B- none
L- leftover ham and chicken
Snack - muller lite, coffee skim milk
D - chicken, yogurt +bran

Tomorrows plan
B yogurt, eggs
L chicken soup
D more chicken soup, yogurt and bran

OK... Day 1 of attack restart... using French book (but having cottage cheese this week cos I brought some back from England!)...

So my menu today is:

Breakfast:
3 Dukan muffins, with cube of smoked salmon and 1/3 of crabstick in each.

Lunch:
small piece of poached salmon with a little smoked salmon
chicken leg and spoonful cottage cheese
Muller Lite (ditto brought back with me!)

Snack:
Sugar free jelly (1/3 of sachet)

Dinner (bit of an eggy meal I notice now!):
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Dukan coffee flavoured baked egg custard (made these last night at 10pm on arrival back here! Dedication or what?!)

Lots of H20 (and some sugar free Strepsils).

Last edited:
Water was 1.9 ltrs.
2 coffees
B yoghurt + bran
S custard
L onion scrambled eggs
S ff strawberry yoghurt
D tofu curry
S yoghurt

Just planning my foods for tomorrow for day one of attack and wondered if you could tell me how this lot sounds? I still need to go out and get some ingredients but don't want to delay the start!

B - 2 egg omlette
L - Smoked salmon, mackrel and smoked trout
S - Oat bran galette
D - Grilled chicken breast
S - Grilled chicken leg

I'm unsure of quantities at the moment but plan on making sure I have plenty of meat and fish in the fridge to snack on if I get hungry.

I'm not a big fan of yoghurt but may get some anyway.

Couple of questions if anyone is able to help:-

1) Can I have hot water with some fresh lemon and ginger as flavourings?

2) Is Langley Farm cottage cheese acceptable on the diet?

3) Where can I get the oatbran from? Do I need to go to a health food shop or will a small Tescos have it (would rather avoid a big Tesco shop as I did one today!!)

4) Can I have skinny cappucino's or do those need to bit the dust as well?

5) Can I have sugar free syrups in my drinks to give it some ooomph?? I really like drinking black coffee flavoured with 0 calorie/ 0 carb syrups.

Obviously there will be plenty of water and diet coke in there!

Many thanks for any help you can give me whilst I get started.

Hi and welcome, lajlaj! :)

I'll do my best to help with your questions.

B - 2 egg omlette
L - Smoked salmon, mackrel and smoked trout
S - Oat bran galette
D - Grilled chicken breast
S - Grilled chicken leg

This sounds fine. Lots of protein is good as it helps you to feel full. Just remember to make sure to include at least 1.5 litres of water every single day.

I'm unsure of quantities at the moment but plan on making sure I have plenty of meat and fish in the fridge to snack on if I get hungry.

I'm not a big fan of yoghurt but may get some anyway.

Yoghurt makes a great snack or dessert. Be very careful, though, as they need to be "fat-free" and not contain any sugars. Weight Watchers' Toffee or Vanilla flavours are good. You can also have Mullerlight Toffee or Vanilla, but you need to limit them to a maximum of 2 a day because they are larger than normal. I used to eat fat-free Activia yoghurts, but then found that they contain sugar and so are not good for Dukan.

If you like, you can also eat sugar-free jelly as a pud.

Couple of questions if anyone is able to help:-

1) Can I have hot water with some fresh lemon and ginger as flavourings?

Best to avoid the lemon. I think a little ginger might be okay, but I might be wrong on that. Hopefully, someone else can give you guidance on that.

2) Is Langley Farm cottage cheese acceptable on the diet?

As long as it's their fat-free version, that should be okay. Make sure you don't get the normal version mixed up as they do look very similar and I've accidentally picked up the wrong one myself!

3) Where can I get the oatbran from? Do I need to go to a health food shop or will a small Tescos have it (would rather avoid a big Tesco shop as I did one today!!)

The most easy to find brand seems to be Mornflake. Apparently, it is available in supermarkets (not sure whether small ones would stock it). I get it from my local independent health food shop. Maybe call whichever shop you intend to visit beforehand just to make sure?

4) Can I have skinny cappucino's or do those need to bit the dust as well?

Sorry, I never drink coffee so don't know what goes into a cappucino. You can have a certain amount of skimmed milk, so if it's just coffee and skimmed milk, then it would be okay. Can anyone else please help with this one?

5) Can I have sugar free syrups in my drinks to give it some ooomph?? I really like drinking black coffee flavoured with 0 calorie/ 0 carb syrups.

As long as they've no sugar, carbs or alcohol, I think they should be fine. I'm sure there's a brand called DaVinci which some people use. Again, perhaps someone else can confirm (or deny!) this?

Obviously there will be plenty of water and diet coke in there!

Many thanks for any help you can give me whilst I get started.

Best of luck with Attack. Remember to let us know how you get on.

Thank you very much. I already have some of the Di Vinci syrups as I found it very useful when doing another low carb diet last year. I will get some yoghurts in and will avoid the lemon in the hot water - I'll add a couple of scrapings of ginger though as I think from reading the book that is ok. It just gives the water some flavour. In the cold weather I really like to drink hot drinks but want to cut back on the coffee!

Thank you again for replying. I've started a diary thread and will probably spend a lot of time on here as I find it helpful to be 100% motivated and be around people with the same goals.

Day 3
B muller lite
L trout and chicken
Sn yogurt
D meatloaf with bran portion in and eggs if hungry

Skinny cappuccino is okay but not too many.

Last edited:
Day 4

B - yoghurt and cinnamon (sweetner)
s - coffee and a little custard
L - scrambled egg and salmon (with a little cottage cheese on the side) + diet coke
s - coffee
D - fish in white sauce (just about to make it, cannot wait)
s - FF berry yoghurt

Glad to see this thread coming to life again. Day 1 attack no problem, so here's to Day 2...

Breakfast:

Lunch:
small piece of poached salmon with a little smoked salmon
Muller Lite

Snack:

Dinner:
2 x 100g 5% fat burgers with (dry) fried egg on top
Dukan coffee flavoured baked egg custard

Lajlaj - all looks good to me. If you're hungry, which you could well be on attack, feel free to eat more protein still.

The girls have answered your direct questions, so I've nothing to add there...; just that I advise that you try some of the recipes so that you don't get too bored...

Looking forward to reading your diary!

HAve a good day Jo.

In your muffins on Attack have you used 1.5 Tsp of bran or more? I suppose with the filling that would make 3 anyway.

Im thinking tomorrow will be;
yoghurt and cinnamon
muffins and coffee
tin of tuna with cottage cheese
salmon with white sauce
custard for dessert

I didn't mention it today, but did yesterday, but I'm following the French book so am not getting into the reduced attack bran now in the English book! As I've just got back from 2 weeks' vacation, I made this muffins and froze them before going away, so it was them or go without so I figured that if he wrote the original book with my quantity (I'll keep schtum so as not to cause confusion on the site), it'll work this week too!

So long as it works. Is it snowing today?

Not here... Robin is a lot further into snowy territory.

TODAY;
YOGHURT AND CINNAMON
CAPPUCINO and custard 100g
TUNA, COTTAGE CHEESE AND TOM PASTE (not that tasty at all)
3 x choc dukan muffins
coffee

dinner I am not sure about? I have salmon steaks defrosting but not in the mood for them.... maybe fish and white sauce again, I really liked that yesterday. As per usual I am nervous about WI tomorrow, even though I know I have lost. Going to do a work out in about an hours time then have dinner.

Bren - have you eaten those muffins yet? No choc on Attack!

Day 3 atttack...

Breakfast:

Lunch:
100g slice of roast beef (butcher)
Muller Lite

Snack:

Dinner:
150g salmon fillet with prawns (poached in a little skimmed milk and cumin)
Dukan coffee flavoured baked egg custard

Oh no I have! Oops. Bugger i hope that doesn't effect my WI tomorrow? :(

Back