Daily Meal Posts

:D I survived! It was pretty crap, no atmosphere, some of the food was rubbish but scary sister behaved and mum seemed to quite enjoy it. I was incredibly controlled, I remembered what was on the food list so out of my monster salad I ate some of the chicken and all the lettuce, cucumber and green peppers! Then my young nephew wolfed the rest!

Thanks to everyone for the support, much appreciated and it really helped xxx

:D I survived! It was pretty crap, no atmosphere, some of the food was rubbish but scary sister behaved and mum seemed to quite enjoy it. I was incredibly controlled, I remembered what was on the food list so out of my monster salad I ate some of the chicken and all the lettuce, cucumber and green peppers! Then my young nephew wolfed the rest!

Thanks to everyone for the support, much appreciated and it really helped xxx
Aaaah , thank you for posting : have been thinking about you all evening! All credit to you for making it a special evening for your Mum - the thing zhe will remember is all her family being together and celebrating her 80th with her.
No arguments or backbiting , AND you stayed on plan - RESULT !!

Special dancing party people for you ......:massmoon: :massmoon::massmoon::massmoon:
Couldn't resist, sweetheart, sorry !!! xxx

:8855: What a brilliant smiley!!!

my mum and her husband are coming here at 10 then my sister and nephew will be leaving around 11 and normal service will be resumed! The whole couple of days has gone far better than it might and better than i had expected so all in all i reckon we have come through it unscathed.

i didn't have my porridge last night, i was too knackered so i am ready for my breakfast lemon bar now!

:8855: What a brilliant smiley!!!

my mum and her husband are coming here at 10 then my sister and nephew will be leaving around 11 and normal service will be resumed! The whole couple of days has gone far better than it might and better than i had expected so all in all i reckon we have come through it unscathed.

i didn't have my porridge last night, i was too knackered so i am ready for my breakfast lemon bar now!

Just couldn' t resist sending that one, but they look so much ruder on my "big" computer now...!! Well, I say "my" computer but in fact it belongs to my employers - am at work again lol- but it is my lunch break.
So pleased everything went much better than expected - looking at the clock think you must now be relation- free and able to get yourself and your home back to normal. Always a good feeling !! Enjoy your lemon bar, sweetie - hell, have two today - you deserve them !! xx Will check back in later on own equipment...

Well my sister left around midday but I had completely forgotten that I had promised my son's pal to help him with an essay so have spent from 1pm until 15 mins ago knee deep in Stanislavski's acting techniques :eek::eek: and my brain hurts!

He is almost family, I have known him since before he was born and I was there at the conception!! He is an IVF child (well, man now) and when the fertilised eggs were put back his dad was working so i went instead and held his mums hand while they were transferred so i have always maintained I am partly his parent :D

Consequently I have only just had my "lunch" - a particularly scrumptious vanilla mousse - and porridge will be around 9 this evening.

I am absolutely shattered, haven't slept well while my visitors were here so I wont need much rocking tonight!

Great news froggy and well done on sticking to plan.

Aaahhh drama essays takes me back, I done advanced higher drama (a level) whilst at school - I'm an accountant now so don't know how it was relevant lol :p

How lovely and great that he is friends with your son xxx

Froggy, I love your posts : nearly fell off my chair (my own chair, desk and computer now - no more shameless use of NHS resources) when I read "I was there at the conception..." !!!
Echo what Jem says, that is a lovely story of a friendship now bridging two generations.
My brain hurts even thinking of doing drama essays, let alone for six hours...above and beyond the call of duty, even if you are his second Mum! No, seriously, that is a really generous and kind thing to do.
Foodwise today was banana shake brekkie (yes, again) malt toffeee bar for lunch and a ginormous vanilla and strawberry mousse for tea- I added a drop more water than usual so it was more of an Angel Delight texture, which was lovely.

Enjoy your porridge - early night for me too, will be glad when it's the weekend. xx

Should I get mousse next week is it good???

B STRAWB AND VANILLA
L MINT CHOC
D LEMON BAR

Well for me, the mousse is the very very best thing about the diet - i haven't had a shake since my first mousse! I love having to prepare it, it sort of feels like cooking :D and having something to eat out a bowl with a spoon is something else I love, again its more like a real meal. You can only use the mousse mix once a day though, which is a shame as I could easily have it 3 times a day!

My sister tried the strawberry flavour while she was here and thought it was absolutely revolting, she said it tasted just like something artificially flavoured to try and cover up a nasty medicinal taste :8855: so i suppose its all down to individual taste!

Off for a swim shortly, will have my lemon bar brekkie when i get back

Yes, I like the mousse mix too - didn't realise you can only have one per day though, obviously me not reading instructions again- that happens a lot..just nice to have a different texture occasionally.
I don't seem to find it as filling as a shake, though, which is weird - down to the individual I guess, as Froggy said.

You are off for a swim and I am off to work- know which I would prefer lol : not that I can swim, mind you, but sure you catch my drift.

Have a good day, ladies, let's be careful out there! xx

Yay :) I can't on my phone Hun, will do it tomorrow at work but I've been so busy I haven't had any time to breathe this week :) xxx

B toffee & walnut with ice

L hot mint choc (only thing I can make at work)

D lemon bar yummy xxx

Happy birthday honey xxx

Forgot to post my meals : Brekkie was apple and cinnamon porridge (have finally learnt how to spell cinnamon..!) ; lunch was a luscious lemon bar and Dinner was a Banoffee mousse (half banana, half butterscotch).

Going to make a big mug of lemon and ginger tea and cuddle up with my library book. xx

:) Happy birthday for yesterday nl!

Breakfast was a lemon bar, late lunch at 5pm was mango mousse, dont think I will buy any more mango I realised I am not that keen. Supper at 8pm was my usual apple and cinnamon porridge.

:(:( Tilly where are you?

Back