Daily chat...

I thought you weren't adhering strictly to Dukan at the moment, Cathy... I might have missed something though...

Anja - as you say, it doesn't take anything into account but the norms. Thanks for the link but, as I said to my sister, just get the calculator out! haaaa! (Why does the UK still use stones?)

Vicky - I don't think I'm as fixated on reaching a "target" perhaps as many of you. If that were my sole goal, I'd simply do Dukan properly again (or do meal replacements or something).

My issues are different and so by working at them this time while losing weight, I'm hoping the result will be different EVEN IF I have to settle for a higher weight. If I can stick at it without bingeing, that has to be a result.

My thrill today - for instance - even when seeing +200g on the scales is that I "behaved" well around food last night, when alone, when I normally don't. Little steps and all that.

I've weighed 9 stone 13lbs before with Dukan - just for the day mind - emptied all my little cells of water and then as soon as I went onto Conso promptly filled them up again... which I remain convinced that low carb does to some of us...

One can weigh whatever one likes by playing with water... but it's not "real" weight loss. And that bit goes straight back on as soon as we stop low carbing, even for a day.

yes thats why its important to keep drinking plenty of water (she says to herself especially at weekends) and you are right when we have a carb fest we put on lots put generally water.

Good for you Jo. will still be on here when we are 60?

I dont know how I am doing Vicky, thats the trouble. But yes I am being good. I'm not strictly Dukaning no, which is why havent written my menus anywhere. I'm trying to sort out what veg I can have without an IBS flare up, I have been having oat bran every other day, and a little amount of cheese and a little amount of nuts (and I mean little) I'm not having much dairy either as in yogurts and I was relying on them quite a lot. I know I havent put any on though, my clothes are fine and my measurements are the same.

Cathy good luck for WI where ever u can do it!?!??

Jo I'm like u. Working on getting to a manageable weight and turning my mind around at the same time. 68/69 kgs will do then conso. I know when I can eat more and am feeling thinner I can loose with conso and really good workouts 4 x 50 mins a week. Currently doing 5 x 30 ATM.

How is Atkins going vicky?

thats great cathy if you are maintaining.
what exercise do you do bren? Atkins - food is fab loving it :D

when we have a carb fest we put on lots put generally water.

Question : but if "normal people" can eat carbs without having this water issue, surely it's that low carb dieters lose too much water, no?

isnt it something to do with glycogen?

I'm a gum junkie. We just moved into our new house 10 weeks ago, and we have set up our own gym weights and bought an awesome bike for cardio.

Today I took our new puppy for a 20 min walk, which entailed a massive hill! Also a 20 min cycle just now on the bike. Xx

wow brill Bren..new puppy...what make ;) how old?

Bren likes gum?

morning chatters ,its blowing a gale ere !!! omg i hate it when the wind trys to blow u off ur feet lol !!!

Hello there! I don't mind the cold... so long as I'm dressed for it (and, in the country that means thermal socks and vest!), I'm happy... being cold means Christmas is getting closer!

What I dislike with a vengeance is short days...

Plus, it's turned mild here... so what does that mean? RAIN this weekend PFFFFT! Give me cold + sun anyday!

How's everyone? Three day weekend for me - yippee - even if it is for a sad reason. November 1, All Saints Day, is the day when traditionally in France (and in some other European countries too) people visit and tend their family graves. Still, it's a day off work

Lucky you Jo! Welcome back Jaq - fab time away?

Vicky well done on your loss! I have an English staffy, 12 weeks, sooky and cute.

Vikki, we are having a rainy weekend, but summer is really on the doorstep. We keep getting snippets of warm days. I can wait.

Jaqys how was the holiday?!

Oh how i wish l lived over there - summer starting in winter :D love it! aww can we have a pic bren?

Yeah will sort something out?!

Lol... I do like gum Jo.

Back