Daily Meal Posts

I love the apple n cinn too but the pecan and maple syrup is as disgusting as it sounds..not my cup of tea

Yeh, that seems a weird sort of flavour to have for a porridge. Not keen on the fruits of the forest shakes either.

Oh dear, we are having one heck of a thunderstorm at the minute !!

Tilly- missing you on the forum tonight, sweetheart : hope everything is ok with you. xx

Last edited:
I have a maple and pecan porridge to try this morning, hope its nott too bad. I am quite put off with colour and texture so hoping it doesn't deter me just from its looks. Luckily I have extra packs so can have something else if I don't like it x

Lycho the porridge is no higher in calories. The a&c is 144 calories, the shakes i have in are all 146 calories. I love having something hot and love having 3 different things a day - a bar, a mousse/shake and a hot porridge :)

If you watch it while it is in the microwave, the last 10 seconds or so are amazing, it looks like something out of Dr Who :D

I have not tried the pecan and maple, i hate pecans and hate maple syrup!

Thanks for letting me know - that is good news, deffo going to get some tomorrow when see my cllr. Not happy at having to weigh in t 4pm on a Sunday, think that it's going to jinx me for some illogical reason.Looking forward to the Doctor Who porridge now !Awake at 5.30 am and had lemon bar an hour later - think this is going to be a loooooong day......xx

I went swimming earlier but in a weekend you can't go before 9am. Then i went to return something to a nearby shop, then went to Lidl (all with wet hair, very attractive) then when I got home my nice sister rang consequently i have only just had my breakfast - a lemon yoghurt bar just for a change :D

Morning Ladies! (And the men!)

Well I had my third weigh in today and lost 3lbs, so one more lb before I hit my 1 stone lost! :)

Today I had a Toffee Walnut shake, cold with ice...and....in Tilly's Potion Kitchen ) added Mixed Spice and Chilli Flakes....delicious!

Well done you on your weight loss too Froggy!!
I feel a little bloated today so am hoping for the stone loss next week :)

:D Ooh you are like me this week, i just missed my first stone off by 1lb. My CDC even sent me for a wee then weighed me again but apparently my wee weighs approx 4 Oz, not quite enough :8855::8855:

Oh Froggy that made me chuckle - only a quarter of a pound for a wee! Reminds me of when I was a checker in at ww many many moons ago - ladies used to pay, then nip to the loo and come back without their bra and pants on underneath!!! Some saggy bits there I can tell you ;) The things we do for a good WI eh?!

I've had a toffee and walnut shake today, and Just about to have a vanilla, followed by a chilli soup tonight. Am rationing the lemon bars! Xx

I've already had two of my shakes today too...Toffee & Walnut, followed by Choc Mint.
Will have a warm shake for this evening.

Weekends are full of sooooo many temptations!!!

Tilly, sweetheart, missed you ! Glad to see you are back with a vengeance :happy036: and. 3 lbs lighter ! Truly unstoppable !

Had the crack-of-dawn lemon bar, then we caught up on the housework and then went round to our son's 'cos it's his birthday today.
Cooking Sunday lunch tomorrow for first time since CD and son requested roast beef and all the trimmings, so that is going to be a bit of a temptation in store ....
Just come home now and sitting on the stairs with a banana shake whilst husband shampooing all downstairs carpets with one of those
machines you hire.
Cat locked in kitchen and yowling in fury.
How like the home life of our own dear Queen.....
Coconut/choc combo aka the Bounty shake planned for tea. xxx

That Bounty bar combo isn't going to last much longer...maybe you should freeze it into ice cubes and send us all a portion ;o)

Yeh, only have one pack left now - but you are all very welcome !

Was going to be your Vanilla with cinnamon and nutmeg, but what I thought was cinnamon has proved to be paprika, and that's a step too far for me..!
I did debate getting changed out of my "comfies" (ancient cut-offs and a denim shirt) and walking up to the supermarket to get some, but thankfully has just started raining (again? after last night? you cannot be serious !) so doing a bit of ironing instead.

I've migrated somewhat from Cinnamon and Nutmeg, to the Every useful combo - Mixed Spice...Delicious! Can't wait to have it with vanilla this evening.
I fear I have gone too far with my chilli flakes...tummy pains all day today with a bout on the loo....cough....I fear another bout is on the near horizon lol

Just had a rummage in the cupboard and I do have some mixed spice : ) - as you will see from the time between my posts I didn't do much ironing....

Sounds like you are fully occupied there Tilly ! Hope you feel much better soon.
After several attempts have finally managed to upload a profile pic : was taken last summer but from memory was within a pound or two of my present weight on this one.
Plus of course I was a year younger!

Back