for the real thing? Or is in pill form ok?

I hate the team you've drawn - or rather the MANAGER of the team - but you could well be holding a winning ticket there!

Jo we are exactly the same :) lol wierd!!! ive always had flabby legs but my tummy is not that bad - couple of million sit ups would help lol
I tried on clothes from my slim days last friday - i got in a pair of M&S size 12 trousers and one pair size 12 jeans (they must have been stretched) but couldnt get other stuff near me. oh well. will just have to keep looking like a freak :D

I think tablets will be as easy as it means you dont have to add to food.
I walked the doglets this morning and 5 mins round i needed the loo - nightmare! lets just say the next 15 mins were speed walked lol.

Im feeling pretty sick today, keep going boiling hot - think its possibly just the weather ??? I hope so.

Funnily enough, when I went to see a surgeon at hospital (after trying a dermatologist to see how to help my excess skin), they told me that no amount of exercises or potions/lotions would help me... I'm lucky in that it doesn't show (too much) when dressed - cos I've seen photos of people with skin hanging down to their knees after big weight losses - probably because I lost the weight slowly...

How warm is it there? It sounds as if you might be feverish? Any other symptoms? (some professional help might be getting up soon?)

My "slim day" clothes won't fit until I'm 5K less... I bought really tight fitting when I got down to nearly 10 stone... I swore "never again"; no elasticated waists; no "tent" skirts or dresses...

and here am I!!

I dont know what weight ill need to be to get into my twelves. Might mean lowering my goal :(

its 26 in my office. i just feel like wierd (er than usual)

Probably not for some... I'm resigned to never getting myself back in one particular trouser suit I bought... close fitting at 64K but I thought it looked good when I tried it on, bought it, and never wore it! haaaa!

I've intentionally raised my target because I know that my previous one wasn't realistic... and while getting there is always a possibility, staying there is another kettle of fish! So here's hoping realism wins the day because, frankly aside from the full wardrobe of 12s I can't get into, I'm feeling much better about myself... and possibly the 1HR (week day) daily walk for the past four months is making me a different shape... or something!

Be sure to drink plenty of H20... I've a fan going here cos we're trying to save the aircon for a really hot day

we dont have aircon!!! :(
ooh just noticed your goal is only one lb above mine. can i ask are you the small medium or big boned on the dukan 'find your true weight'

I think I put small... but my "true weight" is higher than my current... it's a good calculator, even if some of us don't want to believe it, because it asks valid questions like your highest ever weight etc... and someone who's weighed two tonnes like me isn't ever gonna weigh 8 stone now...!!

So while deluded, I remain realistic, and will try... to beat science!

I was actually measured years ago with a machine (with needles?) (by the surgeon I mentioned) who set my weight at 70K.

ooh what machine with needles is that???

did you check you wrist like it says? my fingers dont touch so im heavy boned.

I think I meant calipers rather than needles... they hurt anyway! I was lying on a table with loads of (I think) calipers attached to me, pinching me! and a machine spewed out paper telling me all about the nasty pinches, and how much fat they were actually pinching!

I think:
The Complete Guide To Body Fat Calipers

When big, I hadn't a hope in hell of getting my thumb and index finger round my wrist... so I went for BIG BONED... now slimmer, I'm tiny... (wristed, shouldered, big butt though!)

ive always been big boned.Thats why the BMI thing irritates me. One of my friends is the same height as me but her knee bones and hip bones are tiny compared to me. I havent actually got any fat on my ribs or my hip bones now its just the way im built.

p.s. that caliper thing sounds very very painful. I had caliper check my fat when at the gym a couple of years ago and they told me i needed to be 9 1/2 stone. Well i got to nine and half stone and cos im so bottom heavy i looked awful. when i laid down my rib cage and hip bones stuck out further than my boobs.

Yeah it's known that BMI isn't the best way to measure anything...

If you really want a laugh, see if you can find your "true weight" with the Chrono Nutrition method... some of my French Dukan friends are turning to Chrono Nutrition to stabilise... and are learning they need to lose up to a further 2 stone, yeah right!!

You sound a totally different shape to me and, after all, we *know* what's fat and what isn't and what we can live with and what we can't. At 10 stone 3lbs, where I quite liked my flatter tummy, I had no boobs, and my bones stuck out under my neck (I'm sure they have a name those bones!!)... and I was told I was looking "ill". So not a good look. I look healthy at the moment... need to know when to stop though... As I said, Dukan calculator puts me at about 76K... (but what does he know!!!!! heeee!)

PS - 20 mins to go, then I might go VERY quiet...

Why are you watching that silly sport??

I love those collarbones that stick out :) is the chrono one where you eat fat at one meal, protein at another and carbs at another?

i tell you what the website is a bit too similar to dukan one!

omfg it says i should be 8 stone 8 omg id look crazy

crazy target weights... it's the one which tells you how to eat according to your "morphotype" but, in any event, breakfast should be hefty and fatty... up to 100g cheese, with 30g bread and butter... lunch is 8oz meat with 3 tablespoons I think carbs, and a little veg. Snack is 80% dark chocolate - just a couple of squares and fruit... and as late as you can.
Then dinner is "optional"(!) but in any event fish and very little veg ONLY!
UGH!!
Leastwise that's the plan for one of my Dukan stabiliser friends... I say of course she'll stabilise eating that cos it's short on calories!

it sounds great to me the cheese and bread etc but omg i couldnt be that weight without looking ill. In fact when i did weigh that i got told off by nurse and dr for being underweight - but my bmi now says that i wouldnt be. I really really think they need to scrap the bmi.

Back