Daily menus

Another PP day so that I can have a PV tomorrow when we have people over

B - 2 boiled eggs
l - half a chicken
d - chicken tikka masala
s - muffins, the other half of the chicken!

I had a goji muffin yesterday - made a batch of 6, and froze 5 (cos extras). They have to be the closest thing to a fruit cake I've eaten since Christmas!

4.5km walk in a moment (unless it starts raining again)

B: muffins (smoked salmon in)
L: I've a couple of leftover turkey cubes, marinated in garlic, ginger and fromage frais and stir fried with konjac noodles (delicious!). Chicken leg. Seafood quiche
fat free yoghurt

S: sugar free jelly

D: poached salmon (in cumin and skimmed milk) served with a little of each cabbage, green beans, carrots

Joanne, when can I add the konjac nodles in on cruise or stab ? They are super yummy and I have several packets in the fridge calling me :D

I'll be honest, Big Chick, and admit that I have absolutely no idea what the "official party line" is quantity wise (anyone being coached who can help here?). They're a new thing (to me) and an addition to the diet. I read they were ok in PV on Cruise but not on attack or PP days in Cruise.

Thanks Joanne I dont eat them often but they do make a change and dont half fill you up too. Will add them in on the odd PV day and see what happens. :0)

Yesterday PP:
B: 2 muffins
L: 3 small slices turkey meatloaf, vanilla muller light
S: 1 fillet smoked mackerel, sf jelly
D: Sirloin steak, 2 muffins

Today PV:
L: 3 small slices turkey meatloaf, toffee muller light
D: Sirloin steak, celeriac chips, asparagus, broccoli, green beans & steak quark sauce with mushrooms
S: 3 muffins, sf jelly

Big chick - I read on the OFFICIAL French site yesterday that Konjac noodles are ok on PP and attack too... interesting! Unlimited in quantity too!

OK for my menu today - PP
First a 5Km walk - with a detour to one of my bosses flats with a document!

B: muffins with cube of smoked fish in and 1/3 crabstick on each

L: 75g poached salmon piece with a couple of prawns, mini seafood quiche and a thin chicken leg
fat free yoghurt

S: sugar free jelly

Then tube + 2km walk - gonna stock up on konjac!

D: 2 x 100g 5% fat burgers with (dry) fried egg on top

Plenty of water

Hello :wavey:
I'm giving Dukan a go for a while. I've been on Atkins but I don't eat cheese and was getting low on snack ideas other than scratchings bleurgh! So here's my menu for yesterday and the start of today.
Yesterday
B - galette
L- 2 slices of ham and beef, strawberry yoghurt
S - strawberry yoghurt
D - fillet steak, salmon, boiled egg, quark with a splash of soy sauce to make a dressing (prob wont do that again lol)
Today
B - galette
L - chicken breast, 2 boiled eggs, 5 tiny pickled onions, splash of Heinz fat free vinaigrette
D - A choice of steak, chicken or salmon (I'll interrogate recipes)
S - prob strawberry yoghurt
Am I on the right track?

Hi, Dietkitty. No fruit yoghurts, I'm afraid, although the citrus ones which are "flavoured" and don't actually contain bits of fruit are okay. Vanilla and toffee tend to be fine, too. But make sure that they are fat-free. Be careful as many diet yoghurts contain banned substances like sugar.

Many Dukaners prefer to use plain fat-free yoghurt and flavour it with spices or vanilla essence (no oil and no alcohol). Otherwise, you're allowed up to 2 Mullerlight toffee or vanilla yoghurts, and Weightwatchers toffee, vanilla and citrus are okay.

What does the Heinz Fat Free Vinaigrette contain? Normally, processed dressings like that can contain nasties, so be sure to check the label carefully.

The stricter you follow the diet, the better the results tend to be.

Just out of interest, do you have the book? It does help tremendously.

Hi thanks dukandebut. Yes I have got the book and category 8 states 'Non-fat fruit yoghurts are allowed too but a maximum of two per day' so I thought 0% strawberry would be ok? I've bought vanilla today so not a prob either way. I've checked out the vinaigrette label and its Hellmans not Heinz. It's almost 11% sugar so may be best to leave it in the fridge for now! I only had a tiny amount (about 1 tsp) for a flavour hit.

Hi thanks dukandebut. Yes I have got the book and category 8 states 'Non-fat fruit yoghurts are allowed too but a maximum of two per day' so I thought 0% strawberry would be ok? I've bought vanilla today so not a prob either way. I've checked out the vinaigrette label and its Hellmans not Heinz. It's almost 11% sugar so may be best to leave it in the fridge for now! I only had a tiny amount (about 1 tsp) for a flavour hit.

It's so easy to pick up something off the shelf and then find out later that it contains sugar or other nasties. I think most of it, including myself, have done it at one time or other. Sometimes the labels are a bit misleading, too, and contain ingredients like sugars under a different name, such as fructose, etc. Definitely pays to give them a good read through. I wish it were easier to spot the baddies on the shelf, though! ;)

The diet can become a bit bland, particularly during Attack, without flavourings. Check out some of the daily menus and recipes for ideas. Herbs and spices are incredibly useful. As you know you can also add a tiny amount of onion and gherkin, just enough to "season". It all helps! :)

L: Half chicken frittata, toffee muller light
D: 250g ish turkey breast fillets in luc lac (reduced quantities) marinade, sf jelly
S: roast salmon fillet, 3 muffins

Hi Kitty... SF jelly is fine from the outset. Three a day, they say, but I try to stick to "normal" portions so I just have the one. As the girls said above, the yoghurt thing is a little awkward initially while you find your feet. I'm sure from an Atkins (or real life!) perspective, reading the small print on labels is irritating initially and the Dukan diet can seem a faff, but long term I've not gone back to those shop bought nasties so it's a win win situation in the end!

For a tasty vinaigrette, I use vinegar, splodge of fat free fromage frais, mustard and herbs. I make myself up a pot in the summer for the week. There's a "ketchup" recipe in the book too (not ok for attack though). Otherwise, Vicky taught us to marinade, marinade and if in doubt marinade a little more to introduce flavour and variety.

My PV day to come
4.5K walk

B: Dukan muffins
L: I've a small portion of Dukan friendly cheeseburger pie, a slice of beef meatloaf (aaah lovely to have such things bagged up in the freezer midweek!) and some lettuce, cuc, couple of cherry tomatoes. Oh and a scrawny chicken leg - that sounds a lot. Maybe hold the leg!
fat free yoghurt

S: sugar free jelly (1/3 of package made up)

D: 100g chicken livers (dry) fried with caramelised onions (fry lite + sweetener) served hot on bed of cold crunchiness (lettuce, cuc, couple cherry tomatoes, couple slices beetroot).

I made up the Dukan mayo last night (only need about 1/4 the mustard for my taste!) and made some muffins this morning so I'm getting organised-ish :) So an update to the menu:
Last nights D - chicken and prawn omelette, splodge of Dukan mayo
S - vanilla yoghurt because I'd forgotten to take my meds and it needs to be with food!

oooh I can't abide Dukan food theft! My food is MINE and those who can eat everything they want can go eat pigswill!

Good to see you getting organised! Remember lots of water!

You are so greedy Mouse... (50 smoked salmon? How on earth could you finish that lot?)

Back