Daily chat...

I've seen similar programmes here, so many health and safety rules prevent people doing their jobs properly.:(

Another sunny day here, off to the park with youngest to try and get him bike riding properly (he manages 10 seconds, then falls off - lack of concentration, I suspect).

Hope all have a good day.:)

Have you see the news report this morning about how old people are treated in their homes by so called carers?....
Older people not being given enough support to eat and drink, with some staff arguing health and safety restrictions prevented them preparing hot meals
Neglect because care workers stick rigidly to their tasks, such as a case when a woman was left stuck on the toilet because staff were too busy
Financial abuse, including money being systematically stolen over a period of time
Chronic disregard for privacy and dignity, such as leaving people unwashed and putting them to bed in the afternoon
Patronising behaviour, with cases highlighted including staff talking on mobile phones while they tended to clients
Physical abuse involving pushing and rough handling
It makes me sick! :ashamed0005:
Jackie xx

I did indeed see it and it made frightening reading. I'm particularly sensitive to the subject as my Nana has just moved into a care home but has been receiving home care from private carers for several years.

Poor man. Hope his family have lots of support.:(

But, have been having a productive morning here - tidying outdoors and inside too - hindered by small animals for the latter - kittens are hilarious. Wee tikes both now mastered climbing the sofas in record time and love chasing and pouncing on the mop while it's being used. Need to get photos up, they are very cute (says me who was not a cat person 6 months ago, but have since been converted;)).

Christmas card writing should use up my afternoon!

Hope everyone is well and that a good day is being had by all.:)

Here are Galaxie (black) and Google. The photo of them together is when they first arrived.:)

Thanks for the link, Jo. We had Marks & Spencer in Lyon and went occasionally (when we lived there) but wouldn't bother now - too far away.

Attachments

• PB280005.jpg
    PB280005.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 56
  • PB280003.jpg
    PB280003.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 65
  • PB200001.jpg
    PB200001.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 65
robinhood said:
Here are Galaxie (black) and Google. The photo of them together is when they first arrived.:)

Thanks for the link, Jo. We had Marks & Spencer in Lyon and went occasionally (when we lived there) but wouldn't bother now - too far away.

Gorgeous kitty pics :)

They are BEAUTIFUL! I love the look in the eye in pic 2

Aww, your kitties are soooooooo cute! I wish they would stay so small forever x

Jo, I think Google will be more of a handful - they are both so different already! Google is more independent (and has no fear) but roots around my top looking for milk, he hasn't worked out it comes from a carton yet! Galaxie is smaller (was the runt) and is more timid but it didn't take him long to figure out the milk mystery - every time someone opens the fridge, he's there miaowing for milk! Hopefully that will stop as we've started cutting down (they'll be 8 weeks soon, so will be stopping shortly after).

I'm looking forward to them growing a bit so that they interact a bit more with us! Mind you, I was the same with my children:eek:. I much prefer toddlers/older children to babies.

Another nice day here, hope everyone else is as lucky.:D

oooh how I envy you with kittens to play with... Mind you, I'd never go to work - I'd just stay at home and plaaaaay :)

December 1st ... please let there not be an influx of "before Christmas newbies" now... cos this is my deadline for helping as I think it's silly starting now! And am applying my rule to myself too - much as I'm tempted to go for a quick easy (water) loss before Christmas!

I think it's pretty insane to start this before Christmas. I'm 3 months in and I know it's going to be tough to resist all those temptations at times. I can't imagine trying to form all those good habits and break the bad ones right now.

Glad I posted yesterday then ;)

My son and I went to a 3 yr old's party this morning and all of the things I would have normally yammed were there but I just didn't want them at all. Had a lovely lunch of smoked fish and egg and tonight will be having nasi goreng without the rice.

Your kittens are gorgeous. I just have one old lady cat now, whereas at one time I had four all together. My CallieCat loves sitting on my 2 yr old's lap and he and his older brother are so gentle to her. It's lovely to see.

Oh my god !! It's so cold today, a right hard frost in chilly Aberdeenshire this morning ... Did not want to get out from under the duvet this morning but have outside jobs to do again to getthe bigger field ready for the horses

Morning!

Been to get rest of ingredients for Christmas baking, plus bank and other boring stuff. Christmas baking starting today and presents being wrapped too - will make the Christmas cake over the weekend (for my brother mainly, I'll have a small piece though and the youngest is quite partial to fruit cake too).

It is WARM here today (14° when I left at 9am and now it's 17°) and I am dreading when this ends - overnight probably, we'll wake up to snow with no warning. Crazy weather (but I am enjoying it).

Felt like I should have weighed this morning as it's the first Friday of the month - resisted though. Trousers feel fine, so that's good enough!

Hope all have a good day.:)

Hello quick update from me too (and Jo, thanks for the comment elsewhere!!)

Christmas baking started: Lebkuchen made last weekend, and a batch of Oat biscuits ("like my gran used to make").
All safely stashed in (sellotaped!) tins, but of course had to sample each - the Kids approved :). I have a few more quick biscuit recipes lined up (the ones where you: use a cookie-press, cut slices from a roll of dough, or just put teaspoon-sized heaps on the baking tray) that I should manage to do in a few evenings here and there and then do a proper session with the kids using cookie cutters again, plus icing!

It was cold and frosty here this morning too, brr. :winter_brr:

ooooh I love these cold Christmassy posts... it's still awfully mild here, and the sun is shining brightly in a perfectly blue sky! (We've had our "winter tyres" on since beginning of November and I don't think it's frozen here yet!).

I bought some fancy silicon moulds at a "tupperware" like party last weekend (www.guy-demarle.fr) so I must look out some new recipes. (or maybe not!!).

x

When it's cold like this it's making me look forward to my holiday in France next summer although part of it is in alp du huez so will still see some snow lol

Back